By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are gaming journalists still biased against Nintendo ?

Is this true ?

Yes 183 72.62%

No 69 27.38%

Total:252

Everyone is bias, be honest with yourself, atm it's the in thing to be bias against Nintendo, one day it will be Sony's turn, the next MS

Around the Network
Rab said:

Everyone is bias, be honest with yourself, atm it's the in thing to be bias against Nintendo, one day it will be Sony's turn, the next MS

We all know that everyone is biased but is everybody exaggerating the hate ?

fatslob-:O said:
Rab said:

It's pretty obvious when you look at the amount of articles journalists write about Nintendo being doomed, irrelevant, or whatever.  Sony is only getting that now because the PS Vita is doing really poorly and has been for over a year now.  The 3DS and Wii U got it from the start.

MDMAlliance said:
Rab said:

It's pretty obvious when you look at the amount of articles journalists write about Nintendo being doomed, irrelevant, or whatever.  Sony is only getting that now because the PS Vita is doing really poorly and has been for over a year now.  The 3DS and Wii U got it from the start.

And yet these doomedz articles completely stopped for the 3DS. Why is it hard to accept that when a bad system is released it will get flack regardless of if it was sony, nintendo, or microsoft. 

Yes, there are some that are bias. You have some that just have different taste in games. You have the low IQ, that just want to be in the in crowd and likes what everyone else likes. I remember seeing a trailer of "The Last Of Us" and thinking, this game is not for me. The star kills two zombies near a step with a pipe and climbs a building and finds a board he puts down to reach another building, ugh. It had a seen that done that type of gameplay and I looked past it. The game comes out with praise to my shock. I will have to play it to judge it, but after seeing that trailer I don't want to play it. That made realize that I'm not everyone, and everyone has their preference. So no, not everyone is bias.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
badgenome said:
Yes. They're just crafty about it. They're doing this so they can act all innocent when they give Super Mario World 3D a 79.

This is the most likely reason.  Why waste a trolling on fodder that's doomed anyway?

Cat-Mario will be violated.

I did not read the post. I am quoting for Akarin.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Rab said:

you don't see the hate as exaggerated because you agree with their hate.

snyps said:
Rab said:

you don't see the hate as exaggerated because you agree with their hate.

The hate on WII U, then yes. The hate on 3DS absolutely not. The hate on the whole company, no. 

Truth be told nintendo is not convinced that they are heading in the wrong direction.

BTW I prefer the wii over the hd twins and to see them drop off like that was painful. 

The wii was the right direction, not the ps360.

MDMAlliance said:

Just because they rate some Nintendo games well, doesn't mean they aren't biased against Nintendo. Kid Icarus: Uprising's score is lower than it should be. The controls are not nearly as bad as the journalists make it out to be. It just takes time to adjust to it, and all you have to do is make sure you aren't too tense when playing and it wont be a painful experience. I've never played a game like it before and I had little to no problems coping with the controls. The game is truly one of the best on the 3DS.

edit: Also, the amount of Nintendo doom articles is too damn high.

When I first bought Kid Icarus: Uprising, I hated the controls so much that I did not touch the game for a year.  I played through the game recently and realized that the controls weren't bad at all, they just needed adjusting to.  Great game!

1doesnotsimply

Oh no journalist are being so biased because they report the negative news about Nintendo's console branch which is struggling.
Woah is me, whatever is there to do? Maybe only positive things should be said and the negative news should be hidden in the closet.
Fact: Negative news will ALWAYS overshadow the positive in this case its the Wii U( atm Negative) vs. 3DS(Very Positive).
Journalists just report what makes a better story, that's how it goes.