By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251
daredevil.shark said:
Some of my observations:
1. Every pc elitists "indirectly" say, graphics makes a game "better".

If the graphics of the other version(s) is "good enough", slightly better graphic doesn't make a game better.

But if the less powerful version has serious flaws (many pop ups, slowdowns, jaggies, blurred textures, short vision range, blocky shadows...), it lessens the game experience... in these cases, inferior graphics make a game worse.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
daredevil.shark said:
Some of my observations:
1. Every pc elitists "indirectly" say, graphics makes a game "better".
2. Every pc gamers in the internet act as proud owner of gtx titan but steam hardware survey shows otherwise.
3. PC gaming group are most active playing retro games. Yet they never complain about poor graphics.

These are my view. If you disagree then its great. Please dont put your comment by quoting mine. Feel free to express your opinion elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Why post in a thread and then request for no response? It's an open forum, if you want your feelings to not be tackled, you know what you should avoid.

However, I will take each point on:

1. I am a graphics person that agrees that beautiful visuals accent the game. Nothing wrong with that.

2. As a PC gamer, I am proud of my Titan SLI setup. Again, nothing wrong with that. However, every PC gamer doesn't have a Titan and they most certainly don't all brag about it.

3. Contradicts your first point. You claimed PC folks say "graphics make the game better", but acknowledge that they have the biggest catalogue of retro titles.....and don't complain.

Great response bro. The 3rd point contradicts with the 1st point because I wanted to show the conflicted view or conflicted nature of many pc gamers. As I might have stated before my friend who have two gtx 680 have no complaint againt league of legends and he playes a lot that game. Yet he is always critical of games like the last of us or other console games. I mentioned people "not to response" to avoid "aggrasive" comments. It acts as a phycological barrier for aggrasive attackers from commenting. But I have no problem with logical response.

Pemalite said:
Anfebious said:
One shows a list of exclusive games coming for the PC. Is that list true? o_o

Yep, it's true.
But the PC has no games remember. :P

The list would look even more rediculous if you included total conversion mods. ;)
There are allot of indies in that list, but I personally wouldn't discredit an indie game, Minecraft being an example where some AAA games wish they could even have a fraction of those sales.

To be fair, some of the PC exclusives in the list aren't exclusives at all, some of them are also coming for iOS, Android or Vita.

Larry Reloaded, Broken Age, Broken Sword 5 and Moebius and a few others. Dreamfall Chapters will be ported to the WiiU.

On the other hand, some great PC exclusives are even missing on the list, for example The Dark Eye: Memoria or Goodbye Deponia and Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect.

daredevil.shark said:

Again. PC software sales market is blurred as the PC hardware sell. A pc which is purchased for office is sometimes is included as gaming hardware sale. This issue is debatle and this is why I have marked "revenue" as "proper".

Do you have anything to back up those sales claims? I've at-least provided something, otherwise I'll simply consider that as an opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

outlawauron said:

This always gets me. I'd love to see that $600 rig run games 8 years from now in 1080p.

I would like to see a $600 console (Which is what the Next-Gen are priced around here in Aus) to play games from the past few decades and play games from other platforms, transcode video, do some word processing and other such tasks.

However, you can get a 6 year old Core 2 Quad Q6600 PC for around $200 second hand, overclock it to 3.6ghz and for another $200+, get a high-end GPU which is more than capable of maxing out the majority of games at 1080P (Or higher, 1440P!), heck such a system would probably be more than adequate for another few years yet.

You would also save money on games and online access, which actually makes the PC cheaper in the long run, even with hardware upgrades. - Significantly cheaper if you like to have a large games library.

To be honest, this thread is exactly why PC "Elitists" exist, everyone is allowed to hate on the platform, but no one is allowed to correct their false accusations, otherwise they are stereotyped.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

PC elitists are pretty annoying even though I'm mainly a PC gamer myself. I agree that their probably the worst base of gamers considering the fact they usually start shitstorms within 1 comment compared compared to the childish bickering that the ps360 gamers do for it to happen.

Around the Network

PC elitists on forums are quite often bratty kids that resent not being able to play some of the latest exclusive console releases. The real PC Elite are too busy playing games on PC and not bothering to post on console gaming forums for said exclusives.

CGI-Quality said:
Some of you crack me up. It's like a PC fan somewhere, somehow, spit in your food and stole your bike, or something.

Oh I'm not offended by PC "fans" per se in fact your quite comforting to the whole community but else where I see alot of treachery from PC elitists and especially from youtube in the comments section. 

I dont really see how PC "elitists" are the worst.

Their systems are the most powerful/useful/customizable etc. and they just make fun of others who argue about which of their "underpowered" systems is more powerful (its like 2 people without legs arguing over who can jump higher when a pole vaulter is standing next to them)

For me its just "consoleros" being hurt because they have no chance against pc elitists. If console gamers would stop their dick size comparing (which btw makes them the worst) PC elitists would have no reason to tell them to know their place.
I mean they always say "my system is more powerful than yours" and then when someone shows up thats really more powerful they go all whiny....

Just look back to 2005/6 when consoles were more powerful than PCs and how the console gamers behaved. Thats what they get for acting all "superior".  Well deal with it  is what I would say.

Btw my PC is from 2008 so I am by no means an pc elitist.

I think the PC elitists who compare PC to a Lamborghini and consoles to a regular car are dumb. Such a stupid analogy.

Console fanboys argue their console is superior to the competition but pc gamers think ''they'' are superior to other gamers because they play on pc which is so fucking retarded

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.