By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251
realgamer said:
Anfebious said:

I was recently browsing IGN looking at a walktrough of New Super Luigi U to see where the secret extis are! After a while I decide to scroll to the very end to the comments section to see what intelligent discussion the people of IGN where having.

The comment section was flooded with non related comments about the PC being the master gaming device. I never seen this as I never really been into console wars but do PC fanboys really think of themselves as the PC Master Race? There was a guy who constantly replied and made remarks about the supremacy and omnipotence of the PC!

He even put this chart: https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/536/2366/original.jpg. To prove his point! And damn that is a lot of games.

Also here is another one! https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/535/8561/original.jpg

Anyway he was certainly a jerk and after 3 or 4 of his comments I stopped reading to ask you guys. Are the PC elitist the worse fanboys out there? If so why is it? If not, why not?

I for one, don't know what to say. I'v been posting in gaming forums just recently and I don't identify fanboys. So what do you think guys?

I'm sure they are better than Sony loyalities 

Well yeah it could be true! I haven't meet with many fanboys so that would certainly be a possibility.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

To everyone! I posted 2 links in my OP with two images. One shows a list of exclusive games coming for the PC. Is that list true? o_o

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

A PC does everything a console does but better.
That's really the reason why PC gamers find themself superior to console gamers.

They have their place. Whenever a console fanboy shits over another console because of the graphics, the PC masterrace is needed to put the fanboy back in his place.

not on this site. That mantle goes to Sony fans here.

Around the Network

Yes, I agree with the op. That's why I enjoy the fact that GTA V only released on PS3/360. With the shitty pc petition getting 450k sigs, i'm sure they'll get a pc version next year when everyone has already played it.

Blood_Tears said:
Yes, I agree with the op. That's why I enjoy the fact that GTA V only released on PS3/360. With the shitty pc petition getting 450k sigs, i'm sure they'll get a pc version next year when everyone has already played it.

I've never been a GTA fan, but I still find it ironic how GTA IV has better graphics on PC than what GTA V has on consoles. :P
You can get some pretty stupid surreal graphics thanks to Ice Enhancer.
For example:

IMHO, it's almost a different game visually, which would help greatly with immersion.
Worth waiting a year or so for mods like that? Many seem to think so. :)

Anfebious said:
One shows a list of exclusive games coming for the PC. Is that list true? o_o

Yep, it's true.
But the PC has no games remember. :P

The list would look even more rediculous if you included total conversion mods. ;)
There are allot of indies in that list, but I personally wouldn't discredit an indie game, Minecraft being an example where some AAA games wish they could even have a fraction of those sales.

daredevil.shark said:
These loudmouth vocal minorities always want to force their opinion over others. Luckily game developers hears only the specific platform owners (for example, xbox 360 and ps3) who gives them "proper" revenue. No one cares about these type of people who claim to be "elitists".

Want to talk revenues do we?
Fine.

Also, do keep in mind, without the PC you wouldn't have the consoles how they are today.
The PC and PC Gamers essentially funded the development of the Graphics Processing Units found in the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, AMD and nVidia's entire business strategy was built around PC gamers, not console.
Your next next generation consoles will probably again, use PC technology built first for PC gamers with Billions in R&D.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

pezus said:
There is not just one Steam Machine. There will be many options, all of them yet to be revealed (and the price certainly so). I can definitely see some of them being in the console price range, while others will be more expensive.

The lowest spec on the prototypes is an i3 with a GTX 660 which should be roughly the same price as Sony/MS consoles.  Maybe slightly more.  I have seen a lot of build your own specs for $450-550 posted around the web.  They could be cheaper if AMD had better driver support for linux/steamOS and you could use thier APUs.

For a livingroom build where all you need is 1080p gaming, the i5/GTX 760 is a very nice sweetspot.  That is what I will buy or build, and it will be a few hundred more than the Sony/MS consoles, but so very much worth a few hundred bucks.

The i7/Titan prototype looks like it will be expensive, and complete overkill for a livingroom setup unless you have a 4k tv.

Well, when someone spends five times as much to play the same games... I think they are bound to scream and shout the praises of their platform. But... MS and Sony elitist/fanboys are the worst, honestly its all the same shit give or take a few exclusives, and yet they fight for these machines as if it were their first born child. Fanboys ruin gaming sites for me, i want to talk games, not who is better than who for which console they own.

Tough call. Nowadays you have a lot of annoying groups on the internet.

From PC elitists to Apple's isheep. You see movie critics, not the one that's a job and religious fanatics. In gaming we have Nintendo purests to Kinect fanboys and Sony loyalists.

It's hard to choose really. Over the top enthusiastic people CAN be annyoing, when they let their bias get the best of their judgement that is, whatever it is they back. Whether it is Rihanna or Scientology!