By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You know, sometimes I think the people that claims the other fanbase is worse than theirs are the real fanboys inside. Than the actual active posters that lock horns in multiple threads and then shake hands after and calls it a day.

Around the Network

I think the guys here are giving this subject more importance that it needs.

I'm the only assumed fanboy in this site... so I need respect... calling others fanboy is like to say they are like me and I don't like that... I'm the only one here.

I deserve this title... thanks guys.

JoeTheBro said:
Morning_Star said:

This forum has always been a Sony/Playstation cirlce jerk, goes without saying honestly.

When was the last time you visited a vita thread? Just say'n...

Well, one that wasn't trolled to death.

Four different groups...

1. OTT Pro company
2. Revenge
3. Victim/Cry Wolf
4. Gamer who will go where the games are/People stuck in the middle

Just to note, I consider myself in the 4th category, a gamer with no ties to anyone as long as they make the games/product I want to buy. I will go where-ever that suits my needs.

In more detail:

1. OTT Pro Company
There are always going to be people on either side that are so Pro company that they post hate... and this is for every company. These people (and i've seen them from all three companies) defending things to the hilt that they would agree to sell their mother if they were told too. It verges on the ridiculous where there is no common sense thinking. PR Says something and they are like sheep.

2. Revenge
I think there is an element of "Serves you right" for the years of crap that Sony users got from "TheCell" "Price" "NoGames" - this is just from what i recall seeing a lot (before i even got the any of the consoles. It wouldn't surprise me some people who claim now that they are being picked on might have been doing the same in reverse a few years back.

3. Victim
But I also think some of the Xbox userbase also have to take some responsibility for their actions/posts. When there is negativity towards a product and some of it rightly so... people in 4 will complain (also other sides in 1). But unfortunately the Pro product users will defend it, even if it's not sensible. As with MS at the moment, they started out with so much positivity and actually that came across in the posts from certain users - Ha you just wait till the reveal.. Sony didn't even show the console..lame. But then it all went horribly wrong when MS screwed up and the other Pro lot struck back.

It has been pretty constant negativity, and I can understand that depressing if you like that products games and want more of the same.But some people then have to feel they have to defend their product choice to the hilt. The Cloud/Secret Sauce etc type posts that happened nearly on a daily basis. And worse of all is the "Opinion = Fact" one of the most annoying self defence trips ever. I think Game A is way better than Game B..

It's that kind of OTT company stance that annoys the people in category 4... which is then derided as "Pro Sony SDF brigade".

Personally I will be happy when the consoles launch, but think it will still be... My FPS is better than your FPS.. or I saw 1 more pixel than you, or my game is way better than yours...

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Hilarious considering it's the same xbox folks posting in every Sony thread about secret sauce, how xbox has better launch lineups, da cloud... tv. PS4 is ps3 2.0.... Works both ways.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Hilarious considering it's the same xbox folks posting in every Sony thread about secret sauce, how xbox has better launch lineups, da cloud... tv. PS4 is ps3 2.0.... Works both ways.

Hey, I post in Sony threads praising their games

When I think of Xbox One, I think "XOXOXO" which makes me feel like I'm getting hugs and kisses.

Euphoria14 said:
kirby007 said:
Euphoria14 said:
So, Sony fans harp on XBox hardware and in return XBox fans harp on Sony fans?

Seems someone is taking things a bit too personal.

BIAS

Show me someone without bias.

No bias at all from this guy.  He doesn't prefer Sony or Microsoft.  He only has love for the West Side.  *spoiler* Plus he's dead.

kirby007 said:
So i cant call one out on a Bias? which basicly removed his whole fucking point.

everyone who responded to me is not objective ( im not objective either but im not gonna hate on sonys less innovative console like the rest does on the xbox)

Why would you call me out on bias?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

attaboy said:
Euphoria14 said:
kirby007 said:
Euphoria14 said:
So, Sony fans harp on XBox hardware and in return XBox fans harp on Sony fans?

Seems someone is taking things a bit too personal.

BIAS

Show me someone without bias.

No bias at all from this guy.  He doesn't prefer Sony or Microsoft.  He only has love for the West Side.  *spoiler* Plus he's dead.

We was West Coast biased. California Love yo!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!