By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-orders 28 Sept: GT6, POKEMON, COD, BF4!!!!

Nem said:
iceboy151 said:
Nem said:
Why do people buy new consoles to play the same games? I dont really get it.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with just games. Game dvr, play while you download, skype and play games at the same time, remote play on Vita, and other features. People actually care about these things.

Enough to pay 400-500 for it? Nah i dont think so. The only logical explanation i see is that its an investment for the future in their heads + those features help.

$400 is not much money for many, I like how some people make consoles to be a huge investment like a car LOL. People my age spend more in a month taking the family out to a restaurant. People want the new featutes, and GASP, some people want the launch titles, and like having a new toy.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:

$400 is not much money for many, I like how some people make consoles to be a huge investment like a car LOL. People my age spend more in a month taking the family out to a restaurant. People want the new featutes, and GASP, some people want the launch titles, and like having a new toy.

Dont assume everyone has rivers of money to spend, cause that isnt the case. Theres cars, theres houses, theres furniture and everything the house needs and theres feeding you and yours aswell as paying all the taxes and health expenses. Dont make it sound like getting a 400/500 euro system is cheap for anyone, cause it isnt.

WagnerPaiva said:
iamdeath said:
Man that seems low for GT6....I think GT5 damaged the brand and it looking like gt5.5 may hurt it. I think it might be the lowest selling GT by far, could be wrong just a feeling.

I liked GT5, but I agree with you, GT6 will be luck if it gets to 5 million copies, it will be like the last God of War in terms of sales drop.

I think it will be lucky if it sells 3M. 

Nem said:
iamdeath said:

Dont assume everyone has rivers of money to spend, cause that isnt the case. Theres cars, theres houses, theres furniture and everything the house needs and theres feeding you and yours aswell as paying all the taxes and health expenses. Dont make it sound like getting a 400/500 euro system is cheap for anyone, cause it isnt.

?? Where did I say everyone has rivers of money that's why I said for MANY.....don;t put words in my mouth. I am fully aware it is an issue for some, what I said it isn't a lot for some people....Not rocket science.

I'm expecting Watch Dogs to have a boost thanks to reviews

Above 200 000

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) [Total : 264,722]
Call of Duty: Ghosts (XOne) [Total : 259,520]
Battlefield 4 (PS4) [Total : 257,459]
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) [Total : 232,064]

Above 100 000

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) [Total : 177,086]
Battlefield 4 (XOne) [Total : 136,846]
Watch Dogs (PS4) [Total : 133,842]
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (XOne) [Total : 116,066]

Around the Network

Are we discussing seriously gt6 sales??? doubting of this franchise again??? People never learn...., GT6 will sell very very good in Europe, as always, I predict 1'5 mill minimum first week worldwide and about 3 million at the end of year, then in 2014 it will sell another 2 million. In the end I expect 7-8 million lifetime minimum, despite next gen systems.

I won't take vgchartz USA preorder charts as any indication of what will do gt6 at launch....

iamdeath said:

?? Where did I say everyone has rivers of money that's why I said for MANY.....don;t put words in my mouth. I am fully aware it is an issue for some, what I said it isn't a lot for some people....Not rocket science.

I think you have some and many swapped, but alright.

CGI-Quality said:
dsage01 said:
Based on these pre order charts GT6 would be lucky to get anything over 120k in its first week in the USA. And its not going to have the same legs as GT5 because of the generation ending and next gen releases around the same time as GT6

With so many prediciting before that it would under perform, many of you should try humble pie this time. 

I'm not saying its going to under perform I cleary said "based on these pre order charts GT6 would be lucky to get anything over 120k in its first week in the USA" . I never said wheter or not I believe these charts are accurate on that post. 

CGI-Quality said:
dsage01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
dsage01 said:
Based on these pre order charts GT6 would be lucky to get anything over 120k in its first week in the USA. And its not going to have the same legs as GT5 because of the generation ending and next gen releases around the same time as GT6

With so many prediciting before that it would under perform, many of you should try humble pie this time. 

I'm not saying its going to under perform I cleary said "based on these pre order charts GT6 would be lucky to get anything over 120k in its first week in the USA" . I never said wheter or not I believe these charts are accurate on that post. 

"It would be lucky" is an implication of under performance, whether you meant it that way or not. Plus, with this many weeks out, your prediction is a little off. It launches in December, a holiday month. Not everyone is upgrading to the PS4, either.

I said  "It would be lucky...based on these pre order charts" which I have said multiple times in the past are not a very reliable indiaction for first week sales. Although I do agree in this context "It would be lucky" is an implication of under performance however in this post I still didn't indicate my beleif on the accuracy of the pre order charts. I still haven't given my true opinion on how I think this game will do anywhere recently. 

I don't believe those Lego numbers and neither the FFX numbers and as I have repeatably said, why can't they remove the Last Guardian. It's taking up a spot.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David