By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW UP! USA SW UP! 28th September 2013

Scisca said:
benji232 said:

A) Yes, it had 1 week of 220k and the rest of the holiday weeks were between 75k-140k, so before saying that im pulling numbers out of my ass, please check the charts for yourself. Then again, this is perhaps a bit too much to ask. 

B) Apart from that, the upcoming games are good, but don't look like real system sellers.   Ok, so you're saying none of the games are system sellers.

Nobody has ever bought a console for Sonic ;) 3D Mario is ok, but this one is controversial and 3D Mario is always less important than 2D Mario, which as we all know didn't do that much so far. Your pretty much saying that these games are all as big as pikmin 3 which is laughable (Pikmin 3 being a niche game and mario being one of the most iconic franchises of gaming).

All in all these games alone wouldn't have a much bigger impact than Pikmin 3 had (one for one, not 3 for one ;) ). So again, you're saying that 3D world is as big as pikmin 3 (laughable) and sonic (this one is a wild card). You also failed to mention wii fit U, wii party U and wind waker HD.

Then you concluded by saying that the holiday season would be the one pushing hardware sales and software sales, not the software itself. The logic is very flawed, mario 3d world will receive a big boost because it is mario 3d world, if it were for example pikmin 3, it wouldn't get big holiday sales. Same thing with the hardware.

A) Have you really seen the chart or are you just bluffing? Cause I have and what you are saying is still wrong. It had another week at over 190k and never fell to 75k. The lowest if fell to was almost 140k. The lowest Christmas week. That is good.

B) Better! Much better! I'm proud. So as you see - I believe not a single of these games is a system seller and that all they would do is what Pikmin 3 did. A small, short-timed boost. And yes, even though Mario 3D is Mario and will sell decent numbers, I question its ability to move hardware in significant numbers. It would do better than Pikmin 3, but nothing spectacular. Don't forget that Pikmin 3 was covered in hype from long before the release of Wii U, while this 3D Mario is controversial and quite a bit of a let-down so far compared to the Galaxy games. So yes, I'm going to repeat it. The boost we're going to see will mostly come due to the Christmas season. Games will play the role of the sidekick and Christmas boost will help SW sales more than SW will help HW sales.

A) Ok, so let's see: 

Nov 10th: 72k

Nov 17th:114k

Nov 24th:221k

Dec 1st:117k

Dec 8th:140k

Dec 15th:159k

Dec 22nd:193k

Dec 29th:140k

Divide all that by 8 equals a grand 144k which is what I pretty much said it was averaging. You said the lowest it fell was 140k, but im seeing 72k, 117k, 114k. Unless you think that the holiday season is only december? November doesn't count for the vita?

B) Il stop arguing there... It is pointless, you have your opinion and I have mine. So, I will leave it at that.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Scisca said:

Bold - for a system averaging 25-30k before? Yeah. It incread by 4-5 times only thanks to Christmas, that's a lot and it was doing good. Also the point Zero999 was trying to make abusing the Vita was just false.

Underlined - now where the hell did I say that? You need to get your eyes or reading skills checked, cause I've admitted the opposite in my post.

that's very little for a video gaming system, especially a young one. what it was selling before doesn't matter.

This is just your opinion. 140-220k a week is good in my opinion and is a very big boost, which proves your argument was totally invalid.

Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
Zero999 said:

lol at the bolded. 3d mario less important than 2d mario? 3d world controversial? not after the last video. 3d mario and donkey kong wouldn't have a much bigger impact than pikmin 3? stoped reading.

Well sorry to bring this to you. Compare the sales of 2D and 3D Mario. I haven't seen this "last video", I'm sure not everyone who got a bad impression of the first presentations has seen it - it's not that easy to repair something you broke, MS knows something about it. And no, they wouldn't have. Especially DK. It would be a very short lived spike. A one-time bump, just like after Pikmin 3. These are not the types of games that could turn the fate of the console.

this isn't about sales, you said it yourself that it was importance. 3d mario sells systems while 2d mario sells software. and even when we look at sales, 3d land is ahead of nsmb2 and even mario kart so that's obviously a popular format for a mario game.

repair what? the E3 trailer was great and the last one convinced even the naysayers. nothing to repair.

and keep believing big games like mario and donkey kong wouldn't have a lasting impact on sales.

People only started saying that 2D Mario doesn't sell HW the moment it failed to sell Wii U. 2D Mario is more important than 3D Mario. 3D Land is ahead probably cause it's better (imho), it's been available for longer, NSMB 2 is a direct sequel (duh!) and there is a bloody saturation of 2D Marios at this point. I'm not saying 3D Mario isn't popular (I like it much more), but it's a fact that 2D is the dominant one. No idea why.

I easily remember most people being greatly disappointed by the E3 trailer - me included. We wanted an epic Galaxy type of game in glorious HD. Instead we got a 4 player coop 3D Mario. Meh. Maybe the new trailer fixes it, haven't seen them so can't tell.

I really believe Wii U is in such a deep ditch, that it needs something more than these games. And especially if you consider that these games are being released in the middle of the sh!tstorm that PS4 nad XO are gonna start any day now. Without Christmas they wouldn't be able to give a solid, longlasting increase in HW. And remember - we are talking about Wii U hitting sales on a level of 200-250k a week or even more for over a month of time. Do you really believe these games alone could take it there? Or even remotely close to that level? Cause I don't. Christmas time will be a much more important factor than these games - all I'm saying.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

benji232 said:
Scisca said:
benji232 said:

A) Yes, it had 1 week of 220k and the rest of the holiday weeks were between 75k-140k, so before saying that im pulling numbers out of my ass, please check the charts for yourself. Then again, this is perhaps a bit too much to ask. 

B) Apart from that, the upcoming games are good, but don't look like real system sellers.   Ok, so you're saying none of the games are system sellers.

Nobody has ever bought a console for Sonic ;) 3D Mario is ok, but this one is controversial and 3D Mario is always less important than 2D Mario, which as we all know didn't do that much so far. Your pretty much saying that these games are all as big as pikmin 3 which is laughable (Pikmin 3 being a niche game and mario being one of the most iconic franchises of gaming).

All in all these games alone wouldn't have a much bigger impact than Pikmin 3 had (one for one, not 3 for one ;) ). So again, you're saying that 3D world is as big as pikmin 3 (laughable) and sonic (this one is a wild card). You also failed to mention wii fit U, wii party U and wind waker HD.

Then you concluded by saying that the holiday season would be the one pushing hardware sales and software sales, not the software itself. The logic is very flawed, mario 3d world will receive a big boost because it is mario 3d world, if it were for example pikmin 3, it wouldn't get big holiday sales. Same thing with the hardware.

A) Have you really seen the chart or are you just bluffing? Cause I have and what you are saying is still wrong. It had another week at over 190k and never fell to 75k. The lowest if fell to was almost 140k. The lowest Christmas week. That is good.

B) Better! Much better! I'm proud. So as you see - I believe not a single of these games is a system seller and that all they would do is what Pikmin 3 did. A small, short-timed boost. And yes, even though Mario 3D is Mario and will sell decent numbers, I question its ability to move hardware in significant numbers. It would do better than Pikmin 3, but nothing spectacular. Don't forget that Pikmin 3 was covered in hype from long before the release of Wii U, while this 3D Mario is controversial and quite a bit of a let-down so far compared to the Galaxy games. So yes, I'm going to repeat it. The boost we're going to see will mostly come due to the Christmas season. Games will play the role of the sidekick and Christmas boost will help SW sales more than SW will help HW sales.

A) Ok, so let's see: 

Divide all that by 8 equals a grand 144k which is what I pretty much said it was averaging. You said the lowest it fell was 140k, but im seeing 72k, 117k, 114k. Unless you think that the holiday season is only december? November doesn't count for the vita?

B) Il stop arguing there... It is pointless, you have your opinion and I have mine. So, I will leave it at that.

A) You take Nov. 10th as the first week which is clearly abusing it, since if you take a look at the charts for other platforms you'll see this is not when the Christmas effect starts. The Vita chart looks exactly like the PS3 chart - it raises and falls the same weeks and Nov. 10 was actually a decrease from the previous week for both consoles, which proves you are wrong including this week. If you analise the chart you can easily see the first week of the Christmas increase is Nov. 17.

B) The difference is I know what I've said. And as I've said in the other post - do you seriously believe Wii U would suddenly reach HW sales on a 250k a week level for over a month (which I take for granted it will) with these games alone? I think it wouldn't be remotely close. The increase would be smaller and for a much shorter period of time. The increase due to Christmas is going to be much bigger than the increase due to these games. It will be the more important factor. Not only one, but easily the more important one.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
benji232 said:
Scisca said:
benji232 said:

A) Ok, so let's see: 

A) You take Nov. 10th as the first week which is clearly abusing it, since if you take a look at the charts for other platforms you'll see this is not when the Christmas effect starts. The Vita chart looks exactly like the PS3 chart - it raises and falls the same weeks and Nov. 10 was actually a decrease from the previous week for both consoles, which proves you are wrong including this week. If you analise the chart you can easily see the first week of the Christmas increase is Nov. 17.

B) The difference is I know what I've said. And as I've said in the other post - do you seriously believe Wii U would suddenly reach HW sales on a 250k a week level for over a month (which I take for granted it will) with these games alone? I think it wouldn't be remotely close. The increase would be smaller and for a much shorter period of time. The increase due to Christmas is going to be much bigger than the increase due to these games. It will be the more important factor. Not only one, but easily the more important one.

Again, let's take a look at these charts. On week of Nov.10th.

PS3: 327k (So, you're telling me 327k is a regular week for PS3 since there is no christmas boost?)

Xbox360: 401k (Now granted, it had Halo 4, but still.)

3DS: 387k (Again, I doubt this is a regular 3ds week)

Wii: 97k (Again, same thing)

Even the VITA itself had the christmas effect on Nov.10th with 72k units sold, because it was averaging around 35k all year long.

The reason I took Nov.10th is because there IS the holiday boost on that week, you just want to ignore a very mediocre holiday week for the vita? That's not how it works my good sir. You can't cherrypick a week. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

pezus said:
When the fuck are we going to get the global software?

They really need to start speeding this process up.

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
pezus said:

last week they did it fast (was up before weekend!)

tbone51 said:

True.  It's just so inconsistent.  We've had weeks where we get global up by Friday and then weeks like this where it's heading towards Tuesday and we've only had one region =/

that ps3 domination despite fifa 360 bundle & heavy advertising

tbone51 said:
TrevDaRev said:
pezus said:

They're consistently inconsistent.

Anfebious said:
The Wii U did... 40k! *tears*.

10mLTD is now a possibility.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile