By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSN store is a fucking joke

Sounds like a corrupted file on one or more of Sony's file servers (they'll have more than one per region). They'll have to identify which servers contain the corrupt data and then fix it.

Sounds like they identified the servers, have changed over the data, and confirmed that it was non-corrupted by 4pm.

People blaming internet speed are fucking morons.

People who live in areas where AT&T can get away with charging $40 for 268kb/s need to campaign their local government for cable and telecom deregulation.

Around the Network

We can swear in thread titles now?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

This is what happens when you download games, if you had the physical copy this would have been prevented

Sorry to hear that :(

Well with the next generation, I think you will be able to pre-load the games before it actually comes out (like Steam does) so hopefully you will not have these issues.

Lyrikalstylez said:
This is what happens when you download games, if you had the physical copy this would have been prevented

This problem is already ironed out, anybody with a digital copy now has the ability to redownload the files whenever something goes wrong. When your physical copy gets flushed down the toilet, or something, they'll have the upper hand.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

This problem is already ironed out, anybody with a digital copy now has the ability to redownload the files whenever something goes wrong. When your physical copy gets flushed down the toilet, or something, they'll have the upper hand.

You must have ginormous shits cuze a game disk doesn't fit down my toilet hole...

This is one of the reasons I'm not big on digital. I go digital with smaller games,but not full retail releases. I will,if I'm forced 2. Sony customer service is pretty much a joke. There not known 2 have great customer service. Sorry that happend 2 you. Hope you can work it out.

I'm glad the digital future has been held of for at least another generation. With my bandwidth cap I could probably not even afford a re-download of 18gb. Definitely not a 3rd attempt.

Btw R* stated that the game is optimized to load from HDD and disc simultaneously. Is there any advantage left to day 1 digital?

And it's not just psn. Recently I bought anti-chamber on Steam. It did not appear in my library. Starting the game from the store page locked up Steam. On restart Steam would not connect to my account anymore, just stayed on the connecting box forever. Logging in with a web browser did show the game in my library, but Steam simply refused to start. It worked again a day later, great experience, no.

wick said:
Another reason an all digital console would be a bad bad idea.

An all digital Sony console, maybe.

J_Allard said:
wick said:
Another reason an all digital console would be a bad bad idea.

An all digital Sony console, maybe.

All of them have their digital problems from time to time.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/23/4550380/xbox-live-xbox-website-issues

Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Steam, and even Google.

Let's not turn this into a fanboy argument.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron