By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 vs Final Fantasy XV announcement reactions show some double standards.

Max King of the Wild said:

No, they felt like they needed to make the game into a mainline FF. Do you really think the game would be the same if it was a spinoff (FFX-2/FF13-2/Dirge of Cerberus) and what they are making it into now? And to the second point I was making but the first one already kills every argument in this thread so I didn't, games get reworked, cancelled, put on hiatus all the time and just moved to another platform. The best examples? Duke Nukem and Too Human both were in development for a decade and not for the consoles they launched on.

you can't change reality. in 2006, FF XV (versus 13 at the time) was announced as a ps3 exclusive.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

No, they felt like they needed to make the game into a mainline FF. Do you really think the game would be the same if it was a spinoff (FFX-2/FF13-2/Dirge of Cerberus) and what they are making it into now? And to the second point I was making but the first one already kills every argument in this thread so I didn't, games get reworked, cancelled, put on hiatus all the time and just moved to another platform. The best examples? Duke Nukem and Too Human both were in development for a decade and not for the consoles they launched on.

you can't change reality. in 2006, FF XV (versus 13 at the time) was announced as a ps3 exclusive.

Reality is Final Fantasy versus 13 was announced as Ps3 exclusive which has been changed from a spin off to a main line title. Upon doing so the platforms changed. This happens all the time. Your argument is null and void.

badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

chapset said:
same shit for mario kart 8 wtf why no wii owners are pissed it's not on the wii, it sold 30 some mill on it nintendo hating on wii owners again

and we're done here

Fusioncode said:
Viktor said:
Fusioncode said:
cbarroso09 said:
badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

i don't think the 50 millions plus people are going to ditch their 3 years old PS3 for another one more expensive for just a few games.

Try 7 years old. 

So everyone bought it in 2006?

So we shouldn't release next gen consoles until every single person in the world has bought the current gen systems? 

Is it really my problem that you constantly miss the point?

arcane_chaos said:
badgenome said:

chapset said:
same shit for mario kart 8 wtf why no wii owners are pissed it's not on the wii, it sold 30 some mill on it nintendo hating on wii owners again

and we're done here

This is really silly. Versus was announced as a PS3 exclusive in 2006 and now instead of PS3 it will be on different systems as FF15. On the other hand Mario Kart has always been a one per generation/system franchise.

Around the Network
Viktor said:
Fusioncode said:
Viktor said:
Fusioncode said:
cbarroso09 said:
badgenome said:

i don't think the 50 millions plus people are going to ditch their 3 years old PS3 for another one more expensive for just a few games.

Try 7 years old. 

So everyone bought it in 2006?

So we shouldn't release next gen consoles until every single person in the world has bought the current gen systems? 

Is it really my problem that you constantly miss the point?

Your problem is that you're not making any points. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Zero999 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Zero999 said:

difference? i don't see the resemblance. what did you try to say exactly? You could try reading it to find out.

nintendo fans not upset about zombi U on wii u instead of wii? WHY SHOULD THEY BE? When did I say they should be? I don't think you comprehend the idea of dealing in hypotheticals.

I think you clearly didn't get the point of this discussion. we are talking about a game that was announced as ps3 exclusive and ended up not coming to ps3 at all. that is something to be pissed about, even for the ones who want a ps4. Why? For what conceivable reason could a PS4 owner or someone who intends to get a PS4 be upset that a FFXV is coming to PS4 instead of PS3? Better graphics and performance? and yet, people from the ps3 audience complain about having to buy another hardware to play bayo 2, a game that was never announced for ps3. Again, this is because it's coming to a Nintendo console, which many PS360 owners had no intention of buying. They found out that they're going to have to pay $350 to play a game that would have only cost $60 if it came out for a console they already had or intended to get. This is the most obvious thing in the world yet you're still somehow struggling with it.

"They found out that they're going to have to pay $350 to play a game that would have only cost $60"

and now they found they will have to pay $400 instead of $60, to play something that was promised as a ps3 exclusive. so it is weird they don't complain.

better graphics and performance? so let's move every game announced for ps360 to the wii u/ps4/xone only. because better graphics, right? no one will get pissed.

Seeing as how most of them were already going to spend $400 on a PS4, no. Counting the cost of a console that they were going to get no matter what makes no sense. And most PS360 owners, at least on gaming forums where these complaints take place, are getting a PS4/One no matter what. A PS4 and FFXV is cheaper then a PS4 + a Wii U + Bayonetta 2.

I have no doubts you'll still struggle with this concept but I've done the best I can.

The only people getting pissed about FFXV not coming to PS3 are the ones not getting a PS4/Xbone. But you said that the people who do intend to get a PS4 should be mad about it. Please explain why.

The game is going to flop exclusive to the wii u.

DucksUnlimited said:
Zero999 said:

"They found out that they're going to have to pay $350 to play a game that would have only cost $60"

and now they found they will have to pay $400 instead of $60, to play something that was promised as a ps3 exclusive. so it is weird they don't complain.

better graphics and performance? so let's move every game announced for ps360 to the wii u/ps4/xone only. because better graphics, right? no one will get pissed.

Seeing as how most of them were already going to spend $400 on a PS4, no. Counting the cost of a console that they were going to get no matter what makes no sense. And most PS360 owners, at least on gaming forums where these complaints take place, are getting a PS4/One no matter what. A PS4 and FFXV is cheaper then a PS4 + a Wii U + Bayonetta 2.

I have no doubts you'll still struggle with this concept but I've done the best I can.

The only people getting pissed about FFXV not coming to PS3 are the ones not getting a PS4/Xbone. But you said that the people who do intend to get a PS4 should be mad about it. Please explain why.

why? 1-because they were told it would be on ps3. 2- few will buy it in the first year/ year and a half (in comparisson to the full installed base), so many will have to wait even more to play it.

MohammadBadir said:
pokoko said:
badgenome said:

That was cruel.  You shouldn't break the OP in the second comment, it's just inconsiderate.

On a side note, I love how "a few die-hard fans complaining online" turns into  "immense backslash".  I'm sorry, but only a relatively few people care about Bayonetta.  The exaggeration of that response is the only thing "immense" about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkUBfD5SCqU

Awesome post. I'd call that owned. Seriously though any claiming it was just a few must not have been online that day.