By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Metallicube said:
Somini said:
Metallicube said:

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Why are you trying to show how pretty the WiiU's graphics can be, according to you, if you don't care about graphics?

First of all, who said I didn't care about graphics? Second of all, I'm merely making a point.. Nice try though

Win

JimmyDanger said:

I thought when I bought a Wii U - I'd see less Sony trolls than in 360/One threads/forums - in the Nintendo Wi U forums.

Looks like I was wrong.

I should have known from the few times I'd been to 3DS/DS threads.

I buy most every console that comes to market - I've got DS phat, DS slim, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DS xl, wii, Wii U, a couple of 360's/kinects, Gamecube, PS2, PSX, working US and PAL SNESes, working PAL DC, PSP, working Jap and PAL Saturns, - I don't miss many of them.

But with SONY - I stopped at PSP. Because of their legion of trolling self important, self righteous fans. I don't think they realise - just like political extremists - their constant rhetoric, usually in places where it's not even called for or relevant - just drives people away. This from a guy who paid $AUD700 for a launch PSX. Since 05 - you guys have made the thought of even being slightly , tangentially associated with you - unbearable. You're actually harming Sony more than helping them.

Win

JimmyDanger said:
Somini said:
JimmyDanger said:

I thought when I bought a Wii U - I'd see less Sony trolls than in 360/One threads/forums - in the Nintendo Wi U forums.

Looks like I was wrong.

I buy most every console that comes to market - I've got DS phat, DS slim, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DS xl, wii, Wii U, a couple of 360's/kinects, Gamecube, PS2, PSX, working US and PAL SNESes, working PAL DC, PSP, working Jap and PAL Saturns, - I don't miss many of them.

But with SONY - I stopped at PSP. Because of their legion of trolling self important, self righteous fans. I don't think they realise - just like political extremists - their constant rhetoric, usually in places where it's not even called for or relevant - just drives people away. This from a guy who paid $AUD700 for a launch PSX. Since 05 - you guys have made the thought of even being slightly , tangentially associated with you - unbearable. You're actually harming Sony more than helping them.

You do realise we're in a thread made by a NIntendo fan expressing his enability to understand why others could make decisions other than himself?

Not only that, but you see other Nintendo fans claiming people who ignore the WiiU to be uninformed or graphic whores! And you dare calle the one's who are trying to answer these mindless questions trolls? Have you ever heard of people having different tastes?

You guys sure do like to generalize and make blind assumptions!

You mean the thread where he's encouraging people to consider a Wii U this holiday? Fair call. I must have must the part where he's expressing inability to understand others - that's your interpretation, and quite a subjective one at that.

I think maybe one person used the Graphics Whore as a reply - after someone said something along the lines of - "it's not next gen really, look at the graphics lol lol".  Which if you're using graphics to define/deny generation - you probably deserve.

Let's not call people out on generalising and blind assumptions - when you're only too happy to base the two points of your post around them.

And really - even Blind Frederick can see which camp engage in serial, repeated, indignant trolling the most.

So much WIN!

Daisuke72 said:

Instead of wii u, why not buy a PS3 or Xbox 360?

In that case, why not just get a Wii and play a bunch of virtual console classics?

Ergo. The point of comparing U to 4Bone is that they are new consoles with new games, the PS360 are getting phased out in the next year or two.

attaboy said:
Get the ONE 4 U.

This was excellent. Ultimately, it's all about price, service and exclusives. That should be the only argument raised. Graphics is an unacceptable argument because PCs kick anything else's arse (at the price of consoles).

Around the Network

"Graphic whores" everywhere......

sorry, just LOVED that therm. Graphic whores

happydolphin said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
no thank you

i want a next gen console, with pretty graphics but more importante i want third party games from devs that are in the top league like rockstar , bethesda and others.

Why not get a PC then? You get better graphics, and like allenmaher said you can upgrade at any time during the gen. So better price, better graphics, better 3rd party support.

Exactely.

Kyuu said:

The Wii U is hardly better than current gen in graphics. People need to stop using Monolith X's trailers, it's embarrassing. I'd never use The Last Guardian, an unreleased game, as an example of PS3's graphics capabilities.

We haven't yet seen "an existing Wii U game" showing better graphics than Naughty Dog and Santa Monica's and Guerrilla Game's PS3 games. So until a graphically superior game is released on Wii U, the argument that Wii U is a lot better graphically than current gen is downright flawed.

Edit:

I'm not getting any of the three consoles because not a single game appeals to me at launch. I'll be Nintendo's bitch once Zelda U is released though!

fixed!

Rogerioandrade said:
happydolphin said:
ClassicGaming.Wizzz said:
no thank you

i want a next gen console, with pretty graphics but more importante i want third party games from devs that are in the top league like rockstar , bethesda and others.

Why not get a PC then? You get better graphics, and like allenmaher said you can upgrade at any time during the gen. So better price, better graphics, better 3rd party support.

Exactely.

Why not get a PC is a stupid argument. There are many reasons. Missing out on Sony games. Generally being a crap load more expensive. Limited living space. 

Around the Network
Wii U Yes/No Reasoning
Super Mario 3D World  Maybe
 Just looks sooo boring but i end up getting the mario platfomers
New Super Mario Bros. U  Yes  More of the same but i enjoyed the Wii one
New Super Luigi U  Yes  check above
ZombiU  No  Game is complete crap
Pikmin 3  No  Boring and the gameplay is pointless
The Wonderful 101  No  Awful looking game. It hurts my eyes
Lego City Undercover
 Yes  Looks really fun. Would like to play it.
Wii Fit U  No  Just no what a complete waist of time
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games*  No  It was horrible on the so i am sure it will be horrible on the U
 Sonic Lost World*
 No  It plays like crap. seen the gameplay.
 Wii Party U
 No  Horrible on Wii worse on the U
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure*  No  Not my type od game
 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD**
 Maybe  I would give it a try but i didnt like the artstyle
 Game & Wario
 No  What is the point of this game
 Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate*
 No  Monster hunter is ok but im burnt out on it.
 TANK! TANK! TANK!
 No  Crap game. It really is.
 Nintendoland  Dont know  Its not worth a full game price but if its a few quid i would give it a go.
 Rabbids Land
 No  Dont liek mario party so will not like this
 Scribblenauts Unlimited*  No  Not my type of game

Now let's look at price. Wii U wins again.

The Wii U should be cheaper when you take the PS3 and 360 into account.

Game Wii U PS4 XBONE
Call of Duty Ghosts X X X
Assassin's Creed 4 X X X
Watchdogs X X X
Battlefield 4   X X
Batman Arkham Origins X***  

What about the multiplat games though? Everyone's a winner. Not really. their are loads of multiplat games that are not comming to the Wii U.

But what about the graphics?

Wii U PS4 XBONE

Great graphics
slightly better than PS360. almost no difference

Great Graphics
A lot better than current gen

Great Graphics
A lot better than current gen

Factor in the Wii U gamepad being included at no additional cost, and the Wii U is by far the best buy this holiday.

The gameplad is clunky and uncomfortable.

So if you are planning to buy a PS4 or XBONE at launch, why aren't you getting a Wii U instead?

I have put my opinion in bold.

I wont be getting a Wii U mainly because It hardly has any games that i like, its graphics are not a meaningful upgrade on current gen and its controller is horrible. Also i heard it has terrible loading times.

Out of the games you have listed only 3 would I purchase for certain and one is an expansion I believe? Correct me if this is wrong. Like many people have said, The Wii U is good for Nintendo diehards but not much else beyond that.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

happydolphin said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
no thank you

Price ( since when pc is cheaper than console), big third party and first party exclusives not making it to the pc (exemple gta v for this gen), not everyone is comfortable updating drivers, finding missing dll files. pc get better third party support from small indie devs but not from the major ones

Max King of the Wild said:
Rogerioandrade said:
happydolphin said:

Exactely.

Why not get a PC is a stupid argument. There are many reasons. Missing out on Sony games. Generally being a crap load more expensive. Limited living space. 

It is not stupid when made in response to "I want a next gen console", "I want pretty graphics" and "I want 3rd party support".

What's stupid now?

cablebox said:

Price ( since when pc is cheaper than console), big third party and first party exclusives not making it to the pc (exemple gta v for this gen), not everyone is comfortable updating drivers, finding missing dll files. pc get better third party support from small indie devs but not from the major ones

For every GTA V there is a Skyrim.

As for price, if you start off with tech comparable to PS4/xbone internals, you can pull it off at the price of 500$, without having to pay for online fees. (Not to mention the games are cheaper)

As for DLLs and ease of use, that's a different argument. In response to ClassicGamingWizz, he mentioned he wanted pretty graphics and good 3rd party support. DLLs shouldn't be an issue to him unless he's BSing.

happydolphin said:
Metallicube said:
Somini said:
Metallicube said:

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Why are you trying to show how pretty the WiiU's graphics can be, according to you, if you don't care about graphics?

First of all, who said I didn't care about graphics? Second of all, I'm merely making a point.. Nice try though

Win

JimmyDanger said:

Looks like I was wrong.

Win

JimmyDanger said:
Somini said:
JimmyDanger said:

Looks like I was wrong.

You do realise we're in a thread made by a NIntendo fan expressing his enability to understand why others could make decisions other than himself?

Not only that, but you see other Nintendo fans claiming people who ignore the WiiU to be uninformed or graphic whores! And you dare calle the one's who are trying to answer these mindless questions trolls? Have you ever heard of people having different tastes?

You guys sure do like to generalize and make blind assumptions!

You mean the thread where he's encouraging people to consider a Wii U this holiday? Fair call. I must have must the part where he's expressing inability to understand others - that's your interpretation, and quite a subjective one at that.

I think maybe one person used the Graphics Whore as a reply - after someone said something along the lines of - "it's not next gen really, look at the graphics lol lol".  Which if you're using graphics to define/deny generation - you probably deserve.

Let's not call people out on generalising and blind assumptions - when you're only too happy to base the two points of your post around them.

And really - even Blind Frederick can see which camp engage in serial, repeated, indignant trolling the most.

So much WIN!

Daisuke72 said:

Instead of wii u, why not buy a PS3 or Xbox 360?

In that case, why not just get a Wii and play a bunch of virtual console classics?

Ergo. The point of comparing U to 4Bone is that they are new consoles with new games, the PS360 are getting phased out in the next year or two.

attaboy said:
Get the ONE 4 U.

This was excellent. Ultimately, it's all about price, service and exclusives. That should be the only argument raised. Graphics is an unacceptable argument because PCs kick anything else's arse (at the price of consoles).

I'm glad you think trolling/flaiming is "so much fucking win." It just really goes to show what type of poster you are