By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251

You sole console owners seem upset :^)

Around the Network
AlexDD said:

1) You don't need to spend thousands on gaming pcs. Hell I can go on newegg and buy parts for 600 that can beat consoles both current and next gen. 

This always gets me. I'd love to see that $600 rig run games 8 years from now in 1080p.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I love how you just made a list of all the reasons why PC games are better lol The main reason why I left console gaming is price... yes you can argue and say "no, it is cheaper to buy a console" but if you look at what you can do + knowing you don't have to buy more than one console. The average household brought 2.6 consoles this generations so in other words around 400-600$ (or more if you brought at launch). In the short run yes it is cheaper but in the long run not so much.

There are way better deals for games on PC than on consoles. PC always has games $10 cheaper so if you buy 20 games you saved $200 already and if you really look you can find even better deals such as the Radeon Reloaded which gave 4 games for free just for buying a GPU: Cryisi 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and FarCry 3 Blood Dragon. Now it may not be a good deal anymore but when it started. FarCry only a month old, TR and BI only 2 months old, and Crysis 3 only 3 months old. If you actually brought it during April you would have got a even better deal that would have gotten you 7 free games: FarCry 3 Blood Dragon, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and FarCry 3. That is easily 40$ a game making it almost 300$ in saving just by buying a 500$ GPU. Not to throw one of your "not" reasons to be a PC gamer but the GPU would easily be able to handle all games even WatchDogs at max settings which not even the newest console will be able to do. So you wouldn't even need to upgrade to the newest console any time soon and fork over $400 or $500. That's why I'm a PC gamer I can get away with only spending a coupl hundred every couple of years and still be able to do whatever I want that consoles still have trouble doing without hacking.

badgenome said:
Yes, they are easily the worst. It is amazing how smug they are considering the fact that PC has no exclusives. Sorry, but I am just not interested in buying a $2000+ PC just to play a few games. Besides, I like the comfort of my sofa/TV.

aha, and thats the thread people :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

nope the cloud ones are

Around the Network

The claims of PC price are severely exaggerated - on both sides. Console players claim you need multiple thousands of dollars for a decent PC, which isn't remotely true. You don't need to spend much more than the cost of next-gen console to get a PC that can play games well enough.

However, PC enthusiasts claim you can build a better PC for the same cost of a console, which is absurd, and in any case they'd never be caught dead with the builds they reference for that. You probably need a little over $800 or 900 to build a quality(important!) PC comparable to PS4/XB1 (not including monitor/controls/etc) - comparable in REAL WORLD performance, not that 'on-paper' nonsense they always tout. Those builds may "look" like consoles but they will never perform like consoles.

Pemalite said:
Blood_Tears said:
Yes, I agree with the op. That's why I enjoy the fact that GTA V only released on PS3/360. With the shitty pc petition getting 450k sigs, i'm sure they'll get a pc version next year when everyone has already played it.

I've never been a GTA fan, but I still find it ironic how GTA IV has better graphics on PC than what GTA V has on consoles. :P
You can get some pretty stupid surreal graphics thanks to Ice Enhancer.
For example:

IMHO, it's almost a different game visually, which would help greatly with immersion.
Worth waiting a year or so for mods like that? Many seem to think so. :)

Anfebious said:
One shows a list of exclusive games coming for the PC. Is that list true? o_o

Yep, it's true.
But the PC has no games remember. :P

The list would look even more rediculous if you included total conversion mods. ;)
There are allot of indies in that list, but I personally wouldn't discredit an indie game, Minecraft being an example where some AAA games wish they could even have a fraction of those sales.

daredevil.shark said:
These loudmouth vocal minorities always want to force their opinion over others. Luckily game developers hears only the specific platform owners (for example, xbox 360 and ps3) who gives them "proper" revenue. No one cares about these type of people who claim to be "elitists".

Want to talk revenues do we?
Fine.

Also, do keep in mind, without the PC you wouldn't have the consoles how they are today.
The PC and PC Gamers essentially funded the development of the Graphics Processing Units found in the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, AMD and nVidia's entire business strategy was built around PC gamers, not console.
Your next next generation consoles will probably again, use PC technology built first for PC gamers with Billions in R&D.

Again. PC software sales market is blurred as the PC hardware sell. A pc which is purchased for office is sometimes is included as gaming hardware sale. This issue is debatle and this is why I have marked "revenue" as "proper".

IMO if console gaming didnt existed then gaming would be for rich (very rich) people and there would be no standards. Consoles gives the standard for the basis of hardware standardization.

Some of my observations:
1. Every pc elitists "indirectly" say, graphics makes a game "better".
2. Every pc gamers in the internet act as proud owner of gtx titan but steam hardware survey shows otherwise.
3. PC gaming group are most active playing retro games. Yet they never complain about poor graphics.

These are my view. If you disagree then its great. Please dont put your comment by quoting mine. Feel free to express your opinion elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

They really are, and they are mean too. I had a channel on youtube with 50 videos in it, some pc dude from Brazil decided to be my enemy and started to file complains about me, like 3, 4 a day. I was banned and lost all my cool videos.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Fanboys in general are the worst. PC elitists, SonyBorgs, Xbots, Nintendoodoos or whatever. Anyone that has a chip on their shoulder and needs to have a huge fight about anything and everything related to their favorite hobby is a freaking imbecile in my book.