By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

From my point of view, WII U is a bad investment.. not bright future, last gen graphics.. why to, if you got PS3 or XBOX ? To have recycled Wii games ? Of course, X1 or PS4 are the best investments for the future of console gaming. WII U only, if the price is right.. so 150 eur for the biggest package with 2 or 3 games and 2 controllers.

The more I read the "console flamewars", the more i love my dreamcast :D

Proud owner of: Dreamcast, PSP, PSOne, PS2Slim, Xbox, Xbox360, Nintendo DSLite, GB color, GB Advanced, Nintendo Wii

Around the Network

Not planning on buying Ps4 or XboxOne until price drops and they get a  better (bigger) gaming library. I may get one of them, but not soon. Until now, I´ll get their best games for PC

For me it doesn´t make sense buying a new expensive console just for graphics. Better graphics not always match better gameplay

Until then, WiiU and PC are enough to fill my gaming needs. For playing alone with next-gen graphics - PC. For having fun and game parties with friends and family - WiiU

Not a bad spin, but you know it's not happening lol

The Wii U doesn't have much going for it, and clearly Nintendo fans agree, because nobody is buying the system.

Badassbab said:
My personal advice is quit console gaming and migrate to PC. It's what I've done over the past few years and it's definitely been worth it. Better graphics and performance by miles and you can use 360 controller for most third party games or map it using X-padder and also hook it up to your sound system and TV. This is the first gen I can think of where PC is already well ahead before the next gen is even out so consoles are really going to fall way behind this gen quickly. Games are a lot cheaper too.

Agreed completely. Everything is so much easier on PC right now. The vast majority of the big AAA titles are on it, you can make different setups, games are way cheaper and we always can get those excellent Steam promotions/sales. PC is the way to go for the next-gen

There are a lot of multiplats missing on that list that are not on wii-u lmao.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
no thank you

i want a next gen console, with pretty graphics but more importante i want third party games from devs that are in the top league like rockstar , bethesda and others.

Why not get a PC then? You get better graphics, and like allenmaher said you can upgrade at any time during the gen. So better price, better graphics, better 3rd party support.

Sharu said:
chris0409 said:
On PS4 and Xbox One...

I have at least one exclusive that looks interesting, I can play with awesome controllers (I don't need a non-multitouch touchscreen), I can look forward to Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3, I don't need to buy an extra headset, I can use an Ethernet cable, I can use 3 USB-3.0 ports, I have an optical out port.

And I won't even start with the software features...

I like the 'I can look forward to' part. Especially when other people saying they buy ps4 for FFXV and KH3 together with LG.

At least with Nintendo i know that sooner or later in 2-4 years i'll get my Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong/Fire Emblem/X/ etc.

And on the WiiU - I bought it at launch, and yes, it was a drought, but  Lego City and MH3U was a nice hole filler and now  with Wonderful 101 and Pikmin3 in shops is hard to say that WiiU doesn't have great exclusive games, and the end of year looks pretty packed too.

Next year currently looks empty for PS4/X1, and WiiU hopefully will get MarioKart8, SSBB, X and Bayonetta2 which are huge games from any point of view.

Wii U is missing out on many big multiplat games, my examples were 2014 games (Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3). You can also add Destiny, Dying Light and The Division to the list.

So as you can see next year does not look empty at all... even if you're talking exclusives. It's like you've never heard of Halo or Titanfall, inFamous or The Order, those are just the biggest names for One/PS4 exclusives in 2014, there are a lot more.

Once you expand the time tablethings start looking completely different

I am already spending around $945 on the PS4 and its games and I don't want to spend any more on the Wii U right now especially due to having GT6 release this fall on the PS3. However once Bayonetta 2 comes out and turns out to be good and the Wii U gets another price cut I'll get it.

Well. The haters sure came out to play in this thread.

Good job JoeTheBro, lol!