By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251

1 guy made you think they are the worst?
Did you ever think the guy was just tired of Sony fans acting like the PS4 is some supercomputer light years ahead of PC?
People claim PC has no games. He had a list to counter that point. What is so wrong with that?
PCs are superior to console in every way. That's a fact, it doesn't take a fanboy to know that.
You want to see the worst fanboys go over to N4G and say something not positive about Sony, doesn't have to be negative just not positive. The fanboys will mark all your comments as spam to get you banned. Those are the worst. They don't even think you should be allowed to breath if you are not 100% proSony in every post.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Kasz216 said:

So it's where most of the most enthusiastic gamers end up... as you are limited less by the hardware.

I totally disagree. You can't tell me that enthusiastic gamers end up in PC because they're less limited by the hardware, since they would be limiting themselves in software, which is what a gamer want.

How do you come to that conclusion? Fact of the matter is, the PC isn't limited to gaming, it has entire genre's of games that are pretty much completely absent on the consoles, heck the PC has more games than all the current generation consoles combined.
Decades large game library does that to a platform.

Games isn't exactly what the PC lacks.

The only good reason for having a preferance for consoles, that I have actually heard (Funnily enough, from someone else on these forums) is that they like the console controller and when they used the controller in Multi-player on PC, they were literally dominated by "Mousers". - Which is fair enough and a good excuse to stick to console gaming.

Of course, you have personal preferences that attracts a particular person to a platform like exclusives such as Uncharted. - Which personally I found to be a chore as it's full of quick time events, but I can see the attraction some would have to it.
Same goes for Halo, which from a gameplay perspective is bland, but I love some space opera storyline in the morning and the game delivers with that in spades.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

How do you come to that conclusion? Fact of the matter is, the PC isn't limited to gaming, it has entire genre's of games that are pretty much completely absent on the consoles, heck the PC has more games than all the current generation consoles combined.
Decades large game library does that to a platform.

Games isn't exactly what the PC lacks.

The only good reason for having a preferance for consoles, that I have actually heard (Funnily enough, from someone else on these forums) is that they like the console controller and when they used the controller in Multi-player on PC, they were literally dominated by "Mousers". - Which is fair enough and a good excuse to stick to console gaming.

Of course, you have personal preferences that attracts a particular person to a platform like exclusives such as Uncharted. - Which personally I found to be a chore as it's full of quick time events, but I can see the attraction some would have to it.
Same goes for Halo, which from a gameplay perspective is bland, but I love some space opera storyline in the morning and the game delivers with that in spades.

What about Nintendo games? Are they not also your cup of tea?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

What about Nintendo games? Are they not also your cup of tea?

I can't really say much about Nintendo because the last Nintendo device I owned/played was a Nintendo 64. :P
Though, I loved Lylat Wars and Pefect Dark, my tastes started to change at that time towards PC games exclusively.

Heck, the Playstation 3 was the first Sony device I ever owned and it's pretty much been used only as a Blu-ray player and for streaming transcoded video from my PC, same goes for the Xbox 360, minus the yearly Halo and Fable of course.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Tough call...

PS3 elitist were pretty awful.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

They are pretty annoying. So maybe they are.

CGI-Quality said:
Good question. Now, define PC Elitist.

By PC elitist I'm refering to PC fanboys or generally people who game on PC and feel like they are part of some elit group. I'm not trying to generalize, just asking what is your opinion about that part of the gaming community!

To make it clear I don't think PC gamers are all like that. Just a bunch of them, the same applies to consoles too xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
CGI-Quality said:
Good question. Now, define PC Elitist.

By PC elitist I'm refering to PC fanboys or generally people who game on PC and feel like they are part of some elit group. I'm not trying to generalize, just asking what is your opinion about that part of the gaming community!

Just the fact that they call themselves the PC Master Race is more than enough to illustrate how superior they feel. 

There should be an other option...

Fanboyism of any type, with the usual behaviour that comes with it (elitism, denial, spin, trolling, bashing, FUD spreading, etc...) are bad no matter what system they favour.

I'd say they are, only because PC gaming seems to attract that obnoxious type of internet goer than console people.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.