By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

biglittlesps said:
Kaizar said:

The 2DS is for ages 6 & under only. So there will be no 2DS XL.

Besides the 3DS & 3DS XL have much more better looking screens then the PS Vita's screen.....if you play the 3DS(XL) with the 3D ON 24/7.

Are you really serious that 3DS screen is better than PS Vita Screen? Mostly people use 3DS with 3D turned off because it hurts eyes but you are saying that 24x7 of 3D looks good and better than PS Vita OLED screen and Capacitive touch screen.

With the 3D ON the 3DS screen looks better.

With the 3D OFF the Vita screen looks better.

This is a well known fact after around 2 years.

The 3D only hurts your eyes if you are old, OR have inbred ancestors.

I luckily don't have either, so 3D doesn't hurt my eyes.

But if I was a senior citizen or an old middle-age man then I would have to worry if I had never did anything to keep my mind & eyes in good shape for such an old age.

If I had inbreeding in my ancestry then I would have problems with 3D, but once again, I don't, so I have never had any problems.

Are you old OR have any inbreeding in your ancestry?

Theres also people with undetected medical disorders, who have problems with 3D.

So you might just have a underline medical disorder you don't know about.

Its one of those 3 problems that people have, who make up 4% to 10% of the population for people with 2 working eyes who have problems with 3D.

Does 3D make you fall asleep?

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Why most Vita lovers only care about graphics ?

Cause they don't care about the games nor actuall AAA games.

I like the Sega Dreamcast & PS2 & 3DS, more then all other video game systems.

I don't know why PS Vita owners have a hard time understanding gamers like myself and call me a Nintendo fanboy.

I just see the 3DS & Wii U doing better in gaming this Gen.

I skipped both the PS3 & Wii and I'm proud of it.

MikeRox said:
michel3105 said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
You're the perfect market shrill actually^ Full of buzz terms
Y'all need to come up with better arguments for real

3DS has Metal Gear, it has Castlevania, It has resident evil, it has Shin Megami Tensei, it has Virtues Last Reward,it has Tom Clancy.
Are you a gamer or not? Or are you deprived of any sense of fealty

I've got Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Virtue Last Reward... but on the Vita, actually!...

As for the other games, I don't like them and, in fact, I never bought them, on any platform, including the PS3.

Sorry, but if my tastes are not enough a strong argument for you, what can I do? :)

As I said, I've nothing against Nintendo or 3DS, but I'm not attracted by the software line up; the focus of the system is clearly toward a 7-14 audience, it's region locked, the few serious games it has I can get elsewhere. The exclusives are stuff like Mario, Pokemon, Tomodachi, Style Savvy... Great games, probably, but not for me. Amen.

I agree entirely, the 3DS also has serious gaping gaps in genres and offers the worst version of cross format games whereas Vita tends to offer the best handheld version of a game. 

Where are the racing games on 3DS? I'm gutted there isn't currently an F-Zero announced. Mario Kart is great, but I WANT MOAR!

The "Mature game" argument also cracks me up. Some people on here keep firing off lists and clearly have no idea how much great software is actually available on Vita. Especially as they keep quoting games which are cross format and run better on Vita.

Come on guys, people who prefer the Vita to the 3DS have very valid reasons for doing so. There's no need to bombard anyone who prefers Vita with lists of games that don't appeal to them. Especially when you're clearly not clued up about the several hundred Vita titles that are available and seem to only know of the launch lineup.

Sonic Racing Transfored runs at 60 fps with the 3D On on the 3DS, aft you play it for an hour with at least firmware 5.0. The other version run at 30 fps in 2D, excluding PC. And only the Wii U version does HD, excluding PC.

Ridge Racer is way more better on the 3DS then the Vita.

The 3DS is getting a possible Mario/Sonic Kart Racing crossover game.

There are many other M rated games on the 3DS as well as many other T rated games on the 3DS.

Plus there's Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

There's a lot more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Miguel_Zorro said:
Kaizar said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
I already have a Vita, iPhone, iPad to game on when I'm mobile. I have an unopened Galaxy 2 tablet too. So I probably wouldn't have time to play a 3DS and wouldn't have a reason to buy one given the only time I play my Vita is when I'm on vacation or traveling for work.

You can at least check out the 3DS library before saying no:

There's Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

I'm not interested in games that are on other platforms but of those that are exclusive to 3DS, I'm sure many of them are great.  As I said, it's more a function of time to play them for me.  I have enough games collecting dust without buying more.

Good point, but the 3DS has a 3D camera to take 3D photos & 3D Videos with, plus you can stream 3D videos online via eShop and upcoming library on Netflix & Hulu Plus. You can also buy 3D Movies to watch in glasses-free 3D on the 3DS(XL).

Streaming 2 different 60 fps videos (3D, 120 refresh rate since the 1930's) online is a lot better then streaming 1 30 fps video (2D, 24 refresh rate since the 1930's) online.

Theres also 3D Augemnted Reality.

PlayMatt said:
I would buy it if there was any of my favorite franchises in it, which are Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo & Kazooie, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush or inFamous.

You will love Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Lego City Undercover & Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 & Cave Story 3D & HarmoKnight & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & lego City Undercover & Star Fox 64 3D & Rodea the Sky Soldier & etc.

Around the Network
nitekrawler1285 said:
Nintendo only has 2 ips that interest me now. Smash Bros and Pokemon. It's hard to buy a system for 2 games. I guess I might give Bravely Default a shot if I had a 3DS cause I love old school beat em ups. MML3 got cancelled :-/ So either a vastly cheaper console (more like 1DS instead of 3DS)or more games that interest me would be what might move me to get a 3DS.

On the other hand I already have 3/5 of the games I want on Vita because of PS+. would be 4/5 if I had been downloading the vita offers from the beginning :-/

What about Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & Cave Story 3D & Contra (working title) & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

Kaizar said:

What about Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & Cave Story 3D & Contra (working title) & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

Bravely Default doesn't have a sequel. It only has an updated version which the English speaking market will get (Yay!). No idea why SE named it "Bravely Default: For the Sequel" though. The Japanese sometimes have a weird sense when naming the titles of their games. ^^

Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:
I would buy it if there was any of my favorite franchises in it, which are Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo & Kazooie, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush or inFamous.

You will love Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Lego City Undercover & Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 & Cave Story 3D & HarmoKnight & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & lego City Undercover & Star Fox 64 3D & Rodea the Sky Soldier & etc.

Well... I'm interested in Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, and Kingdom Hearts DDD, Project X Zone has interesting characters but I don't know if it's my type of game...

Those 3 games and the upcoming Zelda games make me want to buy a 3DS... Just not on the best timing right now :P But maybe next year :D

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:
Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:

Well... I'm interested in Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, and Kingdom Hearts DDD, Project X Zone has interesting characters but I don't know if it's my type of game...

Those 3 games and the upcoming Zelda games make me want to buy a 3DS... Just not on the best timing right now :P But maybe next year :D

I'm guessing you'll buy the 3DS XL when you do get one, huh?

I hope Hulu Plus roles in the 3D Movies this year, because Netflix will next year.

MDMAlliance said:
Kaizar said:
MDMAlliance said:
Kaizar said:

Thats still no reason to act like such a creed with a grudge of pure hate for no reason to even hate anyone.

Why do troll everyone or at least just me. What's the purpose? What do you get out of it?

Not sure it qualifies as trolling if I'm just telling it as it is.  I've seen the same copy/pasted "wall of text" that consists of claimed 3DS specs with the occasional comparison to the PS Vita's specs.  I have seen what you commented on a different website and it's the same.  The only times you aren't pasting something a hundred times, you're lashing out like you do when I call you out on it.  

You are saying I do things out of spite, or that I just hate everything.  I don't see where you get the angry tone from, because it isn't there.  The only person upset in all of this is you.  

Then why come you follow me on every thread I go to, to just say crap about me?

This is the first time I've seen you post something that's wasn't saying crap about a user and nothing more.

Look at how many posts I've had.  Do you really think I follow you everywhere?  You just happen to pop up in places I have posted already or plan on posting in.  

I rarely post something that is crap about another user.  If I say anything that's "crap" about another user, it's usually not crap and most people would agree on it.  Otherwise I would have been moderated.  Out of my nearly 3,000 posts here I have been warned two times.  First time was to say someone was "trolling" (to someone other than the person I was referring to) and the second time was for using the word "idiot."  Otherwise, my record is pretty clean here.

No ones ever agreed with you on anything.

And you never comment anything, you just spamming & flaming & trolling.

All you ever do is insult random users.

And you have been banned several times already.