By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction time: Which company will sell the most hardware in 2013?

With the momentum of the 3ds - Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon, Zelda - It will be hard to beat Nintendo this year

Around the Network

It should be nintendo because of the 3DS.

Nintendo's holidays are always insanely massive.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The 3ds will beast through everything, so Nintendo wins by default. The WiiU should do some solid numbers as well, thanks to 3D World.

Nintendo. 3DS = more than PS3 + PS4, which should be around 14m, no more.

WiiU and PSV cancel each other out.

Around the Network

Apple... no... Samsung ;)

Zero999 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sony.

Nintendo has the 3DS and the Wii U, while Sony has the PS3, PS4, and PSV. Wii U and PSV cancel each other out, so PS3+PS4 verse 3DS. PS3 is not too far behind 3DS, so if PS4 sells a few million this year they win.

Should be really close though.

3ds is gonna have a monster holiday, it will outsell ps3/ps4/psp/psvita combined in 2013.

Just going off last year's monthly numbers plus a little for yoy growth and pokemon, the 3DS reaches 15 million or so for the year.

PS3 reaches 11 million with a hefty year on year decline. Vita gets to about 3 million. PSP also ends the year around 3 million. That itself is 17 million. Factor in PS4 which should have no problem doing 3 million this holiday, and the 3DS needs to beat 20 million this year to outsell them.

That's pretty unlikely.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Numbers up till now

3DS: about 7 mio

PS3+PSP+Vita: about 10 mio

Checking the numbers wouldn't hurt before making claims like that.

I didn't claim 3ds sold more than those combined SO FAR in 2013, I claimed it WILL sell more in 2013 then those + ps4 combined.

read before you make claims like that.

I know what you meant and I'm telling you that if you'd checked the numbers first, you'd seen that this prediction is completely outlandish. Just think about that for a second, you yourself predicted that the PS4 will sell over 2 mio in 2013, so let's go with that for the sake of this argument, if we add that to the ps3/psp/vita numbers we already have, then the 3DS has to sell over 5 mio more units than those consoles in the next 3 months, does that seem even remotely realistic to you?

OT: Overall the winner will probably still be Nintendo though

there's a small little known indie game called pokemon, as well as 2ds, zelda and holidays.

JoeTheBro said:
Zero999 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Sony.

Nintendo has the 3DS and the Wii U, while Sony has the PS3, PS4, and PSV. Wii U and PSV cancel each other out, so PS3+PS4 verse 3DS. PS3 is not too far behind 3DS, so if PS4 sells a few million this year they win.

Should be really close though.

3ds is gonna have a monster holiday, it will outsell ps3/ps4/psp/psvita combined in 2013.

Just going off last year's monthly numbers plus a little for yoy growth and pokemon, the 3DS reaches 15 million or so for the year.

PS3 reaches 11 million with a hefty year on year decline. Vita gets to about 3 million. PSP also ends the year around 3 million. That itself is 17 million. Factor in PS4 which should have no problem doing 3 million this holiday, and the 3DS needs to beat 20 million this year to outsell them.

That's pretty unlikely.

I'd say 18M for the ps consoles, tops. 3ds can get more than that for sure.

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

Numbers up till now

3DS: about 7 mio

PS3+PSP+Vita: about 10 mio

Checking the numbers wouldn't hurt before making claims like that.

I didn't claim 3ds sold more than those combined SO FAR in 2013, I claimed it WILL sell more in 2013 then those + ps4 combined.

read before you make claims like that.

I know what you meant and I'm telling you that if you'd checked the numbers first, you'd seen that this prediction is completely outlandish. Just think about that for a second, you yourself predicted that the PS4 will sell over 2 mio in 2013, so let's go with that for the sake of this argument, if we add that to the ps3/psp/vita numbers we already have, then the 3DS has to sell over 5 mio more units than those consoles in the next 3 months, does that seem even remotely realistic to you?

OT: Overall the winner will probably still be Nintendo though

there's a small little known indie game called pokemon, as well as 2ds, zelda and holidays.

Pokemon isn't an indie game ... do you even know what an indie game is? lawl.

3DS aint doing 15m this holiday Q. That would up 100% YOY. Not even Nintendo expect that. Do you even look at their forecasts?