By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

DucksUnlimited said:

MDMAlliance said:

Yes, overlapping market.  You seem to not understand that having a system that's like a console but plays handheld games is meant to appeal to people who do play console games, and enjoy handheld games as well.  I doubt they would make it for the very few handheld games that a typical console gamer would enjoy (because that becomes way too limited).  If you don't understand that much, it's hopeless.

Also, predicting the success of anything before it comes out is not conjecture.  You can predict the success of something based off of much more concrete information (and just because it doesn't come true doesn't mean it's conjecture.  What makes it conjecture is the fact that there's a large portion of mystery to it).

You're acting as though handheld games and console games are completely seperate in the way they play, which is in no way true. Other than being visually scaled back, handheld games are generally the same as console games in function and design, aside from a few rare exceptions. Nobody would think twice if Soul Sacrifice had been announced for PS3, or FE:A was a WiiU game.

There's incomplete information for every unreleased device, so yes, predicting their success is conjecture, by definition. You can argue the degree of that statement, but not the accuracy of it.

They aren't completely different, and I wasn't claiming they were either.  However, some changes are made to handheld games so it is better suited for playing on the go.  While it is definitely easier to put a handheld game to a console than console to handheld, there is still a difference in how the games are designed.  That difference may not matter to someone who plays both handheld and console games.  However, a person who refuses to play handheld games for that very reason will have very little reason to buy a PS Vita at any price.  

Also, for your second paragraph, you said for anything.  An unreleased device, in particular, would always be conjecture.  For a video game itself, there's a lot of ways to predict the success without using incomplete information (in regard to make a prediction, since incomplete information by itself makes talking about anything conjecture whether it's predicting or not).  Essentially what I'm saying is that we have really no data that can tell us how the PS Vita TV will do, short term or long term.  Pre-orders for hardware act much differently than those for software.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
tbone51 said:

isnt there a list of vita games that cant be played on vita tv? I think it included uncharted/gravity rush.

I was under the assumption that DS4 compatability would fix that (assuming the touchpad/screen is the reason for the compatability issues.)

Yea by the time it launches in the west, A LOT more games should be compatible.

GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
If psvita bring us third party support then yes

Yh, that's what I mean. It should bring in support. I think it will still sell like hotcakes no matter what. $100 for so many features(PS4 Remote Play, Vita Games, PS3 Gaikai Streaming, Photo and Video archive, Internet, PSN and PS+. PS1 and PSP games,etc) is a good deal. You all will see.........

I don't think emulation was ever a thing that  make people buy a console.

I will reiterate. You all will see. It's a lot of value for your buck. It's a neat little device, it'll do well. It even sold out in preorders in Japan the first day. I don't understand all the hate for it from here. Everywhere else I've been hearing nothing but praise. Well we'll see how it does.

Even without vita tv vita will do ok  in Japan you know why because in Japan vita has some support from third party in west is a different story .

When you buy something you have main reason and secondery reason,the main reason is to play vita game if you don't like vita game you won't buy it to play psp and ps1 because you could buy a vita and many people already have a psp and play all the game they like.

That's one thing I can admit is promising. Japanese support. Western support on the other hand though...

I really don't understand 3rd party in west,Sony did everything to make port fron ps3 to Vita easy but third party don't use this opportunity every  multiplatform game on ps3/xbox360 should also be in Vita,Konami refuse  to make pes on vita,EA give us shit port of Fifa despite the first game in Vita outsold the 3ds,psp and xbox360 one,Activision refuse to make a port of COD MW3 on vita but announced it to Wii u despite all other COD on wii u sold like shit

I think japan can even save western psvita sale game like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy are popular in Japan but also in west.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

PSVita and PSVita Tv share the same OS,the same menu and the same game so it should count like a vita

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

PSVita and PSVita Tv share the same OS,the same menu and the same game so it should count like a vita

Vita is a handheld, Vita TV is essenially a micro-console.

Around the Network
small44 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, they are in the same family. Each will help each other in the long run, I hope.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:

It dosn't matter they are still both a Vita,if you chance the box of a ps3 it will still a ps3 because it has the same os,the same menu and the same games

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

No... if anything it will outsell the vita at this rate

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:

It dosn't matter they are still both a Vita,if you chance the box of a ps3 it will still a ps3 because it has the same os,the same menu and the same games

But if you made a handheld PS3, it would not be a PS3.

small44 said:
curl-6 said:
small44 said:
curl-6 said:

then WiiU would count with Wii Sales. It has the same menu's as well