By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-orders 28 Sept: GT6, POKEMON, COD, BF4!!!!

Pokemon might bomb by the series standards.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Pokemon might bomb by the series standards.

lol, no faith huh! here... 

Japan= http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169389&page=1

US= http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169423&page=1#7

also japan pre orders=http://www.arg-development.com/2013/10/pokemon-x-and-y-pre-orders-exceed-126.html

pokemon xy will do fantastic

The pre-orders will be a bit stunted by the fact there are so many games coming out... I'll still be buying a few current gen games, but most will be on next gen.

Just hope Sony cuts loose the PS3 now, it has an amazing library, they don't need to get their best studios making games for it... let the 3rd parties deal with it, and get a few 2nd party to just prop it up. I dont want to be buying too many games on PS3 next year.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

iamdeath said:
CGI-Quality said:
iamdeath said:
Man that seems low for GT6....I think GT5 damaged the brand and it looking like gt5.5 may hurt it. I think it might be the lowest selling GT by far, could be wrong just a feeling.

GT5 damaged the brand.........how? It's the end of the gen, this isn't its biggest territory, and it has a lot to contend with for the Fall that's gonna be big on current gen. Looking at it in the US, it isn't too far from GT4, so I'm not sure I'd write it off based on early pre-order numbers.

Edit: I also remember people claiming GT5 would be "the lowest selling GT by far." As before, counting those chickens this early isn't efficient. Even at the end of a gen, I don't expect it to sell anything under GT2. 

We'll I disagree, many were disappointed in GT5, and i think it's obvious sales will be much lower for 6. I could be wrong but I think everything is alligned for GT6 to be a slight disappointment sales wise. People were hyped for 5 for years, not so with 6.

GT5 had a launch week of 2 million and is now at 11 million...if it was a dissapointment it would have stopped selling after holiday season 2010 but it ended up having tremendous legs and even ended up outselling Halo Reach which had a launch week that was almost double GT5's. And GT5 was possibly bundeled just as much or slightly less than the like of Halo Reach. As for why GT6 pre order sales are so low...

1. GT6 barely has any hype compared to GT5

2. North America is not exactly a strong region for this franchise (anymore)

3. The launch of next gen

4.  VGC pre orders are hardly ever accurate

Madword said:
The pre-orders will be a bit stunted by the fact there are so many games coming out... I'll still be buying a few current gen games, but most will be on next gen.

Just hope Sony cuts loose the PS3 now, it has an amazing library, they don't need to get their best studios making games for it... let the 3rd parties deal with it, and get a few 2nd party to just prop it up. I dont want to be buying too many games on PS3 next year.

I don't really think many Sony studios will be making ps3 games anymore.  Probably will be Sony Japan Studio making small titles for it and the rest will be 3rd party. Also their san diego studio may keep putting out MLB games for ps3 as well as ps4, but that's probably it. 

Around the Network

Why do people buy new consoles to play the same games? I dont really get it.

Nice, tons of next gen games on the charts.

I have faith in GT6. Like previously said, there is almost no hype for it compared to GT5. Coupled with the launch of next gen, and it's shaping up to be in the 7 million LTD. It'll pick up with great legs as well.

2013 might just be the best year of the Ps3 software wise.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

nnodley said:
Madword said:

I don't really think many Sony studios will be making ps3 games anymore.  Probably will be Sony Japan Studio making small titles for it and the rest will be 3rd party. Also their san diego studio may keep putting out MLB games for ps3 as well as ps4, but that's probably it. 

Yeah thats my hope.... that smaller "tester" studios... ones that need to prove their worth to Sony before they give them bigger better work will make PS3 content. That's normally how Sony works as far as i can tell.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Nem said:
Why do people buy new consoles to play the same games? I dont really get it.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with just games. Game dvr, play while you download, skype and play games at the same time, remote play on Vita, and other features. People actually care about these things.