By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

ninjablade said:
people need to understand the orginial wii doomed wiiu, nintendo making hardware, that could'nt even of dream of running 360/ps3 games was a huge mistake, they never established them selves with the big third party gaming franshises, because they just could not run, the wii sold as a motion control device not a traditional console and i think wiiu sales prove this.

Nice attempt at revisionist history, but no.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
I doubt that Splinter Cell will be a deciding factor for Ubisoft's future support considering how bad it did overall. Rayman Legends on the Wii U did well compared to PS3 and 360 versions, the question there is whether or not combined sales are enough to warrant another Rayman game on any platform.
Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV on the other hand will be very important. As far as I know neither will be gimped in any way for the Wii U so there won't be any excuses for disappointing sales. If you want more of that content on Wii U you'll have to get those games.

@ bold, we've already seen the excuse for that in this very thread.  "Ubisoft treated Nintendo poorly in the past therefore why should why buy their games?"  Should Watch Dogs & AC4 bomb, I suspect it'll rise up again.

Then let's get this out upfront: Ubisoft's games suck, period. When they release games like AC3 that require a day 1 patch, then they are clearly not meeting the standards a Nintendo console owner has come to expect. I mean, it's a bit nonsensical to assume that equality is the bar that has to be met when the quality standards for Ubisoft games lack in general. Equally poor is still poor.

I had to LOL at this. 

Nobody an argue with it though. Their games are always well made. Every freaking time, almost no bugs and no day one patches.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
people need to understand the orginial wii doomed wiiu, nintendo making hardware, that could'nt even of dream of running 360/ps3 games was a huge mistake, they never established them selves with the big third party gaming franshises, because they just could not run, the wii sold as a motion control device not a traditional console and i think wiiu sales prove this.

thats nice, but i have been right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

Mnementh said:
Th3PANO said:

I will have every Ubisoft game for Wii U besides AC, I hate AC, I loved Blacklist, Legends wasn't too bad either and I can't wait for Watch Dogs. Can't do more.

Are you sure, you will have EVERY game?

Sports Connection: http://www.amazon.com/ESPN-Sports-Connection-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00897Z1K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380461821&sr=8-1&keywords=sports+connection

Rabbids Land: http://www.amazon.com/Rabbids-Land-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00897Z240/ref=sr_1_7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1380461849&sr=1-7

Your Shape: http://www.amazon.com/Your-Shape-Fitness-Evolved-Nintendo-u/dp/B0086V5TYC/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1380461849&sr=1-11

The Smurfs 2: http://www.amazon.com/Smurfs-2-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00CBVHI56/ref=sr_1_12?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1380461849&sr=1-12

lol, ok, atleast WD, Rayman, SP, Zombi U lol. Rayman was dissapointing as was Zombi U, I hope WD is worth my money.....but it looks so interesting!

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

thats nice, but i have neen right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

No, you haven't. You were wrong that the next 5 multiplats would be worse on Wii U. You were wrong that all Nintendo's key games for the next 1.5 years were announced as of June this year.

Around the Network
hinch said:
green_sky said:
Oh wow this exploded. Now i should start taking game buying advice from Twitter. Also seems like more PS360 buyers are interested in this thread about Wii U. Did GTA 5 already get so boring?

Well no.

I mean lets be real. Ubisoft wants they want to earn a profit. And porting is not always cheap. So when noone buys their games, you can't expect special treatment. It's called business. They are not a charity.

Also, played and completed GTAV. It's a quality game. On my second playthrough now.

So you want Nintendo gamers or well gamers in general do charity for game developers by buying games they are not interested in. All this to get hypothetical future support. I mean games in general are not selling well other than selective few. So i guess game companies should just cut support and chase free to play models on mobile devices. Some are already doing that. The revenue might not be great there but atleast they can match GTA5 download numbers for Plants vs  Zombies 2 on ios. 

Good to know you finished it. Someone has to out of 17 million people who bought it just to fuck around and then lament it as the best game evarrr. Anywyas i don't really care if they support or not. Given the time i have for gaming and entertainment in general. I just feel the market is oversaturated and there is too much choice and options. So less would be more. 

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

thats nice, but i have been right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

You removed your sign with the specs of the Wii U you swear were right. This alone proves how wrong you are.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

pezus said:
Th3PANO said:

Nobody an argue with it though. Their games are always well made. Every freaking time, almost no bugs and no day one patches.

That has already been proven wrong.

Patches are not always for fixing bugs either. Sometimes they are to introduce something new or to change the balance of something in the game etc. The few patches for Nintendo games have traditionally been because Nintendo were far behind in the digital space, but now that they seem more interested in it you can be sure that they'll be doing more patches. Fixing or making something better is never bad. You two are implying that Nintendo games are always perfect, and nothing could be fixed, which is ridiculous. They're just behind the times digitally.

Were did I say perfect? You can count their games (which propaby didn't even require a patch too work properly) on one hand. Should tell you enough.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

thats nice, but i have neen right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

No, you haven't. You were wrong that the next 5 multiplats would be worse on Wii U. You were wrong that all Nintendo's key games for the next 1.5 years were announced as of June this year.

according to digital foundry splinter cell is the worst version, and so is resident evil revaltions, then you have ninja gaiden razor and need for speed they both cancel each othere out but were not counting late ports,so how am i wrong again? and the only keygame i can think of is 3d mario and that wont sell consoles.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

according to digital foundry splinter cell is the worst version, and so is resident evil revaltions, then you have ninja gaiden razor and need for speed they both cancel each othere out but were not counting late ports,so how am i wrong again? and the only keygame i can think of is 3d mario and that wont sell consoles.

Yeah, DK, MK 8, Smash Bros aren't key games, keep telling that yourself.