By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 Sells Out Faster than Hotcakes at All Major Japanese Retailers; In Most Cases Within Minutes

I wonder what games are the Japanese going to play on their PS4. Knack? Killzone? The launch line-up doesn't look too good for japanese audiences.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
I wonder what games are the Japanese going to play on their PS4. Knack? Killzone? The launch line-up doesn't look too good for japanese audiences.

Knack and yakuza would be my bet. With MGS5 coming the same year

Anfebious said:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends as well as what others posted, it's also an launch title.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

CGI-Quality said:
Anfebious said:

Yakuza-Ishin.

Is it a launch title in Japan? Then that would quite explain it xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
CGI-Quality said:
Anfebious said:

Yakuza-Ishin.

Is it a launch title in Japan? Then that would quite explain it xD.

As posted by Joystiq:

The full launch day line-up is after the break.

• Assassin's Creed 4
  • Battlefield 4
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage
  • Driveclub
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
  • FIFA 14
  • Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn beta
  • Hohokum
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • Natural Doctrine
  • Puzzle 4 Sudoku
  • Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
  • Resogun
  • Strider
  • Watch Dogs
  • Yakuza: Restoration

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Seeing that there is no real home console rival in Japan for the PS4, it might actually do better than the PS3. Even so, Im expecting the PS3 to reach 11 million in Japan, so 13-15 million LT is not out of the question.

Never the less, Im not expecting console gaming to grow in that country.

About a year ago I expected the WiiU to run away with it in Japan and gain support from all big to medium japanese centric devs/ips. That didn't really happen (yet?), but still the WiiU should be a strong contender in Nippon and actually I don't see much Sony can do to "win" or even improve their market share in Japan with the PS4.

Well i have to say that the Yakuza game they are getting at launch is the only interesting title i have seen announced for the PS4 and X1. I can understand the excitement.

Of course, we in the west cant share on that because SEGA sucks.

Lafiel said:
hunter_alien said:
Seeing that there is no real home console rival in Japan for the PS4, it might actually do better than the PS3. Even so, Im expecting the PS3 to reach 11 million in Japan, so 13-15 million LT is not out of the question.

Never the less, Im not expecting console gaming to grow in that country.

About a year ago I expected the WiiU to run away with it in Japan and gain support from all big to medium japanese centric devs/ips. That didn't really happen (yet?), but still the WiiU should be a strong contender in Nippon and actually I don't see much Sony can do to "win" or even improve their market share in Japan with the PS4.

True, but the fact that most major 3rd party Japanese IPs will most deffinitly appear on the PS4 and not the WiiU (FFXV, KH3, next RE, MGS5 etc.) will make it certain that the PS4 will catch up, overtake and eventually lead in Japan. And lets be honest, the WiiUs lead will be minimal to almost nothing untill February. It might not even make it to 2 million by then...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

If DS4 is good enough for PS4 to get Cave shmups this gen, Xbox won't even ghet the million in Japan.

1.5 millions preorders(ww) before the holidays confirmed ?

iamdeath said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Not surprised at all lol

YEs because I was the one who came here clearly looking to put a damper on anytihng playstation and be a debbie downer.. you will be perma before me..

Well...I do have two bans under my belt.