By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSN store is a fucking joke

yum123 said:
seriously get a grip. it most likely is a fault on your end. millions of others didnt have the same problem. ive worked in support and 99% of the people that claim there never using a company again its there fault

You did notice that Sony issued a press release saying there was a problem right?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Another reason an all digital console would be a bad bad idea.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Madword said:
yum123 said:
seriously get a grip. it most likely is a fault on your end. millions of others didnt have the same problem. ive worked in support and 99% of the people that claim there never using a company again its there fault

You did notice that Sony issued a press release saying there was a problem right?

nope but either way rants like this piss me off when youve been on the other side. shit happens but there is always a fix

yum123 said:

Sorry I'm not a fucking idiot, I'm actually really tech savy and majoring in Computer Information Systems, it's not a problem at my end.

How is my internet the problem? What does my slow Internet have to do with the fact everytime I complete the download it won't install? 

yum123 said:
Madword said:
yum123 said:

nope but either way rants like this piss me off when youve been on the other side. shit happens but there is always a fix

I'm not saying he shouldnt have purchased it via disk because based on his internet speed he should of, but considering quite a few people have had this issue it seems, I don't think its totally fair to slate the guy.  I wasted 8 hours of my day trying to get it to work, and i have a 70mb infinity broadband connection.. fortunately for me I had the whole week off. But can you imagine if you had purchased it and was having the day off to play... man that would have been bad.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/09/17/corrupt-psn-gta-5-download-error-code-80029564-should-be-fixed-after-4pm/

It's a poor show for anyone who might have purchased it to actually have to not get their game until 6pm onwards of day of launch. 

Though i think this goes to show that for now digital is definately not the way to go especially if you don't want issues... :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Yeesh, sounds like a poor situation. Not sure why you'd try downloading it with such a awful internet situation though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I feel for you the playstation store takes forever to download, i would just suck it up and wait until its been confirmed that there is no more issues before you attempt to download again.

Sony should apologize and issue a quick fix. No excuses.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Daisuke72 said:
yum123 said:

Sorry I'm not a fucking idiot, I'm actually really tech savy and majoring in Computer Information Systems, it's not a problem at my end.

How is my internet the problem? What does my slow Internet have to do with the fact everytime I complete the download it won't install? 

ok well talk to a manager at sony and get to the bottom of it. sorry but the point that annoys me is people going on threatening to change services because of an issue which can happen or any of the platforms including the competitors. its jst a matter of luck. 

outlawauron said:
Yeesh, sounds like a poor situation. Not sure why you'd try downloading it with such a awful internet situation though.

Like I said before, I downloaded it last night and expected it to be done the next afternoon, so I'd be able to play a few hours after I woke up.