By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii's success ultimately hurt HD console sales? or help?

feel free to throw in your 2 cents, no bashing others please.

Here's what I think

in short term (next 2-3 years)

It's going to continue to drain sales from PS360, due to its low price point and family orientation, people will choose it for the family gathering events. Also, it introduces new generation (or old) into gaming. People who never played gaming before.

In the long term (5-10 years)

You will see HD formats become close to 100% of all families, and people who owns a Wii finally look at PS360 (now with lowered prices) as their second console/next console. Sure Wii 2 will sale as well, but now PS360 will have a bigger userbase to gather owners from.

Conclusion, Wii brings in new users, Bigger user-base = Good for all industry = Good for PS360

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

i think it wont help them because when wii2 launches it will most likely have HD

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

>I don't get it. How would they be closer to families when they never were intended to be that and their games don't support the "family" stuff.

don't get what you are saying... but Family do grow up. and sometimes their taste changes,

But all I'm saying is. 5 years from now, there will be a bigger userbase than we see today.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

by time hd become standard the next gen systems will be out in Nintendo already said there next system will be hd.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

as brute and Soriku said,
In 5 to 10 years, Wii2 will be the dominant HD console.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

In 5 years the next generation consoles will be out or just around the corner and 360/PS3 will not be able to gain sales by that time since the will be last gen.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

In 5 years new systems will come out and make this generations of systems look old. People like new things so they would buy the new system over the old ps3 or 360 but by then all consoles will be HD.

>In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

Can I use that as my sig? Please?

selnor
Episode 2:

I think it will just hurt them, in that 5-10 years the new systems will be coming out

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

kingofwale said:
>In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

Can I use that as my sig? Please?

well in 5 years new systems will most likely come out,you think that the consoles will still be hot in 2013

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"