By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

no, VitaTV owners probably won't get a Vita after all because Vita itself is still an expensive handheld gaming device to most people, even Vita2000 also won't help, i think if Vita3000 comes with much better value and another price cut then might help... hopefully...

Around the Network
VGhippy said:
To be honest despite having a Vita I would really like Sony to just discontinue it and put all it's developers into PS3 and PS4 game production, and have the Vita exclusive games like Wipeout, Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice ect brought over to the PS3 or upscale them to the PS4 at 1080/60fps. I know Sony want to relive the great times they had with the PSP, but we have to face it, it's not coming back, and they are burning so much money releasing great games on a platform where they will only get a fraction of the sales they would on a home console. Not to mention weakening the PS3/PS4 lineup. If you think about it, the Vita has really been a huge gift to Microsoft in the home console wars.

^^^^

That's what you call giving up, folks!

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

VGhippy said:
To be honest despite having a Vita I would really like Sony to just discontinue it and put all it's developers into PS3 and PS4 game production, and have the Vita exclusive games like Wipeout, Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice ect brought over to the PS3 or upscale them to the PS4 at 1080/60fps. I know Sony want to relive the great times they had with the PSP, but we have to face it, it's not coming back, and they are burning so much money releasing great games on a platform where they will only get a fraction of the sales they would on a home console. Not to mention weakening the PS3/PS4 lineup. If you think about it, the Vita has really been a huge gift to Microsoft in the home console wars.

PS3 have tons of games,PS4 and Xboxone are the best launch line up ever so let's Vita buyer enjoy with their Vita,Sony eill not discontinue it,they won't abondon Vita owners

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

VGhippy said:

Discontinuing the Vita after advertising it as a companion device for the PS4 would not be good for Sony. It would not only show that Sony has no faith in their product but in their overall vision and strategy in the gaming market. It would just be a massive PR disaster if they run and quit now. 

Their best option is to lower the Vita's production (I think this has already been done), as it has found its niche audience. If they can advertise the VTV better and help localize those most wanted games stuck in Japan. Then maybe Sony could turn the Vita's fortunes around.

Edit: The PSV cannot relive the PSP success because Sony made a mistake by going with a western centric strategy on a handheld device which is not the core strength of the PSP. The only thing Sony can do is try to make the Vita into the next comeback kid (not necessarily going in par with the PSP sales) but at least within a respectable range when its life cycle ends.

small44 said:

You can play wii games on WII U because Wii U emulate Wii but you can't play Wii U Games on your Wii that's why Wii and Wii U are not the same console,But PSVita and PSVita TV has the same game you can play PSVita game on PSVita TV but you also can  play PSVita TV game on your PSVita that's why they should track PSVita TV as a PSVita

@bolded: WiiU does not emulate Wii. The WiiU hardware advancement is an extension of the Wii's base hardware; it's true hardware backwards compatibility, not emulation.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
GdaTyler said:
All I'm saying is that Vita TV and Vita should all collectively sell so that they can achieve success. They are both Vita models. One is portable, one isn't. It's still a Vita.

but not a handheld, are a cell phone and house phone the same thing even if its the same? No its not. I know vita tv will sell well, dont get me wrong. But sales shouldn't be added together cuz then Vita+ps3 numbers should be added together or GCN+Wii or DS+3DS!

As a developer, imagine wanting to make a game for PSVITA and PSVITA.TV. You only have to make ONE game! They are no different than the 3DS and 2DS, as far as development goes. Vita is a handheld, and Vita.TV is a home console, but at the end of the day they both play the exact same games. That's all that matters.

Vita and PS3 don't play the same games, gamecube and wii don't play the same games, and DS and 3DS don't play the same games. They are completely different.

archbrix said:
small44 said:

You can play wii games on WII U because Wii U emulate Wii but you can't play Wii U Games on your Wii that's why Wii and Wii U are not the same console,But PSVita and PSVita TV has the same game you can play PSVita game on PSVita TV but you also can  play PSVita TV game on your PSVita that's why they should track PSVita TV as a PSVita

@bolded: WiiU does not emulate Wii. The WiiU hardware advancement is an extension of the Wii's base hardware; it's true hardware backwards compatibility, not emulation.

It's more of a combo of both actually.

The Vita TV might save the Vita through third parties.  Just like Sony with the PSP, Sony just doesn't care to give enough support to the Vita.  They don't attempt to get games localized for their western audience to get games over here. 

Sony is constantly saying how there are an average of 10 games sold per Vita, but what are they doing about it?  They're not doing shit.  They're not doing anything to get more games to us.  It's like.  Thanks for buying lots of games, but you're shit out of luck.  You get what you get. 

kupomogli said:
Only if third parties attempt to save the system, because Sony won't. Sony doesn't give a shit about saving the Vita. With the constant support they're pushing towards the PS3 and the constant support towards the PS4, the Vita is getting just as much Sony support as the PSP did.

It dosn't matter who big the support of Vita by Sony is strong ,without third party support Vita will not sold well

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

GdaTyler said:

^^^^

That's what you call giving up, folks!

Call it what you want, but these great games deserve better sales. They deserve better than a 5 inch screen. They deserve better than the Vita.

So much heart went into Killzone Mercenary only for it to get 2-3% of the sales of its console counterparts. It's not even a joke now, it's an utter tragedy.

JoeTheBro said:
archbrix said:
small44 said:

It's more of a combo of both actually.

How so?