By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

Suke said:
My issue with the vita is that the games feel like games I would rather play on the big screen. Console gaming on the go doesn't appeal to me :P

Is VitaTV something you would consider, then?  Seems to solve your biggest issue rather handily.

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
OLED is getting phased out^

I don't think new LCD screens of Vita is worse than 3DS and also sony did not stop OLED models selling yet.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Why most Vita lovers only care about graphics ?

I am not 12 and I have 2 thumbs.

in other words Hell freezing over.

With games like Shin Megami Tensei, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Etrian Odissey, Fire Emblem, Virtue´s Last Reward, Metal Gear Solid, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney, Hakouki, Starship Damrey, BlazBlue etc....

....that "3ds has no games for adults" argument is tottally flawed

Around the Network
michel3105 said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
You're the perfect market shrill actually^ Full of buzz terms
Y'all need to come up with better arguments for real

3DS has Metal Gear, it has Castlevania, It has resident evil, it has Shin Megami Tensei, it has Virtues Last Reward,it has Tom Clancy.
Are you a gamer or not? Or are you deprived of any sense of fealty

I've got Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and Virtue Last Reward... but on the Vita, actually!...

As for the other games, I don't like them and, in fact, I never bought them, on any platform, including the PS3.

Sorry, but if my tastes are not enough a strong argument for you, what can I do? :)

As I said, I've nothing against Nintendo or 3DS, but I'm not attracted by the software line up; the focus of the system is clearly toward a 7-14 audience, it's region locked, the few serious games it has I can get elsewhere. The exclusives are stuff like Mario, Pokemon, Tomodachi, Style Savvy... Great games, probably, but not for me. Amen.

I agree entirely, the 3DS also has serious gaping gaps in genres and offers the worst version of cross format games whereas Vita tends to offer the best handheld version of a game. 

Where are the racing games on 3DS? I'm gutted there isn't currently an F-Zero announced. Mario Kart is great, but I WANT MOAR!

The "Mature game" argument also cracks me up. Some people on here keep firing off lists and clearly have no idea how much great software is actually available on Vita. Especially as they keep quoting games which are cross format and run better on Vita.

Come on guys, people who prefer the Vita to the 3DS have very valid reasons for doing so. There's no need to bombard anyone who prefers Vita with lists of games that don't appeal to them. Especially when you're clearly not clued up about the several hundred Vita titles that are available and seem to only know of the launch lineup.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

^ The only ones making handheld games are the japanese, all the western devs left after the 3DS/Vita's first year on the market

As for the Vita, retail wise, its not moving much. Again the only vita worth having is a Japanese one, if you really gotta play your realistic racer on you're handheld(go play it on a console)

(The 3DS has 4 of those anyway, 3 of them suck .-.)

Wealthy? What? Joke post right?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

You do realise Vita is region free don't you? It doesn't matter what country you buy it in. I don't get why anyone in their right mind would region lock a portable console.

How do you play racers on a console whilst on an 8 hour flight to chicago? Need for Speed Most Wanted at 10,000 feet was amazing! I also have a 1 and a half hour commute to and from work and so this is why I like a handheld console and also so I can game without hogging the TV. I therefore love that Vita is capable of offering a full blown gaming experience unmatched by any other portable gaming device.

Also if you think Vita hasn't had any western games worth playing in 2013, I have no idea how any console can satisfy your gaming requirements.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Japanese PSN.

They get free updates for guilty gear a whole year earlier, so yeah.

Also Sony does some real funky and clunky shit with their set up, so I say screw it. Get a Japanese one. But the games over there, leave. Wonder if the redesign has better joysticks/ergonomics