By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

ninjablade said:

i remember saying those games won't be available for the holidays this year, and they are not, i'm only wrong on 3d mario which imo won't move consoles.

You also said in June or July that we knew all Nintendo's key games for 2013 and 2014.

Around the Network

Let's be honest, this really isn't rocket science and she's spot on.

People boycotting Ubi Games due to the Rayman delay really don't seem to understand that if they want future Wii U games, the only people they're hurting are themselves.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Scisca said:
JGarret said:
Nintendo should have started taking big steps towards real self sufficiency a looong time ago.

It´s been clear, for quite some time, that chances are slim a Nintendo home console will ever see again the kind of 3rd party support the NES and SNES had.

What they need is truly being self sufficient, not depend on anyone but themselves to carry the system, while avoiding these huge fucking droughts.They need to have the capacity and manpower to be able to release their games at a much quicker pace while maintaining the quality a lot of people have come to expect from them.

Pretty hard, but they have to do it.

Or actually release a real, full-blown next-gen console, based on the x86 architecture, with 8GB RAM and a good GPU... Crazy, I know...

yes because sony and microsoft from the start ALWAYS planned to gave 8gb of ram. This was a last hour decision. we all seen the articles where PS4 started with 4 then microsoft had to match the 8.

Also do you magically thing Nintendo would get 3rd party support? It wouldn't gurantee it. THe fact is they gambled on the controller again and that csot them the money. Just like the kinect has pushed up the price of the xbox one.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

Rayman and Need for Speed proved you wrong. You didn't discount delayed ports until you realized you were about to lose the bet because of one. And then you lost because of Rayman anyway.

Whether you think the games will move consoles or not isn't relevant, what is relevant is that you claim to have been right about "everything" when several of your claims have been proven wrong.

rayman runs the same on all 3 consoles, it was givin the best version cause of the gamepad not the power of the hardware. and if you count need for speed we can count ninja gaiden, that would make it 3-1.

You said they would be inferior. Rayman on Wii U is not inferior.

And okay, let's count both Need for Speed and Ninja Gaiden. It still means your claim that the next 5 Wii U multiplatform games would be inferior on Wii U is incorrect.

the bet is not over and the guy i made the bet doesnt post here anymore, it would be 2-0 i'm leading he said they would run better on wiiu i said they be inferior or on par, we have watch dogs and AC4 if those are inferior then i win cause i doubt were goona many more thrd party support after that, then you have batman orgins.

MikeRox said:

People boycotting Ubi Games due to the Rayman delay really don't seem to understand that if they want future Wii U games, the only people they're hurting are themselves.

Unless they don't care for Ubi's games. About the only games of theirs I've liked since 2005 were Rayman Origins and Red Steel 2.

Around the Network
pezus said:
curl-6 said:

It's still gimping to give one version of a game unequal treatment. They treat Wii U owners like second classs citizens and then wonder why their games don't sell to Nintendo gamers.

Batman will be $10 cheaper on WiiU though. Let's see if that neutralizes the gimping. 

not in aus. ontop of that, we don't get the two special editions so why woudl I buy it on Wii U when I can get the nice cool limited edition on PS3.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

Rayman and Need for Speed proved you wrong. You didn't discount delayed ports until you realized you were about to lose the bet because of one. And then you lost because of Rayman anyway.

Whether you think the games will move consoles or not isn't relevant, what is relevant is that you claim to have been right about "everything" when several of your claims have been proven wrong.

rayman runs the same on all 3 consoles, it was givin the best version cause of the gamepad not the power of the hardware. and if you count need for speed we can count ninja gaiden, that would make it 3-1.

And okay, let's count both Need for Speed and Ninja Gaiden. It still means your claim that the next 5 Wii U multiplatform games would be inferior on Wii U is incorrect.

the bet is not over and the guy i made the bet doesnt post here anymore, it would be 2-0 i'm leading he said they would run better on wiiu i said they be inferior or on par, we have watch dogs and AC4 if those are inferior then i win cause i doubt were goona many more thrd party support after that, then you have batman orgins.

You predicted the multiplatform games from then on (starting February I believe) would be worse on Wii U; Need for Speed and Rayman were not worse.

curl-6 said:
MikeRox said:

Unless they don't care for Ubi's games. About the only games of theirs I've liked since 2005 were Rayman Origins and Red Steel 2.

Why would you boycott Ubi releases for delaying Rayman if you didn't want Rayman though? It was more for the number of people who post "I would have bought Rayman in February, but now they've delayed it I don't want it". Really does seem like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I agree entirely though, if nothing they do interests you, nothing is lost :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

the reality nothing can save the wiiu, missing out on hd graphics, big third party franshises, online gaming, has made the wii brand irrelevant to gamers, its basically missed out on 7th gen, sure it sold great for a motion gaming device, but thats not what has kept the industry alive for years,, people tried had fun with and forgot about it, thats why nobody cares for the wiiu, and you will what i mean when u see ps4 and xbone sales.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

You predicted the multiplatform games from then on (starting February I believe) would be worse on Wii U; Need for Speed and Rayman were not worse.

i didn't make the bet with you, i know the terms, he said they would better and i said it be worst , what does it matter, i'm still up 2-0.