By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 Sells Out Faster than Hotcakes at All Major Japanese Retailers; In Most Cases Within Minutes

Seeing that there is no real home console rival in Japan for the PS4, it might actually do better than the PS3. Even so, Im expecting the PS3 to reach 11 million in Japan, so 13-15 million LT is not out of the question.

Never the less, Im not expecting console gaming to grow in that country.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I'm guessing 100k first shipment? or is that way to small?

But on the software side, we have like one and only one japanese title: Yakuza Ishin.
So i'm pretty concerned about how PS4 will sell through the year.. and mostly why did japanese pre-order it ? just for the console itself ?

I'm a little surprised by this too. But I guess PS4 is going to have a much more sensible launch price in Japan than PS3 had; and PS3 has been the go-to console for the last couple of years in Japan.

It's just, there's so little for launch =/. Yakuza Ishin; Natural Doctrine etc. are all coming to other consoles as well, and I'd have thought that Watch Dogs and all the western games would do all their legwork on PS3.

Farsala said:
How does this compare with other consoles in japan? (PS1, PS2, PS3, wii, wii u, etc.)

PS3 debuted in japan with 86k 1st week

Wii U debuted in japan with 306k

I dont think PS4 will sell more than Wii U 1st week but it will definitely sell more than PS3

PS4 is going to do somewhere between 150-250k 1st week. I personally think it will do like 230k

Around the Network

Looks like scalpers are already on the move : PS4 for 69'000 yens on amazon.jp

Anyway, 40 minutes is freakin' fast. I really wonder how many systems that makes.

gooch_destroyer said:
Not surprised at all lol

YEs because I was the one who came here clearly looking to put a damper on anytihng playstation and be a debbie downer.. you will be perma before me..

ListerOfSmeg said:
happydolphin said:
iamdeath said:
happydolphin said:
I'm quite surprised by this.

The PS3 sold 9.5m lifetime so far in Japan, and comparing to handhelds (DS/GB sold 33m) it's weak, also much less than the PS2 @ 23m. Where is the excitement coming from, is it just front-loaded and what games are these early buyers interested in playing, with PS3 software sales being generally low in the region how is the PS4 going to enjoy sales itself?

I'm confused.

What is your point??? PS4 will be fine in japan just like ps3 was...Handhelds are bigger in japan, doesnt mean there is no place for consoles.

Can you just calm the fuck down? holy shit 3 question marks, it's needed? ffs

You can't say anything negative about Sony without you getting all up and ansy. Here, here's some positive for sony, go read it and chill the fuck out. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169750&page=1

If only a good portion of Sony fans would follow his example

Your post makes zero sense.....Why did you come to a sony thread then? To take a swing at sony fans? Great example eh?

That is great news indeed! Japan needs at least one strong console and we all know that won't be WiiU or X1 :). I am still afraid that the new generation will be heavily frontloaded in most countries.

SnowPrince said:
But on the software side, we have like one and only one japanese title: Yakuza Ishin.
So i'm pretty concerned about how PS4 will sell through the year.. and mostly why did japanese pre-order it ? just for the console itself ?

there was an interview with some sony execs that stated there was over 100 games by japanese developers @ the TGS Tokyo Indie Underground talk EVENT OR AFTERWARD IM NOT SURE BUT THERE IS QUITE A FEW GAMES IN DEVELOPMENT FOR BOTH THE PSVITA AND PS4.

That may have something to do with it.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.