By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

chris0409 said:
On PS4 and Xbox One...

I have at least one exclusive that looks interesting, I can play with awesome controllers (I don't need a non-multitouch touchscreen), I can look forward to Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3, I don't need to buy an extra headset, I can use an Ethernet cable, I can use 3 USB-3.0 ports, I have an optical out port.

And I won't even start with the software features...

PS4 has 2 USB ports.

Wii U can use an Ethernet cable.

Around the Network
chris0409 said:
On PS4 and Xbox One...

I have at least one exclusive that looks interesting, I can play with awesome controllers (I don't need a non-multitouch touchscreen), I can look forward to Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3, I don't need to buy an extra headset, I can use an Ethernet cable, I can use 3 USB-3.0 ports, I have an optical out port.

I like the 'I can look forward to' part. Especially when other people saying they buy ps4 for FFXV and KH3 together with LG.

At least with Nintendo i know that sooner or later in 2-4 years i'll get my Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong/Fire Emblem/X/ etc.

And on the WiiU - I bought it at launch, and yes, it was a drought, but  Lego City and MH3U was a nice hole filler and now  with Wonderful 101 and Pikmin3 in shops is hard to say that WiiU doesn't have great exclusive games, and the end of year looks pretty packed too.

Next year currently looks empty for PS4/X1, and WiiU hopefully will get MarioKart8, SSBB, X and Bayonetta2 which are huge games from any point of view.

Is this a troll thread?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Just don't value the Wii U at the price it's at, on top of that I'm not really digging the gamepad.

I might have, but they didn't allow up-scaling of old Wii games. I'm still mad about that.

Plus, I'm not excited about an average res tablet.

Bust most importantly, they haven't made Endless Ocean 3!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
chris0409 said:
On PS4 and Xbox One...

The Gamepad has has a microphone and speakers for chat right out of the box, and you can pick up an Ethernet adapter for the Wii/Wii U for super cheap. I use one, and it works fine. I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal about USB 3.0. USB 2.0 works faster than most DVD/Blu-Ray access speeds, so unless you plan on going all-digital and ignoring the build in HDD, I'll doubt you'll see any big difference.

And please, start with the software features.

Metallicube said:
PlayMatt said:
If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Yeah pretty much, just watched the trailer on you tube, the draw distance is loveley but the textures are low res, there is definate aliasing problems, alot of areas seem low poly. 

That said im sure it will be a great game, when i do get a Wii U this and the original will be the first games i pick up. 

Well this turned interesting fast.

I don't like the games that Wii U has to offer in comparison to the games that the Xbox one will offer.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

To be honest, the PS4 exclusives look far more interesting to me than the WiiU's.

For everything else, there's PC.

Metallicube said:
PlayMatt said:
If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Congrats Nintendo, you've caught up to 2008 ps3/360? what else am i supposed to say, it really isn't that impressive.