By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Sold you on the WiiU?

What game sold you on the WiiU?

ZombiU 46 12.67%

New Super Mario Bros U 35 9.64%

Nintendoland 30 8.26%

Pikmin 3 49 13.50%

Sonic Lost World 11 3.03%

Mario 3D World 42 11.57%

Donkey Kong Country 7 1.93%

Lego City 6 1.65%

Zelda: Wind Waker HD 66 18.18%

Other 71 19.56%

Total:363

pikmin 3. Once I saw that footage at E3 I was sold. What a great game.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

No game really sold it to me, as i always buy Nintendo. I know that awesome games are always going to come so my harware purchase was day 1. Zombi U was the most interesting launch title but NSMBU really surprised me, i thought it was going to be an expansion of the Wii version but it turned out to be in my opinion the best NSMB game in the series. Seeing Nintendo games in HD with more graphical grunt is always appealing too, Pikmin 3 and Windwaker look gorgeous and Mario has never looked so good with HD lick of paint.

RolStoppable said:
Purple said:

I'm sure more people would have bought one for Rayman than Sonic though

You also have an Ice Climbers avatar.

Stop being silly. Sonic is still a much bigger deal despite many disappointing games over the last two decades. The sales show it, the message boards don't. People just love to beat down Sonic and praise Rayman. If you ever read someone saying that they would buy a Wii U for Rayman Legends, they were lying.

Yeah that's true, sales for Sonic have been strong so there clearly is a large market for it. It's just I don't think I've heard someone say they bought a console for Sonic for about 15 years. We'll get a good idea of whether there are people out there that still do though in the next couple of weeks.

And I resent the dig at poor Ice Climbers

Nintendoland, for its multiplayer, and ZombiU, for being a survival horror like we haven´t seen for ages.

Zombi u and NSMBU

Around the Network

I plan to buy it in February mainly because of Tropical Freeze. Also I will buy SM 3D World, Wind Waker, Xeno.

No single game on that list has made me buy a Wii U, but the combined strength of that line up means I aim to buy a Wii U in January.

To me it's a compination of Zelda WW, ZombiU, NSMBU and Mario 3D World. Games that I'm very eager to test is Sonic LW and DKC:TF! Those games look soooo good!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

the Nintendo logo on the box sold it to me

I don't need no games!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

1) X
2) Sonic: Lost World
3) MK8

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo