By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Pavolink said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
people need to understand the orginial wii doomed wiiu, nintendo making hardware, that could'nt even of dream of running 360/ps3 games was a huge mistake, they never established them selves with the big third party gaming franshises, because they just could not run, the wii sold as a motion control device not a traditional console and i think wiiu sales prove this.

Nice attempt at revisionist history, but no.

thats nice, but i have been right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

You removed your sign with the specs of the Wii U you swear were right. This alone proves how wrong you are.

the specs were correct i just removed them because wiiu a developer that went into detail about wiiu hardware said it was slightly better then current gen and that ram was a good advantage, the specs are still the most legit ones we have based on neogaf and beyond3d analysis

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
people need to understand the orginial wii doomed wiiu, nintendo making hardware, that could'nt even of dream of running 360/ps3 games was a huge mistake, they never established them selves with the big third party gaming franshises, because they just could not run, the wii sold as a motion control device not a traditional console and i think wiiu sales prove this.

thats nice, but i have neen right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

No, you haven't. You were wrong that the next 5 multiplats would be worse on Wii U. You were wrong that all Nintendo's key games for the next 1.5 years were announced as of June this year.

according to digital foundry splinter cell is the worst version, and so is resident evil revaltions, then you have ninja gaiden razor and need for speed they both cancel each othere out but were not counting late ports,so how am i wrong again? and the only keygame i can think of is 3d mario and that wont sell consoles.

Rayman and Need for Speed proved you wrong. You didn't discount delayed ports until you realized you were about to lose the bet because of one. And then you lost because of Rayman anyway.

Whether you think the games will move consoles or not isn't relevant, what is relevant is that you claim to have been right about "everything" when several of your claims have been proven wrong.

Wii U owners should stick to first or second party Nintendo games. Ubisoft have a terrible reputation of making average at best or mediocre or poor quality games. No one has the right to tell gamers to buy poor quality games.

Scoobes said:
Wow, lots of people complaining about Ubisoft support for Nintendo consoles?

Ubisoft are the only third party to truly support Nintendo consoles. They released the only true next-gen third party exclusive on WiiU, they've supported the console far more than other publishers like EA (who gave up after 3 titles had lacklustre sales), and are still releasing all their top titles on the console.

In the early years of a console, releases are supposed to help warm a userbase to your titles/franchises. Ubisoft knows this but if the userbase doesn't warm to these titles but they do on other consoles, then it wouldn't be that surprising to see extra support for those other consoles. I think Ubisoft support on WiiU is now very dependent on how the PS4/X1 multiplats do compared to the WiiU versions.

LOL EA gave up before the console launched when they dropped their unprecident support.

Th3PANO said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

thats nice, but i have neen right on everything so far, keep your eyes on wiiu sales there gonna go way down  when the nextgen consoles come out and third party support will be none existent. hell gamecube is even selling much better at point but what do i know your right about everything.

No, you haven't. You were wrong that the next 5 multiplats would be worse on Wii U. You were wrong that all Nintendo's key games for the next 1.5 years were announced as of June this year.

according to digital foundry splinter cell is the worst version, and so is resident evil revaltions, then you have ninja gaiden razor and need for speed they both cancel each othere out but were not counting late ports,so how am i wrong again? and the only keygame i can think of is 3d mario and that wont sell consoles.

Yeah, DK, MK 8, Smash Bros aren't key games, keep telling that yourself.

Whether he thinks they are key games isn't relevant. They are clearly key to Nintendo, so he's wrong. Again.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

Rayman and Need for Speed proved you wrong. You didn't discount delayed ports until you realized you were about to lose the bet because of one. And then you lost because of Rayman anyway.

Whether you think the games will move consoles or not isn't relevant, what is relevant is that you claim to have been right about "everything" when several of your claims have been proven wrong.

rayman runs the same on all 3 consoles, it was givin the best version cause of the gamepad not the power of the hardware. and if you count need for speed we can count ninja gaiden, that would make it 3-1.

green_sky said:
hinch said:
green_sky said:
Oh wow this exploded. Now i should start taking game buying advice from Twitter. Also seems like more PS360 buyers are interested in this thread about Wii U. Did GTA 5 already get so boring?

Well no.

I mean lets be real. Ubisoft wants they want to earn a profit. And porting is not always cheap. So when noone buys their games, you can't expect special treatment. It's called business. They are not a charity.

Also, played and completed GTAV. It's a quality game. On my second playthrough now.

So you want Nintendo gamers or well gamers in general do charity for game developers by buying games they are not interested in. All this to get hypothetical future support. I mean games in general are not selling well other than selective few. So i guess game companies should just cut support and chase free to play models on mobile devices. Some are already doing that. The revenue might not be great there but atleast they can match GTA5 download numbers for Plants vs  Zombies 2 on ios. 

Good to know you finished it. Someone has to out of 17 million people who bought it just to fuck around and then lament it as the best game evarrr. Anywyas i don't really care if they support or not. Given the time i have for gaming and entertainment in general. I just feel the market is oversaturated and there is too much choice and options. So less would be more. 

No. Where did I say that in my last posts?

I guess they should. Since Nintendo = seal of quality, it seems o_O

But yeah, I think I'll leave it here.

curl-6 said:
Th3PANO said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

Yeah, DK, MK 8, Smash Bros aren't key games, keep telling that yourself.

Whether he thinks they are key games isn't relevant. They are clearly key to Nintendo, so he's wrong. Again.

i remember saying those games won't be available for the holidays this year, and they are not, i'm only wrong on 3d mario which imo won't move consoles.

Scoobes said:

Well apparently WiiU sales accounted for 1.6% of the total Blacklist sales in the US:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/13/npd-splinter-cell-blacklist-wii-u-apparently-accounts-for-less-than-2-of-total-sales/

Even for a new console that's pretty dire. I'm not surprised that staff at Ubisoft would be feeling uncomfortable at this point.

That is a bad way to look at it considering the game sold at a much worst attach rated compared to their install base.

This game is not a good example anyway as its been on a decline.

Watch dogs is what we should all be looking at. New IP, huge praise from the gaming media at E3. So unless Ubisoft really fuck up the game or cut features there is no reason why people who own one console should not embrace this game. I would expect something around the 500K mark if all goes to plan for this game and it isn't gimped.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

rayman runs the same on all 3 consoles, it was givin the best version cause of the gamepad not the power of the hardware. and if you count need for speed we can count ninja gaiden, that would make it 3-1.

You said they would be inferior. Rayman on Wii U is not inferior.

And okay, let's count both Need for Speed and Ninja Gaiden. It still means your claim that the next 5 Wii U multiplatform games would be inferior on Wii U is incorrect.