By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PC elitist the worst?

Tagged games:

Are PC elitist the worst?

The worst of the worst! 110 43.82%

Nah, Nintendo ones are worse!! 23 9.16%

Nope, those Sonytes are far worse! 55 21.91%

Microsoft fanboys take the cake! 41 16.33%

Valve fanboys! 8 3.19%

Sega fanboys? 14 5.58%

Total:251

Consoles have fanboys PC has...elitists.

Around the Network
pezus said:
MDMAlliance said:
pezus said:

Just as annoying as any elitist/fanboy. I can remember some pretty bad ones in real-life, but they are generally decent people if you try to avoid mentioning console gaming to them. Then there are the ones who play MOBA's and shit all over you if you make a single mistake. They are bad.

But console elitists are also very annoying, especially when they use ignorant arguments like "PC has no exclusives", "you need a $2000+ PC to PC game" and the classic: "I don't PC game because I like the comfort of my sofa/TV". Maybe some of those people aren't really elitists, just uninformed gamers living in blissful ignorance.

The ones I know in real life may not be horrible people, but their attitude does transfer to other debates as well.  Can't talk politics with them because they also have a pre-set mind about that.  Of course, these are just the ones I know.  Which obviously constitutes of about only 7 or 8 people (so far).  Online I know probably 5 or 6.  So the group I know is barely representative.  However, it's much easier to talk to fans of any other console (that I know) because they tend not to try to shit on everything and actually listen to what you say (gaming or non-gaming stuff).  I'd like to meet a PC gamer (in person) who I can actually talk to.

I'm sure you've talked to quite a few . Gamers don't always advertise themselves and their preferences.

I haven't met a lot of Xbox/Nintendo fanboys in real life so I can't comment on their behavior but if they are anything like some of their online counterparts, I doubt they are any better. Can almost say the same about Sony fanboys, because most people here are simply Playstation fans and not fanboys per se (at least they don't come off as such), due to Playstation's absolute domination. The Playstation fans just live together peacefully, where Playstation domination is the norm and not a big deal for them really.

Hmmm, if you are saying PC elitists, I know who they are for the most part.  PC gamers in general, I'm sure there are more.  I mean, in a sense I am PC gamer as well since I play games on the PC.  Or, well, I mean gamers who primarily game (or exclusively) on the PC.  There's a big difference in attitude in what I've seen.  I actually don't really know any Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo fanboys in real life (that I've talked to and know about).  But, the fact that it's so easy to find the PC ones is odd to me.  I really only find the fanboys of the big three here.

The best PC elitist I've talked to at least recognized some of the points I made, while most of them ignore them completely.  The thing is is that my experience is that you can't have a normal discussion with them.  If it isn't something they can debate with you, they say  "I don't care" or something really rude.  Someone I know who plays Nintendo mostly is willing to talk, at least.  

Of course I'm sure that the experiences others have are different, but I wish I didn't have to deal with these kinds of people.  It'd be better if they were more uniform of a group.

edit: I just noticed when I said "here" it sounded like I was saying vgchartz.  I meant online.

PC building is a very obsessive hobby revolving around whose PC gives the best benchmarks so yeah you're going to get a lot obsessive nutcases from this crowd looking down on console owners.

But you get fanboys of consoles/franchises/soccer players as well. Any form of fanboyism is just poison.

Eh, it's really just more about looking at what a PC is.

PC's offer a multitude of advantages, and it's big disadvantages usually boil down to a matter of effort, money or specific exclusives. (Which are negatives in every systems category, PC actually having entire exclusive genres more or less.)

A game like Skyrim for example, is dozen times better on PC then it is on console (Even without the bugs) due to the fan made mods for example.

In a way, the difference between PC and Console is similar to the difference between Consoles and Handheld.

PC elitists may be worse, largely because to put it in a blunt, PC's are elite in a way.  

At some point with consoles you'll hit a wall you can pass on PC if your really dedicated and willing to spend money/ like a wide variety of games.  So it's where most of the most enthusiastic gamers end up... as you are limited less by the hardware.

I mean, where else can you see people build giant ass entire new games out of things like Skyrim if they want to?  You can just do so much more with gaming on PC, and expiernce so much more stuff, and if you want to have a console box like expierence.

Kasz216 said:

Eh, it's really just more about looking at what a PC is.

PC's offer a multitude of advantages, and it's big disadvantages usually boil down to a matter of effort, money or specific exclusives. (Which are negatives in every systems category, PC actually having entire exclusive genres more or less.)

A game like Skyrim for example, is dozen times better on PC then it is on console (Even without the bugs) due to the fan made mods for example.

In a way, the difference between PC and Console is similar to the difference between Consoles and Handheld.

PC elitists may be worse, largely because to put it in a blunt, PC's are elite.   At some point with consoles you'll hit a wall you can pass on PC if your really dedicated and willing to spend money/ like a wide variety of games.  So it's where most of the most enthusiastic gamers end up.

Well that is  true, on PC you can get the optimal experience when it comes tu multiplatform. My main problem are exclusives... I don't know to many and the few I know, I really dislike them...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

So it's where most of the most enthusiastic gamers end up... as you are limited less by the hardware.

I totally disagree. You can't tell me that enthusiastic gamers end up in PC because they're less limited by the hardware, since they would be limiting themselves in software, which is what a gamer want.

Wright said:
Kasz216 said:

So it's where most of the most enthusiastic gamers end up... as you are limited less by the hardware.

I totally disagree. You can't tell me that enthusiastic gamers end up in PC because they're less limited by the hardware, since they would be limiting themselves in software, which is what a gamer want.

Except they wouldn't be... as PC actually has tons of exclusive games in a wide variety of genres, some of which don't even really exist on consoles.  RTS, MOBA and TBS for example are practically nonexistant on consoles.  PC is missing certain franchises.  Consoles missing certain genres.  Which is really more limiting?

Not to mention you know... Console gamers miss out on a lot of PC exclusives... and console owners also miss out on other console owners exclusives.

Missing out on  great exclusives happens regardless of platform.

The "hardcore" gamers in general are the worst. They honestly think their opinionsare better than others. These people exist on every platform. 

Just like with everything they are the vocal minority. Most gaming enthusiast don't care to shower others with their gaming smugness but simply want to play games and be entertained. 

These are video games after all. They rank pretty low in real life's important topics. 

Munkeh111 said:
Dgc1808 said:

They're terrible. I don't know about the worst but they are annoying. I have one in a group skype chat I frequent and I honestly just don't bother bringing up anything console related when that guy is around (well, non-Nintendo console related, anyway). Which sucks because he's in there more often than anyone else. Sometimes i'm just dying to tell him off like any other Nintendo/PC fanboy but I'm a nice guy. Really tired of hearing the word "peasent", though.

EDITED.

I'm fairly convinced that that is only ever used sarcastically with refernce to Yahtzee's joke

The sarcasm loses it's touch after the 50th time.

4 ≈ One

Anfebious said:

Well that is  true, on PC you can get the optimal experience when it comes tu multiplatform. My main problem are exclusives... I don't know to many and the few I know, I really dislike them...

Which is fine, I'm just explaining why PC fans may come off that way.  PC's really offer a lot of things you can't do on consoles.  Be it wholey different expiernces that don't work on consoles, the ability to make and play unofficial sequels and additions to the games you love most, or just tinker and pour money into your machine so it makes things shinier.

It's really on a different "level" of evalutation so to speak, compaired to consoles who only can speak of exclusives and graphics differences.

Like for example, go find a PC game that doesn't have easy modding or prevents modding and that game will get the crap beat out of it by the same PC elitists who don't like consoles.

Or if it doesn't let you save wherever you want, or tons of stuff PC gamers are just used to.   They're generally spoiled by PC's maleability both it's hardware and software.  The Rigidness of consoles can feel constraining.