By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
If psvita bring us third party support then yes

Yh, that's what I mean. It should bring in support. I think it will still sell like hotcakes no matter what. $100 for so many features(PS4 Remote Play, Vita Games, PS3 Gaikai Streaming, Photo and Video archive, Internet, PSN and PS+. PS1 and PSP games,etc) is a good deal. You all will see.........

I don't think emulation was ever a thing that  make people buy a console.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Wright said:

Seriously, I doubt it and I don't understand this move. Vita TV must be connected to a...TV (If I'm not wrong), thus rendering useless the fact that the Vita was supposed to be a handheld console.

Exactly, I think ps vita tv is a completly different device. Its not a handheld but people want it to be part of its sales. I personally think it'll outsell vita and be a big hit in US/Europe.

That's a good thing. It's still part of the Vita family and people are bound to buy Vita software for it. I think it will help the Vita if the Vita TV succeeds.

Let's say Vita sells 15 million by end of 2014 and Vita TV sells 30 million. That means combined base is 45 million. Developers would find it ok to make games for Vita and think it wouldn't go to waste. People also think of this as an OUYA killer, lol.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:

Yh, that's what I mean. It should bring in support. I think it will still sell like hotcakes no matter what. $100 for so many features(PS4 Remote Play, Vita Games, PS3 Gaikai Streaming, Photo and Video archive, Internet, PSN and PS+. PS1 and PSP games,etc) is a good deal. You all will see.........

I will reiterate. You all will see. It's a lot of value for your buck. It's a neat little device, it'll do well. It even sold out in preorders in Japan the first day. I don't understand all the hate for it from here. Everywhere else I've been hearing nothing but praise. Well we'll see how it does.

EricFabian said:
if save is reach 3DS sales, so no, never, but sure it can help

I don't believe he asked if it could achieve 3DS sales and It doesn't need to achieve 3DS sales to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Anyhow, I think it will certainly make the Vita userbase larger and that could help software support. I'll gladly buy a Vita TV if it adds support for Uncharted and Killzone for the NA launch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

GdaTyler said:
tbone51 said:
Wright said:

Seriously, I doubt it and I don't understand this move. Vita TV must be connected to a...TV (If I'm not wrong), thus rendering useless the fact that the Vita was supposed to be a handheld console.

Exactly, I think ps vita tv is a completly different device. Its not a handheld but people want it to be part of its sales. I personally think it'll outsell vita and be a big hit in US/Europe.

That's a good thing. It's still part of the Vita family and people are bound to buy Vita software for it. I think it will help the Vita if the Vita TV succeeds.

Let's say Vita sells 15 million by end of 2014 and Vita TV sells 30 million. That means combined base is 45 million. Developers would find it ok to make games for Vita and think it wouldn't go to waste. People also think of this as an OUYA killer, lol.

Ouya killed itself before Vita TV was announced lol! Nintendo should make a 3DS TV JK (or maybe not). Vita TV will sell great. 30mil though is too high by 2014. 10mil-20mil is a better estimate. We Will see soon enough

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
EricFabian said:
if save is reach 3DS sales, so no, never, but sure it can help

I don't believe he asked if it could achieve 3DS sales and It doesn't need to achieve 3DS sales to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Anyhow, I think it will certainly make the Vita userbase larger and that could help software support. I'll gladly buy a Vita TV if it adds support for Uncharted and Killzone for the NA launch.

OMG I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING AND COMMENTING POSITIVELY!!!

GdaTyler said:

I will reiterate. You all will see. It's a lot of value for your buck. It's a neat little device, it'll do well. It even sold out in preorders in Japan the first day. I don't understand all the hate for it from here. Everywhere else I've been hearing nothing but praise. Well we'll see how it does.

I don't hate the device. I'm just saying that I don't see point in buying a micro-console if you're planning to buy a Ps4. The value is overshadowed by the Ps4 and the Vita itself.

GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:

Even without vita tv vita will do ok  in Japan you know why because in Japan vita has some support from third party in west is a different story .

When you buy something you have main reason and secondery reason,the main reason is to play vita game if you don't like vita game you won't buy it to play psp and ps1 because you could buy a vita and many people already have a psp and play all the game they like.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:
GdaTyler said:
small44 said:

Even without vita tv vita will do ok  in Japan you know why because in Japan vita has some support from third party in west is a different story .

When you buy something you have main reason and secondery reason,the main reason is to play vita game if you don't like vita game you won't buy it to play psp and ps1 because you could buy a vita and many people already have a psp and play all the game they like.

That's one thing I can admit is promising. Japanese support. Western support on the other hand though...

I think vita tv will do great. It's only $100 at launch which is unheard of. In a few years with gaikai people could be buying these as ps3 replacements.