By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction time: Which company will sell the most hardware in 2013?

Dont underestimate the power of PS4! PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita (hell even PS2 is still in the game lol) vs Wii/U/DS/3DS

Its gonna be close.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Dont underestimate the power of PS4! PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita (hell even PS2 is still in the game lol) vs Wii/U/DS/3DS

Its gonna be close.

it won't even be close to close.

That one with the pokemon pikachu handhelds.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

there's a small little known indie game called pokemon, as well as 2ds, zelda and holidays.

there's a small little known indie game called Gta V, as well as the PS4 and the holidays.

But alright, what was it? 18 mio + for 3DS and 10 mio Wii Us? I'll remember that and I will come back to remind you at the beginning of 2014.

in case you didn't notice, even a huge title like gta5 can't give much of a boost for hardware sales on saturated consoles.the ones still buying ps360's are late adobters.

It nearly tripled PS3 sales in its release week...

But it doesn't even need to give the PS3 a giant boost, cause I'm not saying that the PS3 alone will outsell the 3DS I'm just saying that once again one of your Nintendo predictions is very very "optimistic"...

Zero999 said:
Turkish said:

Its gonna be close.

it won't even be close to close.

5.5 million PS3s

3 million PS4s

1.5 million PSP/Vitas

vs 8 million 3DS and 2 million  Wii/WiiUs

Yeah its gonna be close

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Numbers up till now

3DS: about 7 mio

PS3+PSP+Vita: about 10 mio

Checking the numbers wouldn't hurt before making claims like that.

I didn't claim 3ds sold more than those combined SO FAR in 2013, I claimed it WILL sell more in 2013 then those + ps4 combined.

read before you make claims like that.

I know what you meant and I'm telling you that if you'd checked the numbers first, you'd seen that this prediction is completely outlandish. Just think about that for a second, you yourself predicted that the PS4 will sell over 2 mio in 2013, so let's go with that for the sake of this argument, if we add that to the ps3/psp/vita numbers we already have, then the 3DS has to sell over 5 mio more units than those consoles in the next 3 months, does that seem even remotely realistic to you?

OT: Overall the winner will probably still be Nintendo though

there's a small little known indie game called pokemon, as well as 2ds, zelda and holidays.

Pokemon isn't an indie game ... do you even know what an indie game is? lawl.

3DS aint doing 15m this holiday Q. That would up 100% YOY. Not even Nintendo expect that. Do you even look at their forecasts?

Wait, you dont think 3DS will have 15mil sales for tis year? or do you mean holiday? (cant be holiday its impossible o.O)

Nintendo aren't expecting more than 12m this holiday Q, judging by their FY forecast (18m) (which they rarely ever hit anyway, FACT)

So we have

3DS: 16m
WiiU: 5m
Wii: 1.5m
DS: 0.5m??

PS4: 3.5m
PS3: 10m
PSP: 2.5m?
PSV: 3m?

Totals

Nintendo: 23m~
Sony: 19m~

Numbers could sway either way for any console, but it's not a runaway win for either.

Forgot I was doing full year 3DS sales not holiday, so I stand by Nintendo winning!

3DS  = Sony combined is absurd tho.

JoeTheBro said:
Sony.

Nintendo has the 3DS and the Wii U, while Sony has the PS3, PS4, and PSV. Wii U and PSV cancel each other out, so PS3+PS4 verse 3DS. PS3 is not too far behind 3DS, so if PS4 sells a few million this year they win.

Should be really close though.

its pretty obvious that the PSV wont be able to match the WiiU this year, just look at the bump zelda gave it and know that there is Sonic, mario and Wii Fit yet to come, while the PSV just has tear away. The PS3 wont be able to match the 3DS this year, but the Wii Wont be aven close to either the PS3 or PS4. all in all, it will be a close call, though i give the edge to Nintendo winning by a few million. 

tbone51 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Numbers up till now

3DS: about 7 mio

PS3+PSP+Vita: about 10 mio

Checking the numbers wouldn't hurt before making claims like that.

I didn't claim 3ds sold more than those combined SO FAR in 2013, I claimed it WILL sell more in 2013 then those + ps4 combined.

read before you make claims like that.

I know what you meant and I'm telling you that if you'd checked the numbers first, you'd seen that this prediction is completely outlandish. Just think about that for a second, you yourself predicted that the PS4 will sell over 2 mio in 2013, so let's go with that for the sake of this argument, if we add that to the ps3/psp/vita numbers we already have, then the 3DS has to sell over 5 mio more units than those consoles in the next 3 months, does that seem even remotely realistic to you?

OT: Overall the winner will probably still be Nintendo though

Pokemon isn't an indie game ... do you even know what an indie game is? lawl.

3DS aint doing 15m this holiday Q. That would up 100% YOY. Not even Nintendo expect that. Do you even look at their forecasts?

Wait, you dont think 3DS will have 15mil sales for tis year? or do you mean holiday? (cant be holiday its impossible o.O)

I said this holiday Q, can't be clearer than that ...

Nintendo forecast 18m this FY, they will sell about 5m out of holiday season, leaves about 13m for the holiday, max.

Seece said:
tbone51 said:

I said this holiday Q, can't be clearer than that ...

Nintendo forecast 18m this FY, they will sell about 5m out of holiday season, leaves about 13m for the holiday, max.

5mil only? No F***ing way! 3DS is 7mil so 3 weeks left intill holiday season (Nov cuz some p. eople think its just Dec), last year we had Paper Mario only outside of japan. This year we have Pokemon XY+zelda+2DS. Nov+Dec will have sold at least 6mil. Last year totalsales were 14.2mil. This year will be way over that