By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Ponyless said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Ponyless said:

hahaha you're that scared to stick with your prediction huh? alright tell yourself whatever you want, not a single person on this website, even some of the most hardcore sony/microsoft fans, believes that wii u will sell under 10 mil, hell most expect it to pass that by next year. But then i guess maybe those sony/microsoft fans are just secretely delusional nintendo fans huh :/?

Or most people who are good at analysing facts are not on this forum. It is also hilariously sad that you think someone is "scared" of their forum sig being changed. I think that says a lot about the value you place on yours. Either way, anyone who thinks the WiiU will somehow more than double its sales by this time next year is probably serving me Starbucks rather than buying one.

That sure was a really snarky response that could be summed up with "no i won't put my money where my mouth is". And i didn't mean that you were afraid to lose your sig, i meant that for someone who is so arrogant and believes that his opnion is fact, and that anyone who denies it is just delusional/in-denial, you're really afraid of actually sticking to it when it comes down to it.

Well anyways i'm done here, i'll go to your wall and post when wii u reaches 10mil sales+ which should be in 2014, and worst case scenario early 2015. Assuming you're not banned by then or private your account.

I do not mean to be snarky - it is just how I see things. I have yet to be proven wrong on any topic like this yet (on this forum and others), and this attitude has made my life turn out pretty damn well. This is why I am so assured and conifdent (not arrogant) about my comment, and why I don't care about a bet with you on some forum.

Please do post on my wall when that happens and I would love to know why and what makes the WiiU do a Uturn in sales.

tbone51 said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

Or most people who are good at analysing facts are not on this forum. It is also hilariously sad that you think someone is "scared" of their forum sig being changed. I think that says a lot about the value you place on yours. Either way, anyone who thinks the WiiU will somehow more than double its sales by this time next year is probably serving me Starbucks rather than buying one.

keep up the excuses, it has nothing to do with value. You made a big statement and you dont even back it up. You remind me of back when i played football or basketball and had the people who claimed to be better but never stepped on the court/field to prove themselves. You make a big claim but your not willing to back it up right? Go ahead... WiiU doom this that. But in the end u cant step up to the plate -_- *facepalm

Or I don't care and even if I won, I wouldn't even bother changing someones sig.

Fact is, the figures and experts back me up, the fans back you up. Historically, we both know which the former is right - hence why they get paid a lot.

Around the Network
Ponyless said:
lt_dan_27 said:

Good job referencing my post without context. I don't remember if it was you or someone else but if you look at the post I QUOTED then you'll see that it says I spelled rebuttal incorrectly. So yes, my spelling was correct, and the fact that you've let this drag on for about 5 or 6 messages now, is pathetic. Say something about how you think I'm wrong, agree with me, or I'm done replying. 

Oh lord, dan i corrected your spelling. Joe never said anything about that, and the fact that you didn't even bother to check 2-3 posts before his to make sure who said it shows a lot about you. I corrected your spelling because i was not going to argue you with you after reading that berlin wall of text, didn't wanna go through with that again. You dragged this on for 5 or 6 posts about spelling when you could have easily checked if he did it if you had just pressed the previous page button.

He's the one that dragged it on. But whatever, I'm done with This. It's pretty easy to change a topic if you want. I had everyhting I needed to say about the actualy subject. I also typed out one paragraph, I'd hardly call that a "Berlin wall."

Frequency said:

Perhaps he doesn't want insane power consumption for the sake of playing games that will, compared to the ps4 look more or less the same  for a more expensive or similarly priced PC. top end consumption of 90 watts compared to the average gaming pc using 600 or more depdning on setup, is quite a difference.

Perhaps he doesn't want to use hacked up drivers to use a dualshock 3 wirelessly, or doesnt like the 360 wireless controller.

Perhaps he doesn't want to pay for a copy of windows, doesn't like Linux or doesnt trust pre-builts that come with windows installed.

Perhaps he prefers being able to take a disk, slap it in the drive and play, without cd keys, installation, worrying about drive space or DRM

Perhaps he wants to play all the games he owns with the same online infrastructure, tied to a single online username and not the mish mash of individual multiplayer servers, accounts and services that PCs use, even if purchased through steam for many games.

Perhaps he wants to play the console exclusives that will not see a PC release.

Or maybe, just maybe, perhaps you shouldnt get hung up over a persons reasoning for not wanting a console, even if you dont agree with that reasoning, after all arguing with him about it isn't going to make him suddenly think "oh wait you are right, be back later im going to go buy one right now". as such there is absolutely no reason for you to persue it.

Again, then in that case his primary argument shouldn't be graphics and 3rd party support, do you now understand what I mean?

In a thread asking why one and not the other, I'm sure he had more to contribute than a whim-decision type of logic, just maybe.

Noctis23 said:
Dusk said:
lt_dan_27 said:
Over half the games listed on the wiiu have average to low reviews. Batman arkham origins is coming to all platforms. It would probably take at least $600-700 to build a ps4 like system, and that's low balling. Xbox one would probably be about $550-600. I could build a PC with similar or better performance than a wiiu for the same or less. A problem with your "great graphics, better than current gen" is very misleading. A Honda accord and Lamborghini both have far better performance than a model T. But that doesn't mean they perform that same. Possibly the worst post I've ever seen. You've also neglected multiple exclusives on both platforms. And it's also unfair to pin up all of the exclusives that wiiu has made over a year versus exclusives being made in a month. By that math. the xbox one and ps4 have way more exclusives per month they've been released.

Wow, you need to look into computers more apparently. I'll price out and give links for similar specs as much as possible.

Mobo and APU. It's not possible to do a direct copy because they are so custom. So I chose the top A10 chip because it has the best graphics processing in the APU line but isn't as powerful as the one in the PS4, the CPU aspect of the chip would slap the crap out of the PS4 chip. http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_6800K_F2A85MCSM $235

8 Gigs RAM DDR 3 2133 MHz (DDR 5 isn't avail on PC's only built in GPU's) http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34251 $75

500 GB HDD http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX32586 $60

430watt power supply. Obviously the power supply in the PS4 isn't comparable by any means as it should have lower power consumption as consoles do so I chose a reasonable quality one that is inexpensive. http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX41857 $50

Blu-ray http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX36022 $70

Tower (very basic, but usable)  http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX37673 $60

There you go. 500 bucks.

His exclusive list is not encompassing with any of the platforms.

Where is the graphics card? and the OS?

The graphics is part of the APU (GPU+CPU on same die), actually the same sort of setup that the PS4 and X1 use. As far as the OS, well once steamOS comes out, or any Linux derivitive, they are free so it's not necessary to put it in. If you want to put windows on your computer that's an optional cost. Many steam games are already available on Linux and 22% of new games that come out on steam are Linux compatable, but once everything else is released with steamOS and they are using their API it should encompass the majority of what is available on steam anyway.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

@thejimbo i think you are being a bit TOO much of a downer on Wii U it aint doing good at all. However it can do 10mil by Dec 2014 i think. if it cant...then oh boy

@tbone honestly you are not making a case for your argument. all im hearing is a fan who says they will turn it around but havent brought any evidence to support why you say so besides just the Ninty lover in you hoping so. Bringing up 3ds Ps3 and GC are not helping your points None of those systems were doing as bad as Wii U is doing in the same time frame. Hell Not even PS3 and that was 350 bucks more with less system sellers. GC? did not turn it around. I love that system but it flopped. bad example

Around the Network

It's been a while, and I feel it's time to bump this thread. The launch lineups for the 4BONE aren't so hot while 3D world is sitting at 94 on meta. Has your opinion changed since last time?

Saving up fro a Wii U. because of Wonderful 101,Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Soft X as Exclusives. Others games as well but those are what sold me on the system. I also must add Wii Pro Controller replaced Xbox 360 controller as my fave ever. I'm Sure Fast Racing Neo will also not only look amazing but fill my F-Zero need.

killerzX said:
JoeTheBro said:

But what about the graphics?

Wii U PS4 XBONE

Great graphics
A lot better than current gen

Great Graphics

Great Graphics

at bolded. that is the truth.

:) fixed. 

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Gamegears said:
killerzX said:
JoeTheBro said:

But what about the graphics?

Wii U PS4 XBONE

Great graphics

Great Graphics

Great Graphics

at bolded. that is the truth.

:) fixed. 

The multiplats sure aren't showing that.

The WII U is going to need more than 1 decent title to push units otherwise it ain't moving too much. Price really isn't an issue as the vita proved this to us.