By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

Kaizar said:
MDMAlliance said:

Look at how many posts I've had.  Do you really think I follow you everywhere?  You just happen to pop up in places I have posted already or plan on posting in.  

I rarely post something that is crap about another user.  If I say anything that's "crap" about another user, it's usually not crap and most people would agree on it.  Otherwise I would have been moderated.  Out of my nearly 3,000 posts here I have been warned two times.  First time was to say someone was "trolling" (to someone other than the person I was referring to) and the second time was for using the word "idiot."  Otherwise, my record is pretty clean here.

No ones ever agreed with you on anything.

And you never comment anything, you just spamming & flaming & trolling.

All you ever do is insult random users.

And you have been banned several times already.

If you ask any mod, they can tell you I have not had a single ban here.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:
I would buy it if there was any of my favorite franchises in it, which are Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo & Kazooie, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush or inFamous.

You will love Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Lego City Undercover & Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 & Cave Story 3D & HarmoKnight & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & lego City Undercover & Star Fox 64 3D & Rodea the Sky Soldier & etc.

Well, everybody has their own games which got their interest and grew up with. Personally, I don't have intereset in any one of the games you said(no offence) because i grew up with Sony consoles just like you grew up with Nintendo which got your intereset. So, everyone may not love all the games you mentioned from 3DS and they decided to not to buy one(this applies to Vita and other consoles as well). Also some people want to play their franchies of Home console on the go when they are away and continue the same game in Home when they are back which is happening only in Playstation. So, these kind of gaming is not possible in 3DS and Wii U(mostly because they have their respective versions instead of same game on both consoles where Vita, PS3 and PS4 in future have few same games and remote play/gaika enables many games. You should not mention/ask others to love the franchises you love and buy a 3DS for your games which i think is not fair.

PS: Sorry if i was rude

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

I just don't have the time nor really the money to get a 3DS right now. I work at my computer most hours of the day since I'm in full development. Sure it gives me lots of minute long breaks to read forums and post, but nothing more than that. In fact I played my first game today in almost a month. Got an hour into ICO before I decided it was time to get back to work.

This holiday I'm getting both PS4 and XBONE so even with holiday hours it wouldn't really make sense for me to buy a 3DS. Hopefully I'll be getting a lot more free time early next year and I'll get one then. It has tons of great games that I really really need to play.

JoeTheBro said:
I just don't have the time nor really the money to get a 3DS right now. I work at my computer most hours of the day since I'm in full development. Sure it gives me lots of minute long breaks to read forums and post, but nothing more than that. In fact I played my first game today in almost a month. Got an hour into ICO before I decided it was time to get back to work.

This holiday I'm getting both PS4 and XBONE so even with holiday hours it wouldn't really make sense for me to buy a 3DS. Hopefully I'll be getting a lot more free time early next year and I'll get one then. It has tons of great games that I really really need to play.

Yep, for me too same thing and I can't get enough time to play Games everyday  due to work so this makes me to give priority on which consoles i should be playing instead of having every console. But, Sony made it simple with their consoles using their Gaikai service which enables allmost all the Playstation games amonth PS4, Vita and PS3 in future. So, owning any one of the device is enough to play almost all the playstaion games.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

In the end, I think that the legitimate question posted by spurgeonryan has been answered.

Some people didn't like the answers, but I see a common theme to them: games. Not the quantity of them, but the quality.

So, it's not really the price, the graphics or the region locking (although the last one is very important to me).

To give one final, very frank response to the orginal question, what would make me purchase a 3ds is the removal of region locking and the appearance of an ORIGINAL, BEAUTIFUL and INTELLIGENT Metal Gear game directed and produced by Kojima-san. I don't expect anything in the league of Metal Gear Soild 5, but more a follow-up to MGS Peace Walker, with short and difficult missions coupled with strategic intermissions.

Sorry, guys, but, again, not interested in Mario/Pokemon/Batman/Cooking Mama/Monster Hunter/Sponge Bob/Lego/Barbie kind of games. Neither on 3ds nor on any platform.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

So what would get you to purchase one? Or even consider it?

A new and proper Paper Mario.  That is it.  But the console would have to be no more than $100, and I would prefer it not be handheld.  

I miss Paper Mario (Own both an N64 and Gamecube), but every single one made after it has been terrible so I don't even want them...

but Super Paper Mario was awesome...

outlawauron said:
MohammadBadir said:
outlawauron said:
Rogerioandrade said:
With games like Shin Megami Tensei, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Etrian Odissey, Fire Emblem, Virtue´s Last Reward, Metal Gear Solid, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney, Hakouki, Starship Damrey, BlazBlue etc....

....that "3ds has no games for adults" argument is tottally flawed

Listing game that haven't released do not help your argument (as do listing game that are available on the other platform).

that pretty much bleeps out most of the Vita's library.

Wat?

Nearly every great Vita game isn't on 3DS. Some are multiplatform, but those are shared with PS3 or PC.

most are multiplatform.

Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:
Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:
I would buy it if there was any of my favorite franchises in it, which are Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo & Kazooie, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush or inFamous.

You will love Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Lego City Undercover & Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 & Cave Story 3D & HarmoKnight & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & lego City Undercover & Star Fox 64 3D & Rodea the Sky Soldier & etc.

Well... I'm interested in Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, and Kingdom Hearts DDD, Project X Zone has interesting characters but I don't know if it's my type of game...

Those 3 games and the upcoming Zelda games make me want to buy a 3DS... Just not on the best timing right now :P But maybe next year :D

I'm guessing you'll buy the 3DS XL when you do get one, huh?

I hope Hulu Plus roles in the 3D Movies this year, because Netflix will next year.

Yes! I intend to buy one next year, Hoping there will be a new XL model next year :P

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

I'm a wealthy Vita owner. I've only come across one person on this site with more retail Vita games than me (16). I own a 3DS and depending on the weather, either one will get more play time. Good games are good games and both consoles have them.

I've got about 30 retail vita games to 7 retail 3DS games with another 4-5 retail Vita games I plan to purchase by the end of the year.

Pokemon is the only 3DS game for the rest of the year that I intend buying.

Mohammad Badir, although most Vita games are multi platform, Vita is the only portable version of them. This is the part where Vita is my handheld of choice. I spend a lot of time without access to a TV screen. Vita is the perfect handheld platform making a perfect home console substitute for the times when I can't get to a TV.

The fact that a game is on PS3/360/PC is irrelevant if I'm on the train/plane/bus/at work.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.