By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW UP! USA SW UP! 28th September 2013

athan1975 said:
do u guys think that there will be a price drop in ps3 and xbox360 after the new consoles come out. especially ps3 will be too close with ps4 both models with 500gb will only have $100.00 difference in the USA. if it happens that will really boost ps3 sales in the US because not that many ppl have it here compare it with the xbox and they have a great exclusive library build up.

PS3 just got a price drop here in the states, its now $199 for 12gb and $269 for 500gb and GTA5

360 on the other hand is long overdue for a price cut, I think the wil wait until next year tho for an official one. There wil be plenty of retailer cut during the holidays. When they do finally cut the price I think it will be, $149 for 4gb, $199 for 250gb and add $50 for the Kinect bundles

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) beat it predecessor in only two week and becomes the 6th 10MILLIONSELLER on PS3.

EPIC.

GTA V got a huge drop .. and to see Minecraft got 9k in this week, and Wind waker is in the next week better placeed, just behind GTA and FIFA, I guess it will do very well. But I hope this will count for the hw, too.

Scisca said:
happydolphin said:
The thing you're missing sight of is that holidays and mario go hand in hand, it's not one or the other. Proof is the cube went not too far during the holidays either. So what Mario's become via Mario Kart and NSMB's late success is something that goes hand in hand with the holidays. If the holidays never existed, maybe those games would never do so well, and maybe the holidays wouldn't affect Nintendo's success so much if those games didn't exist. So it's not one or the other, but a product of both factors working in tandem.

As for where the U will be while the twins get their marketting storm? It will be exactly where it always has been, as an alternative to the HD twins. People have and always will want Mario. They simply can't find that on the twins. That alone makes the U a commodity.

Why do you assume I'm missing it? I sure am not and you can read it in my posts. I'm just saying that Christmas will have a bigger impact than these games (as in - 75% of the boost due to Christmas, 25% of the boost due to games). - Do you think it's going to be other way round? If so - please argue why. - I know they both work together, but the Christmas boost is going to be pulling most of the load allowing these new games to sell big time, not the other way round. It was the same way round with Vita. ACIII:L was released last Christmas and it sold 750k, it is the third best selling game on Vita. On the other hand Killzone: Mercenary, which is a much better game, was released in September and sits at a humiliating 70k (though I hope NPD will correct this... cause it just can't be correct). I'm sure it would sell much more had it been release in the midst of a Christmas frenzy. Maybe there still is hope for this game and it'll start moving this November? It sure needs legs.

Yeah, it will be where it has always been - in a cold grave, cause it sure won't get any more shelf space and that is the problem. So far it isn't an alternative to anything. Vita is more of an alternative to 3DS than Wii U is to PS360 or PS4One. People always wanted Mario and still GCN happened. Nothing is guaranteed in this business, even though I'm certain that Wii U will start selling a bit better than GCN, I can't see it a runaway success and it will need something more than this 3D Mario to become relevant again. So I repeat - it needs Mario Kart to start selling better than GCN, thankfully it's gonna get it soon.

@bold. You're just saying that because of NSMBU's limited success so far. If you remember, the GCN also had double-dash.

@underlined. At dedicated retailers yes, you are right, but not at big retailers like Target, Walmart and Best Buy, where Nintendo always makes the most sales anyways.

As for Vita being more of an alternative, I think it's still much too early to tell. It's true that NSMB has had a bit of series fatigue, so Mario Kart will help the U make a "U turn" so to speak (forgive the pun(s)), that and 3D Mario, Smash and many other great games coming for it. I think your opinion here is extremely premature, and if the Wii is any indicator, recently there has been a hunger for Nintendo-made games, and I don't see why that would go away any time soon...

@italics. The best example I could give you is NSMB DS, which launched alongside a DS redesign and helped propel the redesign to the stars. Again a case of paired work. NSMB DS did not release during the holidays, but in May in US/JP. In Japan alone it sold 1m in its first week.

Wind Waker did 30k!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I am surprised how close Fifa14 on 360 is in Europe compared to the PS3 version.

Anfebious said:
Wind Waker did 30k!

Only in Japan so far. We will have to wait till next week for numbers of US and EU.

Shortiloe said:
Anfebious said:
Wind Waker did 30k!

Only in Japan so far. We will have to wait till next week for numbers of US and EU.

Oh so this is only Japan? Even better! I thought it was the US and europe week xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Shortiloe said:
Anfebious said:
Wind Waker did 30k!

Sales should be (For First Week) US>>>Europe>Japan. also LoZ been out in US for 2 weeks prior of retail release. Its the 2nd highest selling eShop Game in the US currently (So it might have a good small chunk of sales toward digital, especially considering people might not want to wait for it!). Also to note however its a bundle with digital sales so yeah. We have to wait for NPD #s to get a look on TOTAL Sales

Considering the Holidays are coming and GTA 5 has already sold 20 million copies in two weeks.

Looks like it will sell nearly 30 million by year end. 3

Most Impressive....

Most