By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
the reality nothing can save the wiiu, missing out on hd graphics, big third party franshises, online gaming, has made the wii brand irrelevant to gamers, its basically missed out on 7th gen, sure it sold great for a motion gaming device, but thats not what has kept the industry alive for years,, people tried had fun with and forgot about it, thats why nobody cares for the wiiu, and you will what i mean when u see ps4 and xbone sales.

It is a myth that people only bought one or two games for Wii then dumped it. The attach rate of 8 games per consle disproves the idea.

Wii U's performance woes are not the result of the Wii. They are the result of Nintendo doing the shittiest possible job of providing games for Wii U's first year.

ninjablade said:

i didn't make the bet with you, i know the terms, he said they would better and i said it be worst , what does it matter, i'm still up 2-0.

It matters because you claim to be right about "everything" but we have already covered several points you were not right about, one by your own admission.

Shame. I rather liked Ubisoft's Wii support, ever since one of their B-team developers actually managed to make a good Prince of Persia game for the platform.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Ubisoft is literally the last big 3rd party dev that's still trying to support Nintendo, but Ninty still aren't buying the games. At this point, Ubisoft should just start shifting all their focus to the PS4 and XBone. It'll be so much profitable, and people won't have to wor.ry about them gimping next gen versions of their titles so they can run on Wii-U

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

i didn't make the bet with you, i know the terms, he said they would better and i said it be worst , what does it matter, i'm still up 2-0.

This is the bet you made:

i will bet you a 2 week ban bet that multi-paform games will stay inferior to the 360 version, the next 5 multipltform games, the only problem is, we don't even know if there any more MP games coming out anytime soon , with the horrible sales. to me the 6 year thing don't make no differnce, the wii u is based on out dated tech that developers have seen 5 years ago,  i'm  sure  the gpu is only custumized, for the tablet, BC and being very effeciant.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

pezus said:
Th3PANO said:

Nobody an argue with it though. Their games are always well made. Every freaking time, almost no bugs and no day one patches.

That has already been proven wrong.

Patches are not always for fixing bugs either. Sometimes they are to introduce something new or to change the balance of something in the game etc. The few patches for Nintendo games have traditionally been because Nintendo were far behind in the digital space, but now that they seem more interested in it you can be sure that they'll be doing more patches. Fixing or making something better is never bad. You two are implying that Nintendo games are always perfect, and nothing could be fixed, which is ridiculous. They're just behind the times digitally.

There's a difference between optimization and *needing* to make something better, however. How many day-one patches are really just for spit and polish?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mnementh said:
pezus said:
Mnementh said:
pezus said:

So here we are yet again. The 3rd party that has supported WiiU the most is probably ready to stop porting its games any day now. I'm not even sure if they'd do the Just Dance games on WiiU?

When on which platform they intend to sell the series in the future? I'm sure some years down the line, the Wii-version of the game will start to sell less and less.

Xbox and PS. The audience would most likely go towards Kinect if marketed properly. But the barrier is its price so I don't know. WiiU is certainly not going to sell a similar amount of Just Dance games as Wii did.

Did you look at the sales? No, Playstation and XBox doesn't work for the audience. To be fair, the XBox-version sold decently. But even with the big install-base behind compared with WiiU, the XBox-version managed not to well and the PS-version evn only on WiiU-level. Both platforms will soon see the transition to the new gen, with PS4 and XBOX One. What do you think the game will sell on a small install-base?

or maybe the series will just die out like Guitar Hero did before it, it has already started to decline even on Wii JD4 hasnt even outsold the original yet

Well, I bought ZombiU, AC3 and Splinter Cell... And I will buy AC4 and Watch Dogs in the next half year...

oniyide said:
Mnementh said:

Did you look at the sales? No, Playstation and XBox doesn't work for the audience. To be fair, the XBox-version sold decently. But even with the big install-base behind compared with WiiU, the XBox-version managed not to well and the PS-version evn only on WiiU-level. Both platforms will soon see the transition to the new gen, with PS4 and XBOX One. What do you think the game will sell on a small install-base?

or maybe the series will just die out like Guitar Hero did before it, it has already started to decline even on Wii JD4 hasnt even outsold the original yet

Counting all platforms together, it easily outsold JD1. And the Wii-version of JD4 alone is pretty close to JD1. Given, JD1 wasn't multiplat. But that works both way - you could also argue it sold worse on Wii, because some of it's former players bought the game on X360, PS3 or WiiU.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]