By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-orders 28 Sept: GT6, POKEMON, COD, BF4!!!!

Considering the other Pokemon game's performances, X/Y seems to be crippled. Poor thing, hopefully it can pull out a miracle on it's opening day. (Or hopefully VGC is so far off with these pre-orders it's not even funny.)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
pokemon should be over 500k now imo! Sucks its 1 day sales outside japan! Anyway FW should be (or 1st Day >_<) 900k-1.1mil followed by a strong 2nd week

Can't wait for the results :D

y2jarmyofficial said:

Actually yes cod ps4 will be surpassed for two reasons, one not counting this week x1 cod has been adding more preorders week by week for the last 2-3months , second you how many people got the 360 cod whos to say they will pay 10 bucks to trade up to the x1, same goes for battlefield 4 accept thats a maybe

"The XOne version has been catching up week after week for awhile now". That line has been used quite a few times as evidence that the PS4 version will fall behind any week now for quite awhile. It still hasn't happened. The last time it got close the PS4 version jumped way ahead and the XOne version had to play catch-up all over again. This week the PS4 version slightly outordered it. Also, you're assuming that the number of current 360 owners who are getting an XOne will be sufficient to surpass overall sales of the PS4 version. I could ask you... do you have any idea how many 360 owners who are switching to PS4 and PS3 owners who will buy a PS4 will trade up? Battlefield 4? I wouldn't count on it. Especially considering the PS4 bundles with BF4 in them sold like crazy.

EDIT: Actually, there was a span of about two weeks, around a couple months ago, where the XOne version was ahead and then the PS4 version retook the lead. If that tells you anything it's that you shouldn't be so sure.

areason said:
i wonder how wind waker will reach the 2 mill+ predictions of wii u owners.

I predict 1 mill. But we'll never know, as a large percentage will be digital due to the bundle. Hard copies more like 6-700,000. Prove me wrong Nintendo!

I predict 500k for WWHD by march.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Nem said:
Why do people buy new consoles to play the same games? I dont really get it.

?? Why do people play the same games on current gen? Not everyone thinks like you.

Amazing how the 3ds continues to keep up with its console competition

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
pokemon should be over 500k now imo! Sucks its 1 day sales outside japan! Anyway FW should be (or 1st Day >_<) 900k-1.1mil followed by a strong 2nd week

Can't wait for the results :D

yea cuz your going to be so off In japan XY has higher pre orders than BW!!!! Thats insane

iamdeath said:
Nem said:
Why do people buy new consoles to play the same games? I dont really get it.

?? Why do people play the same games on current gen? Not everyone thinks like you.

..because they already own that game, have played it and most possibly beat it on current gen.

Based on these pre order charts GT6 would be lucky to get anything over 120k in its first week in the USA. And its not going to have the same legs as GT5 because of the generation ending and next gen releases around the same time as GT6