By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

Conina said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
It sold more than on the DS but in the grand scheme of things? Dunno seems a tad on the miniscule side.

I mean it did worse than Fire Emblem Awakening did.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/5165/grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/fire-emblem-awakening/Global/

So 7.5 million sales is now worse than 1 million sales?

2 million units in the first 10 weeks is worse than 0.4 million units?

I can't speak for him, but I would say that he could be talking about relative to the norms of the franchise.  Though the wording doesn't seem like it.

Around the Network

Since when was China Town Warriors Liberty City?

The only one talking about Chinatown Wars is you.

Its obvious, he meant the real PSP GTA games, not the DS-port.

DevilRising said:

And quite frankly, cutting past the fat of your clever remark, I wasn't "trolling" this thread. I was pointing out a fact. The thread title is asking Vita owners what could compel them to buy a 3DS. I answered: games. Because while Vita is a perfectly good portable console, it has a severe games deficiancy, as in it needs a lot more of them. That is a sentiment that I've heard echoed by every single Vita owner I've ever talked to. Have a nice day.

Now I call total bullshit on this! Every single Vita owner I know, including me, struggles to find time to play all these "no gaemz". Seriously, before you ever repeat that crap again, check how many games did 3DS and Vita get in 2013.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Conina said:

The only one talking about Chinatown Wars is you.

Its obvious, he meant the real PSP GTA games, not the DS-port.

Shit I didnt even know about Liberty City being on the PSP so speak for yourself.

It has no "games" if you own every other system its library pulls from besides its exclusives

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

So what would get you to purchase one? Or even consider it?

A new and proper Paper Mario.  That is it.  But the console would have to be no more than $100, and I would prefer it not be handheld.  

I miss Paper Mario (Own both an N64 and Gamecube), but every single one made after it has been terrible so I don't even want them...

It sold more than on the DS but in the grand scheme of things? Dunno seems a tad on the miniscule side.

I mean it did worse than Fire Emblem Awakening did.

You're aware that GTA sold 7.5 and 3.5 million on PSP, right?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MohammadBadir said:
outlawauron said:
Rogerioandrade said:
With games like Shin Megami Tensei, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Etrian Odissey, Fire Emblem, Virtue´s Last Reward, Metal Gear Solid, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney, Hakouki, Starship Damrey, BlazBlue etc....

....that "3ds has no games for adults" argument is tottally flawed

Listing game that haven't released do not help your argument (as do listing game that are available on the other platform).

that pretty much bleeps out most of the Vita's library.

Wat?

Nearly every great Vita game isn't on 3DS. Some are multiplatform, but those are shared with PS3 or PC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Miguel_Zorro said:
I already have a Vita, iPhone, iPad to game on when I'm mobile. I have an unopened Galaxy 2 tablet too. So I probably wouldn't have time to play a 3DS and wouldn't have a reason to buy one given the only time I play my Vita is when I'm on vacation or traveling for work.

You can at least check out the 3DS library before saying no:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

There's Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

michel3105 said:
You're the perfect market shrill actually^ Full of buzz terms
Y'all need to come up with better arguments for real

3DS has Metal Gear, it has Castlevania, It has resident evil, it has Shin Megami Tensei, it has Virtues Last Reward,it has Tom Clancy.
Are you a gamer or not? Or are you deprived of any sense of fealty

I've got Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Virtue Last Reward... but on the Vita, actually!...

As for the other games, I don't like them and, in fact, I never bought them, on any platform, including the PS3.

Sorry, but if my tastes are not enough a strong argument for you, what can I do? :)

As I said, I've nothing against Nintendo or 3DS, but I'm not attracted by the software line up; the focus of the system is clearly toward a 7-14 audience, it's region locked, the few serious games it has I can get elsewhere. The exclusives are stuff like Mario, Pokemon, Tomodachi, Style Savvy... Great games, probably, but not for me. Amen.

What about Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

There's a lot more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games