By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita? 
I was thinking, can this thing save a struggling handheld? The vicious cycle the PS Vita is dealing with is: poor sales
, no games and no games, no sales. If this thing can attract a big majority of gamers who are ones who don't have
handhelds, it could be a hit. Of course PS Vita software will get a big boost. So when more games are sold, maybe
 developers will think that their games will not go to waste and they will jump in.  

Vita TV is Japan-only for now come November 14th. The good news is that Sony is aware that people in the west
are very interested so maybe it has a good chance of making it here.  

About the touch-based games. Didn't they say that DualShock 4 will eventually become supported through a patch?
Someone tell me, would this make touch-based games like Killzone Mercenary kind of work in a way? Like a button
can bring up a cursor or something so you can use the DS4 touchpad? Please tell me if you heard anything like that.  

So, do you think Vita TV will help the PS Vita? 

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

It could, I guess that we'll find out.

if save is reach 3DS sales, so no, never, but sure it can help

Click HERE and be happy 

Nope.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... No...

Around the Network

I think software sales would go through the roof since this should appeal to gamers who have many different needs. The low price and the fact that it's selling on the same day as GE2 will be a good start imo.

What does saving the Vita mean?

Lawlight said:

It actually does need saving. It's only at 5.7 million and it doesn't show many signs of improvement. Sony lost Monster Hunter and developers won't make games for the Vita. Indies are great but it will need more than that to succeed. Hopefully Vita TV will increase the install base and increase developer trust and support.

the-pi-guy said:
Lawlight said:

Reaching sales, where people feel that it is no longer doomed, so 1 billion units or so.  

Not 1 billion, lol. At least 20 million would make me worry less.

GdaTyler said:
Lawlight said:

It actually does need saving. It's only at 5.7 million and it doesn't show many signs of improvement. Sony lost Monster Hunter and developers won't make games for the Vita. Indies are great but it will need more than that to succeed. Hopefully Vita TV will increase the install base and increase developer trust and support.

I'm am pretty sure it is fairly well supported in Japan. In the west, handhelds are supported, not even the 3DS. In the west, it's the best platform to play your indies on.