By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251

Do people realise that PC gaming revenue includes any device that has an x86 architecture? About 40% of the pc gaming revenue also comes from China and the Chinese/Korean MMOs.

Around the Network

Like someone previously stated usually PC elitists think poorly of console gaming as a whole. To put it into perspective they think about console gaming like how everyone on this forum thinks about smartphone gaming. So personally to me they're the most frustrating elitists to listen to.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Wright said:
Kasz216 said:

Missing out on  great exclusives happens regardless of platform.

But that's the point I'm getting at, and the one I'm disagreeing with you. An enthusiastic gamer doesn't "end up" in PC, and enthusiastic gamer end up where the software is. That means, ending up in everything.

Eh, in theory maybe.   In practive I ended up with everything... and I don't really use any of it outside my PC despite spending more hours playing games then a person really should.

PC games just offer too many options and possibilties, to where even the best console games are... ok and all, but compaired with the general freedom and possibilties of PC gaming... to where even the best console games seem constricting and lacking in value.

Can't really say it as worth paying for my systems at launch price, and I really don't plan to get a new system until probably near the end of the next generation.

The hypocracy of it all. which is why I haven't been posting much lately.

Pemalite said:
daredevil.shark said:

Again. PC software sales market is blurred as the PC hardware sell. A pc which is purchased for office is sometimes is included as gaming hardware sale. This issue is debatle and this is why I have marked "revenue" as "proper".

Do you have anything to back up those sales claims? I've at-least provided something, otherwise I'll simply consider that as an opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

outlawauron said:

This always gets me. I'd love to see that $600 rig run games 8 years from now in 1080p.

I would like to see a $600 console (Which is what the Next-Gen are priced around here in Aus) to play games from the past few decades and play games from other platforms, transcode video, do some word processing and other such tasks.

However, you can get a 6 year old Core 2 Quad Q6600 PC for around $200 second hand, overclock it to 3.6ghz and for another $200+, get a high-end GPU which is more than capable of maxing out the majority of games at 1080P (Or higher, 1440P!), heck such a system would probably be more than adequate for another few years yet.

You would also save money on games and online access, which actually makes the PC cheaper in the long run, even with hardware upgrades. - Significantly cheaper if you like to have a large games library.

To be honest, this thread is exactly why PC "Elitists" exist, everyone is allowed to hate on the platform, but no one is allowed to correct their false accusations, otherwise they are stereotyped.

You're full of it.

I spent over $1k on my gaming rig 3 years ago (and have spent more replacing parts that have broken), and I find your exagerrations grating. I can run everything, but nothing on max and certainly not with a stable frame rate. I think PC elitists exist because the internet gives very insecure people to form an hivemind.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Pemalite said:
daredevil.shark said:

outlawauron said:

You're full of it.

I spent over $1k on my gaming rig 3 years ago (and have spent more replacing parts that have broken), and I find your exagerrations grating. I can run everything, but nothing on max and certainly not with a stable frame rate. I think PC elitists exist because the internet gives very insecure people to form an hivemind.

Why the obsession with running things at max?   What he said doesn't exactly imply max... and if you spent that much your computer has to be running games better looking and as smooth as your consoles.  Well unless you've gunked it up somehow.

As for the broken parts... why didn't you send them in on their warranties like you would a console?

outlawauron said:

You're full of it.

I never said everything will be on max. Nor did I include Anti-Aliasing, majority of games however will run fine on max, the PC games library spans decades remember.

You obviously get the exceptions such as Metro, but then even the consoles wouldn't be running that even on Max anyway, sorry about your reading comprehension failing on that part.

If you built your PC right the first time, you wouldn't have broken hardware either.
My PC is going on 2 years old (In sig) and not one single piece of hardware has failed, My Phenom 2 x6 PC is going on 3 years old and it's still as reliable as the day I built it.
My FX 8120 system is going on a couple years old and it's perfectly fine, even with my kid-brothers abuse.

There are millions of PC's around the world which are a decade or older, all running fine like the day they were built, I'm afraid you're the exception and not the rule.
Besides, warranty is there for a reason, my PSU has a 7 year warranty and my motherboard has a 10 year warranty for instance, which is longer than my Xbox 360's 2-3 year warranty length.

If you want, I do have access to a Core 2 Quad system, I can drop one of my Radeon 7970's into it and do some benchmarks if you wish, you would be surprised how well they handle gaming.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Don't be mad at them, they just feel left out and wanting attention to fit in that's all.

I'm not seeing pc elitists talking about how awful sony/xbox fanboys are.