By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 vs Final Fantasy XV announcement reactions show some double standards.

Mythmaker1 said:
Cost vs Utility.

Bayonetta 2 is being released on a console which typically isn't associated with games of its like, and which probably won't see too many more of them. So someone who might be interested in other games in the same vein would have to buy another system anyway, in all likelihood.

With Final Fantasy XV, the game is being released on a console where like games are relatively common. So someone who might be interested in other games in the same vein probably won't have to buy another system.

Basically, Bayonetta fans don't want a Wii U, but Final Fantasy fans will likely want a PS4. In general.

Final Fantasy is really a very bad example especially considering that it was a million seller from the very first entry on NES and even a low budget game FinalFantasy3 on NDS was the best selling handheld FF game in Japan against high budgets effort like Crisis Core and Type0 on PSP. But you still don´t see such an outcry when a Final Fantasy game isn´t announced for their system of choice.

In my opinion it really has a lot more to do with the mentality of certain people, some are just more agressive and love "hating" and "bitching" on the "enemy". So it is no surpise to me that a lot of these people also love vulgar killing games and part of the age/generation that was listening to "gangster rappers" some years ago. This would also explain their hate towards Nintendo, they are just insecure people.

Around the Network
Viktor said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Cost vs Utility.

Bayonetta 2 is being released on a console which typically isn't associated with games of its like, and which probably won't see too many more of them. So someone who might be interested in other games in the same vein would have to buy another system anyway, in all likelihood.

With Final Fantasy XV, the game is being released on a console where like games are relatively common. So someone who might be interested in other games in the same vein probably won't have to buy another system.

Basically, Bayonetta fans don't want a Wii U, but Final Fantasy fans will likely want a PS4. In general.

Final Fantasy is really a very bad example especially considering that it was a million seller from the very first entry on NES and even a low budget game FinalFantasy3 on NDS was the best selling handheld FF game in Japan against high budgets effort like Crisis Core and Type0 on PSP. But you still don´t see such an outcry when a Final Fantasy game isn´t announced for their system of choice.

In my opinion it really has a lot more to do with the mentality of certain people, some are just more agressive and love "hating" and "bitching" on the "enemy". So it is no surpise to me that a lot of these people also love vulgar killing games and part of the age/generation that was listening to "gangster rappers" some years ago. This would also explain their hate towards Nintendo, they are just insecure people.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Sales figures for games in a respective franchise don't really have any bearing on the points I raised.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I would say Final Fantasy XIII going multi platform had a significant gnashing of teeth as had been exclusive series (Nintendo, 1-6 - Sony, 7-12) so the fact that is just what Square Enix are doing has had time to be accepted as the new normal. If Bayonetta 2 comes out, does well and Bayonetta 3 is announced for Wii U I expect to see far less negative reaction.

It's not the same situation.

Bayonetta 2 is a good (actual) game for us, Nintendo fans, because we need to make rage some anonymous people around the web. You will be able to play next year.

FFXV is the new name of a demo before called FFXIII Versus which make some PS3 fans happy about that exclusive, something like The Last Guardian. Regarding FFXV, SE and Sony wants to TP'd the demo (now an actual game) so people fall again and buy the next console solely in the promise. Unlike Bayonetta 2, there's not confidence you will be able to play next year, or sometime.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think most people including myself had given up hope on ff versus . so when it was announced as ff15 an that it was goin next gen that was good enough for me.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

killzone and infamous weren't announced as ps3 exclusives many years before. and if people aren't upset because of those, why would they be upset about bayonetta 2 on wii u?

Super Paper Mario was going to originally b e a Gamecube title but was delayed and released on the Wii.  The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was completed on the Gamecube and delayed another year for it to be ported and launched first on the Wii and launched a month on the Gamecube.  There wasn't a huge Nintendo fan outrage when either of these things happened. 

With Super Paper Mario, the game wasn't complete so switching development from Gamecube to the Wii is a good choice.  With Final Fantasy 15, the game wasn't complete as well, many rumored had it that Square Enix was having issues getting the game to run well on the PS3.  So if the game isn't running well on the PS3, why would we bitch about it being on the PS4 instead?  I'm no longer interested just because of how long the game has been in its so called development, not because it's on the PS4.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess though.  That was a slap in the face to all Gamecube owners who waited for the game.  Getting snubbed by Nintendo who basically threw it in their faces that if you don't want to wait a month, then get Wii.  Most Nintendo fans took the disrespect from Nintendo and bought the Wii and Twilight Princess at launch.  Week one sales for the Wii version of Twilight Princess was more than one third of Gamecube's Twilight Princess lifetime sales.

*edit*

Wasn't there another Gamecube game that was cancelled and appeared on the Wii instead?  A Donkey Kong game?

sergiodaly said:

also @OP
not that i really know anything about bayonetta (besides playing the demo and don't like it), but the issue i do remember about it was the changing completely platforms between the first installment and the second (first PS, XB - second, nintendo only) and some logic apply in the complain, why is a game jumping platforms completely making the first installment buyers into strangers and strangers into followers of a already ongoing story??? in the FF case... PS players would still have the game in their platform of choice, not exclusively, but it will there non the less...
not that is care... but common sense apply here... no need to put that much though into it to find it...

Well, FF on the other hand never switched the platform. The series always was on Playstation, since the first entry which was strangely called FF VII. But you know, crazy japanese devs, they start a series with #7.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

A lot of people thought that Versus 13/XV was vaporware, so it was collective sigh that it did still in fact exist.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No it shows that when you put the a sequel on a completely different system, people will be upset. FF15 is not a sequel to another game, and was moved from one consoles to another console of the same brand (which many, like myself, were actually pleased about).

No one was really "hurt" in FF15's transition from current gen to next gen, but fans of the first Bayonetta who had no intentions of buying a WiiU (which i imagine is a lot) are obviously going to be upset.

Talal said:
Zero999 said:

because 6 years before, they were told it would be on their current system.

Now they are being told that it's going to be on their next system. I'm pretty sure that the people who care about FF and are not planning on buying a PS4/One are upset, but there aren't many of those. On the other hand I'd bet that many Bayonetta fans are not planning on buying a Wii U which is why they are upset. Stop acting like Nintendo gets a different treatment.

Wasn't Pikmin 3 originally planned for the Wii? You don't see Nintendo fans upset that it moved to the Wii U. They would have been upset however if it went exclusively to Playstation (I know it's impossible it's just an example).

besides nintendo saying the game was in development, pikmin 3 was never announced for wii. and if someone thinks "they switched this game I was waiting to another console, I'll just buy the console" the people angry over bayonetta should simply buy a wii u.