By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Badassbab said:
My personal advice is quit console gaming and migrate to PC. It's what I've done over the past few years and it's definitely been worth it. Better graphics and performance by miles and you can use 360 controller for most third party games or map it using X-padder and also hook it up to your sound system and TV. This is the first gen I can think of where PC is already well ahead before the next gen is even out so consoles are really going to fall way behind this gen quickly. Games are a lot cheaper too.

best response yet. This is how I feel about the next gen. ONny reason to buy a console from any of them is their exclusives.

Around the Network
Ponyless said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Ponyless said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

At this rate, it may not sell 10 million in its lifetime. You are just in denial about the numbers. In 8 months, WITHOUT competition, it has only sold 1.05 million units. In total it has only sold 3.3 million, with most of that being on Christmas launch. 

So at that rate, how many years will it take for it to reach 10 million units? Because 2 years looks oh so optimisitic, and 15-20 million is just delusional.

The franchises are all very old. Do they appeal to the mass market anymore? A market who love GTA and CoD? Well looking at sales, it looks like they do not.

Now stop treating the company like a religion as some infallible entity and look at the facts objectively......then reply.

Let's make a bet right now, Wii U will sell more than 10 million life time, heck i'll make it 12 million. You seem so sure of it that you call anyone who believes it delusional and in denial, so how about it? 1 month sig control that wii u will sell more than 12 million in it's life time :D

By the time it hits 10 million, this website might not even be up, or we may not use it - we're talking at least 3 years IF sales reamain like this (which they won't due to super heavy competition).

You stated earlier in the thread that you don't even believe it'll be supported by stores in 6months- 1 year, it'll become readily apparent that it won't sell 10 mil if no stores sells it, no? So cmon, i'm giving you a free sig, after all i'm just being delusional and denying facts aren't i? 

Or just being right and watching all the tears on this forum will be more than enough for me as I really a) don't care about sigs b) don't use this forum enough to care or feel that I have something to prove.

tbone51 said:
@TheJimbo

Yea, they screwed up their launch - that will inevitably have consequences for them for the rest of the consoles lifespan. So it is not a case of "So wat?", but "Oh *#@!, this is going to cost Nintendo dearly". It is scary that you think a failed launch of any product is "So wat".
If you want a handheld platform, the DS is the only one with a good price tag and library. The WiiU has neither of these things and won't. 
Common sense?! Pahaha. Stop lying to yourself. You have seen the numbers and are ignoring them. When are these "Big hitters" going to arrive and whom will purchase them? Only those who already have the WiiU. Nintnedo have never pulled off what GTA V just did - make people buy a console just for one game.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Ooook Buddy. Yes I ignore numbers -_-. I already kno how bad WiiU is doing but nothing i say will change your mind. People like you think they know the world, make that bet with ponyless. Stop making excuses. Your backing out of a bet cuz you realize you might be wrong. 

Anywayzzzz Good Luck to you! You'll be needing it. BTW i totally agree with you now, im lying to myself and to watever else you said. Good Night

Of course nothing you say will change my mind if you don't support your opinion with facts. You just have this weird faith in a company....a company. The hell?!

Got the Wii U earlier this year. Really happy with the decision. The launch line up from PSBONE doesn't look too good to be honest. The big games start to hit next year with Infamous, Destiny & TitanFall and two of those are cross generation games.

Next gen exclusive titles like Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and Order 1886 will start to pour in starting next fall. These upcoming consoles will start to become more tempting starting fall of 2014 but mostly in 2015. So i'll be giving them a consideration then.

Also most of the people saying "no thanks lol" are the ones who would had their minds made up about their console of choice even before they were revealed. So can't really put much weight behind their words. They are shallow and empty like a bamboo stick but much more useless.

So 2015 is when i think i might be getting one unless Taco Bell & Doritos does the trick.

TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

It is hilarious yet scary how people compare the WiiU to everything else. NOTHING (as in major console - why do people compare it to a handheld? It's a totally different market) has sold this badly for this long before. The PS3 was never removed from stock, and we know bad sales for this long will end up a problem eg. the dreamcast...yet that shifted 10 million units in 2 years. The WiiU looks set to fall short of that my a long, long margin.

Why do people compare Console and Handhelds Hmmmm.? Oh yeah they both are gaming devices (made to play games so use phones as an excuse). It just seems your writing off WiiU as dead and their is no hope? Nintendo has been getting hate for years now, I heard same thing with 3DS, yes WiiU worse selling, Losing Retail Support/No third Party Support, but guess what Nintendo has...? Yes Exclusives that will sell no matter what, It has 3DS making a profit. WiiU isnt going nowhere, in a few years it'll sell 15-20mil+ and you'll compare it to ps4 sales cuz there isnt anything better to do right? People Who believe Nintendo Is done and out have another one coming to them, GCN/DS/3DS all did well nuff said. 

Handhelds and consoles are two different markets, lumping them together is the same as lumping every car together, eg family saloons, sports cars, super cars etc...which would be retarded. 

Oh I'm sorry, but at what point do you think I should write the WiiU off then? When its sales are a histroic low for a new console? Check. Shops stop stocking it? Check. When all of the above happen yet market conditions were perfect for it to thrive (and that is about to end)? Check. So yea, I think writing it off is in fact common sense at this point as all the evidence would back that up.

It's exlcusives will only sell to the hardcore nintendo gamer who unsurprisingly already owns the WiiU. Also that Nintendo gamer will tend to buy all the exlcuives rather than a set few as the library is so limited. Take racing games on the Wii. Mario Karts sold so well as that was about the only racing game on it. You didn't have the variety of the other consoles eg. Forza, GT, CM Rally etc. You just had that. Want an rpg? Well it is Zelda or...Zelda.

Also where the hell did you pull 15-20mill from? Thin air? Ah yup - that's the one. You have the facts on this very website yet you some how think its sales will magically quadruple when other consoles come out. That is just crazy.

If anyone here is crazy, it's the one who is accusing Mario Kart of selling so well simply because Nintendo fans have nothing else to buy. Those who underestimate Mario Kart tend to eat crow.

You also seem woefully ignorant of Zelda's genre (it is not an RPG, and never was except for elements of Zelda II), beyond the fact that there were a fair deal of exclusive RPGs on the Wii.

Wii U's sales also have nothing to do with how well or how poorly the competition is doing, much like how Wii's sales had nothing to do with the ebb and flow of PS360 sales. The heightened numbers are expressed because the Wii U has a lot of important, mainstream software coming in the pipe, like Wii Fit U, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros, and Kart 8, which are games that people buy Nintendo systems for (because where else are you going to get *good* Karting, or a 2D platformer on the caliber of Donkey Kong Country?)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

TheJimbo1234 said:

Yea, they screwed up their launch - that will inevitably have consequences for them for the rest of the consoles lifespan. So it is not a case of "So wat?", but "Oh *#@!, this is going to cost Nintendo dearly". It is scary that you think a failed launch of any product is "So wat".

If you want a handheld platform, the DS is the only one with a good price tag and library. The WiiU has neither of these things and won't. 

Common sense?! Pahaha. Stop lying to yourself. You have seen the numbers and are ignoring them. When are these "Big hitters" going to arrive and whom will purchase them? Only those who already have the WiiU. Nintnedo have never pulled off what GTA V just did - make people buy a console just for one game.

Ponyless said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

⇒Also where the hell did you pull 15-20mill from? Thin air? Ah yup - that's the one. 

⇒ So yea, I think writing it off is in fact common sense at this point as all the evidence would back that up.

Ok fine, It wont sell anymore Nintendo Should just completely stop the console, ok this is why you never be able to make big decisions cuz you dont fight back. Nintendo has the biggest franchises (im talking about overall so dont try to low swipe me by saying GTA/COD cuz i know they are bigger) and you think they'll go out? Ok im officially done with this. You make it sound like WiiU dont have a chance to even sell 10mil lifetime. 

If you want nintendo to die so badly thats on you, i'll laugh later on just like i did wen i heard nintendo died with GCN/DS/3DS..... See Ya in a few years LMAO

At this rate, it may not sell 10 million in its lifetime. You are just in denial about the numbers. In 8 months, WITHOUT competition, it has only sold 1.05 million units. In total it has only sold 3.3 million, with most of that being on Christmas launch. 

So at that rate, how many years will it take for it to reach 10 million units? Because 2 years looks oh so optimisitic, and 15-20 million is just delusional.

The franchises are all very old. Do they appeal to the mass market anymore? A market who love GTA and CoD? Well looking at sales, it looks like they do not.

Now stop treating the company like a religion as some infallible entity and look at the facts objectively......then reply.

Let's make a bet right now, Wii U will sell more than 10 million life time, heck i'll make it 12 million. You seem so sure of it that you call anyone who believes it delusional and in denial, so how about it? 1 month sig control that wii u will sell more than 12 million in it's life time :D

By the time it hits 10 million, this website might not even be up, or we may not use it - we're talking at least 3 years IF sales reamain like this (which they won't due to super heavy competition).

Ah, i gave you too much credit. The bolded indicates that you have no knowledge of history whatsoever and you are best placed on the "ignore" list.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

It is hilarious yet scary how people compare the WiiU to everything else. NOTHING (as in major console - why do people compare it to a handheld? It's a totally different market) has sold this badly for this long before. The PS3 was never removed from stock, and we know bad sales for this long will end up a problem eg. the dreamcast...yet that shifted 10 million units in 2 years. The WiiU looks set to fall short of that my a long, long margin.

Why do people compare Console and Handhelds Hmmmm.? Oh yeah they both are gaming devices (made to play games so use phones as an excuse). It just seems your writing off WiiU as dead and their is no hope? Nintendo has been getting hate for years now, I heard same thing with 3DS, yes WiiU worse selling, Losing Retail Support/No third Party Support, but guess what Nintendo has...? Yes Exclusives that will sell no matter what, It has 3DS making a profit. WiiU isnt going nowhere, in a few years it'll sell 15-20mil+ and you'll compare it to ps4 sales cuz there isnt anything better to do right? People Who believe Nintendo Is done and out have another one coming to them, GCN/DS/3DS all did well nuff said. 

Handhelds and consoles are two different markets, lumping them together is the same as lumping every car together, eg family saloons, sports cars, super cars etc...which would be retarded. 

Oh I'm sorry, but at what point do you think I should write the WiiU off then? When its sales are a histroic low for a new console? Check. Shops stop stocking it? Check. When all of the above happen yet market conditions were perfect for it to thrive (and that is about to end)? Check. So yea, I think writing it off is in fact common sense at this point as all the evidence would back that up.

It's exlcusives will only sell to the hardcore nintendo gamer who unsurprisingly already owns the WiiU. Also that Nintendo gamer will tend to buy all the exlcuives rather than a set few as the library is so limited. Take racing games on the Wii. Mario Karts sold so well as that was about the only racing game on it. You didn't have the variety of the other consoles eg. Forza, GT, CM Rally etc. You just had that. Want an rpg? Well it is Zelda or...Zelda.

Also where the hell did you pull 15-20mill from? Thin air? Ah yup - that's the one. You have the facts on this very website yet you some how think its sales will magically quadruple when other consoles come out. That is just crazy.

If anyone here is crazy, it's the one who is accusing Mario Kart of selling so well simply because Nintendo fans have nothing else to buy. Those who underestimate Mario Kart tend to eat crow.

You also seem woefully ignorant of Zelda's genre (it is not an RPG, and never was except for elements of Zelda II), beyond the fact that there were a fair deal of exclusive RPGs on the Wii.

Wii U's sales also have nothing to do with how well or how poorly the competition is doing, much like how Wii's sales had nothing to do with the ebb and flow of PS360 sales. The heightened numbers are expressed because the Wii U has a lot of important, mainstream software coming in the pipe, like Wii Fit U, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros, and Kart 8, which are games that people buy Nintendo systems for (because where else are you going to get *good* Karting, or a 2D platformer on the caliber of Donkey Kong Country?)

Umhum, and here we go. You either get 2 kart based games, or very poor ports that are worse than what was on the PS2/xbox. There was nothing serious, nothing like Forza or GT, just NFS dire ports (reviews would back up my opinion), or mario/sonic karts. That is limited as hell.

As for rpg's? What is there then? Again, limited library.  Shooters? Nothing new. These genres sell tons of games and the Wii did not have most of them and relied heavily on sports and party games....something which is not what the WiiU is aimed at. Now with the WiiU being behind the ps4/xbone, it too will lag with these genres, but now doesn't have these causal games to buffer.

We'll see if people will actually buy the WiiU for things like Wii Fit U, but as I said, I'm going with the idea that those who want Kart 8 and Smash Bros already have bought a WiiU.

JoeTheBro said:
lt_dan_27 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Is this BOLD about the paragraphs remark?

That's nothing to do with grammar or spelling, it just makes a wall of text less appetizing.

No, I don't know why it was put in bold. Must have done that on accident. But once again, I assume since you have no critiques to my logic, you're admiting I'm correct. 

No no no. I put that part in bold to let you know which part I was commenting on. I never called you out on spelling or grammar mistakes.

Now you just don't make sense. 

lt_dan_27 said:
JoeTheBro said:

No no no. I put that part in bold to let you know which part I was commenting on. I never called you out on spelling or grammar mistakes.

Now you just don't make sense. 

Here, I found your old post for you.

lt_dan_27 said:

... For future reference in a debate/argument: When you correct someone's grammar or spelling, you are making a very petty jab that does nothing but take away legitimacy from YOUR argument. It shows that you don't have much to say on the actual content, so you go to attacking surface level errors that really mean nothing. If a candidate in a presidential debate said the the 2nd candidate's tie looks stupid after the latter candidate had answered a question well, the legitimacy of whatever the first candidate said would immediately drop significantly. I basically see it as you acknowledging that I brought up valid points so thank you. ...

When did I correct your grammar or spelling?

I have skimmed through probably 20 pages of this thread and absolutely nothing has changed in terms of me buying a Wii u anytime soon

Its a bad thread man lol^