By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls reviews are up.. 73 on metacritic

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
They gave Heavy rain 87.

so I guess you could expect an average of mid 70's overall based on that very unscientific stab in the dark.

Yeah,yeah i know but the problem with me is that i expect big scores like the ones for TLOU or Uc2 from every game that i like. :(

Around the Network
sub-zero-TM said:
kowenicki said:
They gave Heavy rain 87.

so I guess you could expect an average of mid 70's overall based on that very unscientific stab in the dark.

Yeah,yeah i know but the problem with me is that i expect big scores like the ones for TLOU or Uc2 from every game that i like. :(

Don't worry. BEYOND isn't only aimed to us gamers.

It was selected to appear at the Tribeca Film Festival for a reason.

As much as game reviewers might whine about "where is the actual game", this is the best type of game to play with family around you. Well, that's what I do anyways.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
I wouldn't worry too much. Games like this have reviewers who slam it hard because it doesn't play anything like your traditional video game. Seems this time Pelit didn't like it because it was more interactive movie and less game, although Heavy Rain was a lot of interactive movie.

Did both games have different reviewers from Pelit?

Anyways, if you were a fan of Heavy Rain I am sure you will love the way BEYOND plays. Me? I found the demo to be fantastic.

I hope you are right! for example Heavy rain has 5 mixed reviews and 3 negative ones on metacritic. 

Of course,i loved it i'm a big fan of Heavy Rain!

Never heard of them. Are they even big? Also, by the translated excerpt (because thats all i have to go off of) it sounds like they didnt know what it was going toplay like

Max King of the Wild said:
Never heard of them. Are they even big? Also, by the translated excerpt (because thats all i have to go off of) it sounds like they didnt know what it was going toplay like

They are a metacritic approved magazine. They also gave Heavy Rain a 93, so until we know whether the game was reviewed by someone else or read the rest of the review we won't really know.

Does sound like the reviewer didn't expect as much interactive movie as they got though and docked it for that. From what I played in the demo it has just as much if not more gameplay than Heavy Rain. The entire escape portion of the demo was incredible

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
They gave Heavy rain 87.

Pelit gave Heavy Rain a 93.

Could be different reviewers though. Games like this can be very divisive.

Yeah, you're right... I had them the wrong way around.

In which case you'd expect an average below 70, but I seriously doubt that.    Although I do imagine that Mr De Grutolla is surrounded by people who hang on his every word and rarely say no to him.

Haha, you completely threw me for a loop with the De Grutolla. So THAT'S his real last name!

I also wonder if the game will get reviewed by people outside of journalism.

Anyways, when all is said and done I expect the game to review in the high 70s, which is better than most movies get.

Currently playing:

Finland? The last time I trusted a review from Finland, I wound up arrested for treason. I'll take my chances with the game, thank you very much.

attaboy said:
Finland? The last time I trusted a review from Finland, I wound up arrested for treason. I'll take my chances with the game, thank you very much.

Hahahaha. xD

Why put any stock in reviews at all? I love games that have metacritics in the green and in the red. Im not going to let anyone tell me what i do or dont like. Im buying beyond because im interested in it not because someone else is or isnt. I dont like halo at all but just because i dont like doesnt mean its trash and i respect its popularity along with other popular games that i dont like. Play the demo, watch some trailers and form your own opinions dont wait for metacritic to tell you whether you want it or not. Sorry about the rant i just wished people as much effort into forming their own opinion as they do refreshing metacritic.

WolfmanSJ said:
Why put any stock in reviews at all? I love games that have metacritics in the green and in the red. Im not going to let anyone tell me what i do or dont like. Im buying beyond because im interested in it not because someone else is or isnt. I dont like halo at all but just because i dont like doesnt mean its trash and i respect its popularity along with other popular games that i dont like. Play the demo, watch some trailers and form your own opinions dont wait for metacritic to tell you whether you want it or not. Sorry about the rant i just wished people as much effort into forming their own opinion as they do refreshing metacritic.

You and me both, Wolf-brother.  I've never finished the original Bioshock despite buying it on day one.  I was bored out of my mind.  Meanwhile, for example, I've finished Red Ninja on PS2 and Bulletwitch multiple times despite their abysmal scores.  I like what I like.