By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

MikeRox said:
I've got about 30 retail vita games to 7 retail 3DS games with another 4-5 retail Vita games I plan to purchase by the end of the year.

Pokemon is the only 3DS game for the rest of the year that I intend buying.

Mohammad Badir, although most Vita games are multi platform, Vita is the only portable version of them. This is the part where Vita is my handheld of choice. I spend a lot of time without access to a TV screen. Vita is the perfect handheld platform making a perfect home console substitute for the times when I can't get to a TV.

The fact that a game is on PS3/360/PC is irrelevant if I'm on the train/plane/bus/at work.

I'm with you.  The fact that The Walking Dead, Mortal Kombat, SFxTekken etc. are on other consoles is irrelevant to me.  I bought them for Vita (sometimes in addition to the console versions) for the specific purpose of playing them on the go.  I'm like the opposite of you, though.  I own about 25 retail 3DS games.  But the fact remains the same--both consoles are awesome.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Captain_Tom said:
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

So what would get you to purchase one? Or even consider it?

A new and proper Paper Mario.  That is it.  But the console would have to be no more than $100, and I would prefer it not be handheld.  

I miss Paper Mario (Own both an N64 and Gamecube), but every single one made after it has been terrible so I don't even want them...

but Super Paper Mario was awesome...

Please don't compare that abomination to the Thousand Year Door.  Thank You.

Captain_Tom said:
MohammadBadir said:
Captain_Tom said:
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

A new and proper Paper Mario.  That is it.  But the console would have to be no more than $100, and I would prefer it not be handheld.  

I miss Paper Mario (Own both an N64 and Gamecube), but every single one made after it has been terrible so I don't even want them...

Super Paper Mario >  TTYD

Kaizar said:

With the 3D ON the 3DS screen looks better.

With the 3D OFF the Vita screen looks better.

This is a well known fact after around 2 years.

The 3D only hurts your eyes if you are old, OR have inbred ancestors.

I luckily don't have either, so 3D doesn't hurt my eyes.

But if I was a senior citizen or an old middle-age man then I would have to worry if I had never did anything to keep my mind & eyes in good shape for such an old age.

If I had inbreeding in my ancestry then I would have problems with 3D, but once again, I don't, so I have never had any problems.

Are you old OR have any inbreeding in your ancestry?

Theres also people with undetected medical disorders, who have problems with 3D.

So you might just have a underline medical disorder you don't know about.

Its one of those 3 problems that people have, who make up 4% to 10% of the population for people with 2 working eyes who have problems with 3D.

Does 3D make you fall asleep?

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

This is golden.

brendude13 said:
Kaizar said:

With the 3D ON the 3DS screen looks better.

With the 3D OFF the Vita screen looks better.

This is a well known fact after around 2 years.

The 3D only hurts your eyes if you are old, OR have inbred ancestors.

I luckily don't have either, so 3D doesn't hurt my eyes.

But if I was a senior citizen or an old middle-age man then I would have to worry if I had never did anything to keep my mind & eyes in good shape for such an old age.

If I had inbreeding in my ancestry then I would have problems with 3D, but once again, I don't, so I have never had any problems.

Are you old OR have any inbreeding in your ancestry?

Theres also people with undetected medical disorders, who have problems with 3D.

So you might just have a underline medical disorder you don't know about.

Its one of those 3 problems that people have, who make up 4% to 10% of the population for people with 2 working eyes who have problems with 3D.

Does 3D make you fall asleep?

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

This is golden.

I don't understand why he wasn't banned sooner?! His 3DS threads are pure trolling.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

What about Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate & the 3 Resident Evil games (2 are out now) & Bravely Default 1 & 2 & King of Pirates 1 & 2 & 3 & Rodea the Sky Soldeir & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & BloodRayne: The Shroud & Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & Cave Story 3D & Contra (working title) & Beyond the Labyrinth & Youkai Watch & E.X. Troopers & Batman Arkham Origins sequel & Persona (working title) & Lego City Undercover prequel & Monster Hunter 4 & Star Fox 3D & so fort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

If Kid Icarus were  a platformer i might have been interested. But it's a radical change from my expecations and the control scheme sucks from what i hear. I was never terribly big inot SRPGS, I want SotN style castlevania not that.  I haven't played resident evil games since 3. I didn't like the first Luigi's Mansion so I doubt this one will appeal to me, I have never bought a DBZ game and dont plan on it.  They aren't the types of fighting games I like.  I have only enjoyed 3 rhythm games ever.  Cave Story might be interesting but I can get that on any platform that I own currently and have yet to bite. Contra definitely interests me but i will need to see how it turns out cause some have not been ideal.  I haven't played  a Batman game cuase i didn't like the demo from the first,  I have only played 2 lego games and that was cause my friend wanted to play it co-op, They are okay. But I don't think GTA meets lego will do much for me since I'm not a big GTA fan either. Stopped playign after GTA 2.  Already played StarFox on many consoles and was never that into it. I prefer 2d shooters of that sort in most cases. Monster Hunter is WAAAYYYY to slow for me to enjoy. Didn't like lost Planet. Dont' see why E.X. troopers would be better.  Yakous watch seems okay looking but i've found level 5 games lacking since rogue galaxy.  Beyond the labrynth looks pretty but the gameplay looks pretty boring to me. 

Looking at that list I only see Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and I'm wary because of what some reviews have claimed, Guild 01 need to do much more research but the idea intrigues me at least, King of Pirates looks cute for sure. But I would need some reviews to guage if the gameplay lines up with my taste. the kinds of games I like simply don't show up on Nintendo consoles that often Except of course Smash Bros.  I used to love Pokemon to death but I'm starting to wish they varied up different things this time around as opposed to mre stuff for the battle system and such.  So I would get XY on the cheap but not even sure it's system selling software for me personally any longer. 

Why can't people have both? and what exactly makes Vita owners wealthy?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Why can't people have both? and what exactly makes Vita owners wealthy?

I interpreted it as "People who own a vita and have enough money to also buy a 3DS and games but haven't yet, what would get you to buy it?"

MohammadBadir said:
Captain_Tom said:
MohammadBadir said:
Captain_Tom said:
spurgeonryan said:

Super Paper Mario >  TTYD

Hey this thread asked me for my opinion, and I gave it.  If you want everyone else's opinion simply look on metacritic and see that it scored lower from critics, and far lower for user scores.

But that's your opinion.  Maybe it isn't a bad game, but it isn't anything like the other ones...  

biglittlesps said:
Kaizar said:
PlayMatt said:
I would buy it if there was any of my favorite franchises in it, which are Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo & Kazooie, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush or inFamous.

You will love Kid Icarus: Uprising & Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Lego City Undercover & Dillon's Rolling Western 1 and 2 & Cave Story 3D & HarmoKnight & Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure & lego City Undercover & Star Fox 64 3D & Rodea the Sky Soldier & etc.

Well, everybody has their own games which got their interest and grew up with. Personally, I don't have intereset in any one of the games you said(no offence) because i grew up with Sony consoles just like you grew up with Nintendo which got your intereset. So, everyone may not love all the games you mentioned from 3DS and they decided to not to buy one(this applies to Vita and other consoles as well). Also some people want to play their franchies of Home console on the go when they are away and continue the same game in Home when they are back which is happening only in Playstation. So, these kind of gaming is not possible in 3DS and Wii U(mostly because they have their respective versions instead of same game on both consoles where Vita, PS3 and PS4 in future have few same games and remote play/gaika enables many games. You should not mention/ask others to love the franchises you love and buy a 3DS for your games which i think is not fair.

PS: Sorry if i was rude

I grew up on PlayStation & Sega & Nintendo.

I never buy a system because of company. I only buy a system because of Software.

I check out all the trailers for new games I have never heard of, and make my decision on that, for unfamiliar games.

Sorry if you got the wrong impression from my earlier comment.