By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are gaming journalists still biased against Nintendo ?

Is this true ?

Yes 183 72.62%

No 69 27.38%

Total:252
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Against Nintendo? Yes... Against their Games? No

Then that's all that should matter. 

Around the Network

Everything WiiU related on gamespot loses 2 points because its on a Nintendo console, everything is rated 8.0 :P

fatslob-:O said:
MDMAlliance said:

It's pretty obvious when you look at the amount of articles journalists write about Nintendo being doomed, irrelevant, or whatever.  Sony is only getting that now because the PS Vita is doing really poorly and has been for over a year now.  The 3DS and Wii U got it from the start.

And yet these doomedz articles completely stopped for the 3DS. Why is it hard to accept that when a bad system is released it will get flack regardless of if it was sony, nintendo, or microsoft. 

They stopped because no one in their right mind would call the 3DS doomed now.  It continued until the 3DS became the top selling system World Wide.

Also, the 3DS and Wii U are NOT bad systems.  If you are going to call them bad systems, then obviously you will not see the bias because you think it's true.  And another thing is that the 3DS got "doomed" from even before it got released. The PS Vita was apparently going to sell really well according to the same journalists.  They didn't really start doing Vita doomed articles in mass until several months down the line (about the time the 3DS gained momentum).  Wii U also got many "doomed" articles.  One in particular I remember was Kotaku.  They are definitely biased against Nintendo.

Some places are biased against Sony, or Microsoft... but by far, most places you will see are overly negative about Nintendo.  They keep saying things like "Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing" and "Nintendo should go 3rd party" etc.  
Which are dumb things to say.  If you look at their track record, it's pretty good as a business.  At least better than Sony and Microsoft's gaming departments.

gamespot is blatantly biased against Nintendo. Others? not really.

MDMAlliance said:

They stopped because no one in their right mind would call the 3DS doomed now.  It continued until the 3DS became the top selling system World Wide.

Also, the 3DS and Wii U are NOT bad systems.  If you are going to call them bad systems, then obviously you will not see the bias because you think it's true.  And another thing is that the 3DS got "doomed" from even before it got released. The PS Vita was apparently going to sell really well according to the same journalists.  They didn't really start doing Vita doomed articles in mass until several months down the line (about the time the 3DS gained momentum).  Wii U also got many "doomed" articles.  One in particular I remember was Kotaku.  They are definitely biased against Nintendo.

Some places are biased against Sony, or Microsoft... but by far, most places you will see are overly negative about Nintendo.  They keep saying things like "Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing" and "Nintendo should go 3rd party" etc.  
Which are dumb things to say.  If you look at their track record, it's pretty good as a business.  At least better than Sony and Microsoft's gaming departments.

So gamecube wasn't a bad system ? 

I'm pretty sure the WII U was only gaining these doomed articles en masse because of the declining sales and lack of quality titles. 

Oh and for those analysts that thought the vita was going to smoke the 3DS was on some crack lol. (Seriously if the psp couldn't do it how can a vita with a weaker brand)

Other than the ridiculous article towards nintendo they are right about the WII U right now

Around the Network
think-man said:
DevilRising said:
Do bears still crap in the woods?

No.

Realy Billy?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

MDMAlliance said:

So gamecube wasn't a bad system ? 

I'm pretty sure the WII U was only gaining these doomed articles en masse because of the declining sales and lack of quality titles. 

Oh and for those analysts that thought the vita was going to smoke the 3DS was on some crack lol. (Seriously if the psp couldn't do it how can a vita with a weaker brand)

Other than the ridiculous article towards nintendo they are right about the WII U right now

Bad system?  Are you saying that a system that doesn't sell terribly well is a bad system?  How exactly are you defining "bad system?"  

And no, I don't think they are right about the Wii U now.  You know why?  Because they are making future predictions about the Wii U and making baseless assumptions about the system.  

I noticed that when it comes to software they are ok, some are very obvious but others are fine. When Nintendo fans call journalist biased is usually because of stuff like doom articles and such (when most of the time they don't make sense) not because of game reviews.

Nintendo and PC gamer

MDMAlliance said:

Bad system?  Are you saying that a system that doesn't sell terribly well is a bad system?  How exactly are you defining "bad system?"  

And no, I don't think they are right about the Wii U now.  You know why?  Because they are making future predictions about the Wii U and making baseless assumptions about the system.  

Here let me make it obvious to you on what a bad system is. A BAD SYSTEM IS WHEN THE MARKET LARGELY REJECTS IT !!!

Was that a better definition of a "bad system" ? (In terms of public reception ofcourse)

You realize the WII U is doing poorly compared to its unprecedented predecessor. Oh and BTW if the super mario 3D world fails to make the market flood then what ?

MDMAlliance said:

Here let me make it obvious to you on what a bad system is. A BAD SYSTEM IS WHEN THE MARKET LARGELY REJECTS IT !!!

Was that a better definition of a "bad system" ? (In terms of public reception ofcourse)

You realize the WII U is doing poorly compared to its unprecedented predecessor. Oh and BTW if the super mario 3D world fails to make the market flood then what ?

So any system or product that doesn't sell is bad?  That surely defies logic.  Quality systems aren't always what sells.  The reason the Wii U isn't selling so well is because it is suffering from a software issue.

And what is a better definition of a "bad system" you ask?  How about objective flaws with the system, not something so subjective like a so-called representative of an owner of the system or relative sales.  

Also, there's no doubt that Super Mario 3D World will create a boost in sales.  It may create more momentum for the system, but I personally don't think that 3D World alone will be enough.  I think those titles announced for 2014 are going to give the Wii U the push it needs.  

Stop the condescending tone.  I am pretty well informed on what's going on.