By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are gaming journalists still biased against Nintendo ?

Is this true ?

Yes 183 72.62%

No 69 27.38%

Total:252

Bias exists everywhere. No matter how much you trust a source or website to be unbiased, there will be at least bias to some degree. Sadly, this generation has shown a complete failure for journalists to keep their bias in check. Article after article slamming one company or the other, constantly promoting one or the other, and just generally proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that rampant bias exists behind the scenes. It even went as far as some journalists spreading false information in an unusually eager manner or even being the ones to start rumors themselves. These last 12 months or so have been shameful.

Around the Network

Just because they rate some Nintendo games well, doesn't mean they aren't biased against Nintendo. Kid Icarus: Uprising's score is lower than it should be. The controls are not nearly as bad as the journalists make it out to be. It just takes time to adjust to it, and all you have to do is make sure you aren't too tense when playing and it wont be a painful experience. I've never played a game like it before and I had little to no problems coping with the controls. The game is truly one of the best on the 3DS.

edit: Also, the amount of Nintendo doom articles is too damn high.

Raven722 said:
Bias exists everywhere. No matter how much you trust a source or website to be unbiased, there will be at least bias to some degree. Sadly, this generation has shown a complete failure for journalists to keep their bias in check. Article after article slamming one company or the other, constantly promoting one or the other, and just generally proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that rampant bias exists behind the scenes. It even went as far as some journalists spreading false information in an unusually eager manner or even being the ones to start rumors themselves. These last 12 months or so have been shameful.

Yup.

Funny how nintendo fans can still say that the gaming press is still crushing nintendo when they themselves agree that nintendo dropped the ball for not getting GTA V.

Do bears still crap in the woods?

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Funny how nintendo fans can still say that the gaming press is still crushing nintendo when they themselves agree that nintendo dropped the ball for not getting GTA V.

I don't think it's Nintendo's decision, and it also is a highly controversial game to begin with.  Also, you really think the whole slew of "Nintendo is doomed" or "Wii U is doomed" or  "3DS is doomed" articles is/was warranted?  No, it isn't.  

DevilRising said:
Do bears still crap in the woods?

No.

I don't think so, I mean virtually everyone gave Mario galaxy perfect scores, which I don't think it rightfully deserved
But everyone has their own opinions and we just have to accept them

MDMAlliance said:

I don't think it's Nintendo's decision, and it also is a highly controversial game to begin with.  Also, you really think the whole slew of "Nintendo is doomed" or "Wii U is doomed" or  "3DS is doomed" articles is/was warranted?  No, it isn't.  

It may have not being Nintendo's decision but a big release like GTAV 5 has no excuse for not being on WII U even if the audience's were dissimilar. 

Maybe not Nintendo or 3DS but how much faith do you have in the wii u succeeding in the next generation console wars. 

MDMAlliance said:

It may have not being Nintendo's decision but a big release like GTAV 5 has no excuse for not being on WII U even if the audience's were dissimilar. 

Maybe not Nintendo or 3DS but how much faith do you have in the wii u succeeding in the next generation console wars. 

That last statement is a trap.  It is completely subjective and trivial.  In my opinion, I say they are definitely going to succeed.  Succeed as in they will turn a profit and they will sell 30m+ units life time (I use that number specifically because I think selling more than the gamecube is good enough in a shrinking market).