By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 vs Final Fantasy XV announcement reactions show some double standards.

Zekkyou said:
No it shows that when you put the a sequel on a completely different system, people will be upset. FF15 is not a sequel to another game, and was moved from one consoles to another console of the same brand (which many, like myself, were actually pleased about).

No one was really "hurt" in FF15's transition from current gen to next gen, but fans of the first Bayonetta who had no intentions of buying a WiiU (which i imagine is a lot) are obviously going to be upset.

and nintendo gave them one more reason to purchase a wii u by saving the franchise. no one should be upset over it.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Zero999 said:

killzone and infamous weren't announced as ps3 exclusives many years before. and if people aren't upset because of those, why would they be upset about bayonetta 2 on wii u?

Super Paper Mario was going to originally b e a Gamecube title but was delayed and released on the Wii.  The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was completed on the Gamecube and delayed another year for it to be ported and launched first on the Wii and launched a month on the Gamecube.  There wasn't a huge Nintendo fan outrage when either of these things happened. 

With Super Paper Mario, the game wasn't complete so switching development from Gamecube to the Wii is a good choice.  With Final Fantasy 15, the game wasn't complete as well, many rumored had it that Square Enix was having issues getting the game to run well on the PS3.  So if the game isn't running well on the PS3, why would we bitch about it being on the PS4 instead?  I'm no longer interested just because of how long the game has been in its so called development, not because it's on the PS4.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess though.  That was a slap in the face to all Gamecube owners who waited for the game.  Getting snubbed by Nintendo who basically threw it in their faces that if you don't want to wait a month, then get Wii.  Most Nintendo fans took the disrespect from Nintendo and bought the Wii and Twilight Princess at launch.  Week one sales for the Wii version of Twilight Princess was more than one third of Gamecube's Twilight Princess lifetime sales.

*edit*

Wasn't there another Gamecube game that was cancelled and appeared on the Wii instead?  A Donkey Kong game?

I don't see the connection between our subject and those examples. zelda tp and super paper mario were relased on gamecube (as was promised). we are talking about a game being announced at the beggining of the generation, exclusively for a console, ending up not released on that it.

LilChicken22 said:
cbarroso09 said:
badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

i don't think the 50 millions plus people are going to ditch their 3 years old PS3 for another one more expensive for just a few games.

Because Bayo 2 and some other games are the only games coming for Wii U...EVER. Production of games stops after Bayo 2.

I think it was very obvious he was talking about the PS4...

Zero999 said:
Zekkyou said:
No it shows that when you put the a sequel on a completely different system, people will be upset. FF15 is not a sequel to another game, and was moved from one consoles to another console of the same brand (which many, like myself, were actually pleased about).

No one was really "hurt" in FF15's transition from current gen to next gen, but fans of the first Bayonetta who had no intentions of buying a WiiU (which i imagine is a lot) are obviously going to be upset.

and nintendo gave them one more reason to purchase a wii u by saving the franchise. no one should be upset over it.

Why should no one be upset? Fans of the first game who didn’t want a WiiU now either have to spend hundreds of $ to buy a WiiU, or never play it. I’m delighted Nintendo are funding the game, as it wouldn’t exist otherwise, but people have every right to be upset about it.

Zero999 said:
kupomogli said:

Super Paper Mario was going to originally b e a Gamecube title but was delayed and released on the Wii.  The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was completed on the Gamecube and delayed another year for it to be ported and launched first on the Wii and launched a month on the Gamecube.  There wasn't a huge Nintendo fan outrage when either of these things happened. 

With Super Paper Mario, the game wasn't complete so switching development from Gamecube to the Wii is a good choice.  With Final Fantasy 15, the game wasn't complete as well, many rumored had it that Square Enix was having issues getting the game to run well on the PS3.  So if the game isn't running well on the PS3, why would we bitch about it being on the PS4 instead?  I'm no longer interested just because of how long the game has been in its so called development, not because it's on the PS4.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess though.  That was a slap in the face to all Gamecube owners who waited for the game.  Getting snubbed by Nintendo who basically threw it in their faces that if you don't want to wait a month, then get Wii.  Most Nintendo fans took the disrespect from Nintendo and bought the Wii and Twilight Princess at launch.  Week one sales for the Wii version of Twilight Princess was more than one third of Gamecube's Twilight Princess lifetime sales.

*edit*

Wasn't there another Gamecube game that was cancelled and appeared on the Wii instead?  A Donkey Kong game?

I don't see the connection between our subject and those examples. zelda tp and super paper mario were relased on gamecube (as was promised). we are talking about a game being announced at the beggining of the generation, exclusively for a console, ending up not released on that it.

Super Paper Mario was announced for the Gamecube but it was never released.  It was cancelled and later released on  the Wii.  There's no difference between that game and Final Fantasy 15 with what happened except for, rumored, Square Enix couldn't get Final Fantasy 15 working properly on the PS3.

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/09/super-paper-mario-gc-cancelled/

Around the Network

When I read Spiderman 217 I am not going to be upset that the story is not finished and that the story will continue in Spiderman 218, the problem is that in this case the story not continues in Spiderman 218 but in Green Lantern 17. It is great for Green Lantern fans/collectors but annoying for only Spiderman fans.

GamechaserBE said:
When I read Spiderman 217 I am not going to be upset that the story is not finished and that the story will continue in Spiderman 218, the problem is that in this case the story not continues in Spiderman 218 but in Green Lantern 17. It is great for Green Lantern fans/collectors but annoying for only Spiderman fans.

?

edit: i got it now  ha

anyway on topic - i am not sure about the double standards you talk about in the OP. If it was a Xbox One or PS4 exclusive many people would be singing a different tune - some people get really upset when Nintendo gets nice things

Lyrikalstylez said:
Those people complaining are in the minority, nobody honestly cares about bayonetta2....

You seemed to care enough about it to comment :P

It looks like a great game.

1doesnotsimply

Zero999 said:
Akvod said:
Zero999 said:
badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

even if the entirity of ps3 owners had the intention to upgrade, most of them do it after 3 years of the console release. that's a lot of people waiting far longer than they should, to play a game that should be on the previous system. 

People aren't upset FFXV is going to be a next gen exclusive, just like how people aren't upset that Killzone Shadow Fall or inFamous Second Son is going to be a next gen exclusive.

You're not making a whole lot of sense.

killzone and infamous weren't announced as ps3 exclusives many years before. and if people aren't upset because of those, why would they be upset about bayonetta 2 on wii u?

Because PS3 owners are generally going to be far more willing to buy a PS4 than a Wii U. That's like saying that if Nintendo fans weren't upset about ZombiiU being on Wii U instead of Wii, then they shouldn't be mad if something like X had been confirmed as a PS4 exclusive. If you don't see the difference here then I don't know what to tell you.

The transition from PS3 to PS4 and the already long wait as it is, is making it seem that way. I thought maybe the multiplat status might have been the only thing that would have caused some outrage.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)