By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSN store is a fucking joke

So after downloading for 15 fucking hours GTA V has an install error forcing me to redownload the entire thing. So I ended up getting angry and began to steal the neighbors Internet....finished downloading and AGAIN had the same error.

Okay so NOW I'm pissed and want my money baf But guess what? I called the fucking support guy and he can't help me because he believes bit my fault or I'm not tech savvy...Otherwise THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FROM PURCHASES At all.

So $60 down the drain....Honestly this makes me want to go PC only. I feel like Sony just didn't give a fuck about my troubles at any rate NEVER using the PSN store again. 

Around the Network

Get a better internet connection.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Jeez that sucks. Keep bothering them until you get a solution or a refund. Don't just drop it.

Cry a river, thousands of others are experiencing this too. And, langugage dude.

whats the install error?

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:

So after downloading for 15 fucking hours GTA V has an install error forcing me to redownload the entire thing. So I ended up getting angry and began to steal the neighbors Internet....finished downloading and AGAIN had the same error.

Okay so NOW I'm pissed and want my money baf But guess what? I called the fucking support guy and he can't help me because he believes bit my fault or I'm not tech savvy...Otherwise THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FROM PURCHASES At all.

So $60 down the drain....Honestly this makes me want to go PC only. I feel like Sony just didn't give a fuck about my troubles at any rate NEVER using the PSN store again. 

I did this twice... I had two consoles, it worked on one and not the other.

Stops at 14% right?

Anyway if you are from the UK, support told me that it was a file problem and that at 4pm today uk time they updated the file. How true that is I dont know... fortunately for me I had already purchased a disk version, I purchased the online version to get it earlier (idiot i know :)

They told me this information was on the rockstar website and the sony blog, i have not found it anywhere, I believe it was total bull. I wanted a refund (I would have just gone and purchased a 2nd disk).

Anyway, depends when you last downloaded it and when they *apparently* uploaded the file. I told the support guy it was a joke and that it would be 8pm UK time before i could even play it (excluding my CD version of course, but thats not the point).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

15 hours... wow. You could have went to a store 500miles and backwith a copy of gtav in that time

bananaking21 said:
whats the install error?

don't even know because I'm redownloading it for the third time...

And I have a shitty connection and when I decided to download it, it was 12AM where I live and although I knew itd take 15 hours I expected it to be done around 2PM or so, so I was very anxious to play it.

I have At&t's $40 plan and I'm getting 268KB/s...

I'm thinking of getting better service afte this tbh. Btw I'm in the USI, not the UK. 

Wow, that sucks. Can't PSN scan the downloaded data like Steam and only redownload corrupted files? I wouldn't go digital without this feature, it has been a huge timesaver sooo often.

I purchased a digital copy at 8pm last night, thinking i would play it at 12 for a few hours because my disk wouldnt turn up till after lunch (yeah i know stupid...).

Took 4 hours to download, and by 2am i was too tired, installed it this morning at 10, 14% install error - file corrupted. Downloaded it again, another 4 hours, still corrupted, but ok on my other PS3.

As i said Support told me they were uploading a new file, but I don't believe them as i have been unable to find anything that states this on both Rockstar and Sony's sites. I wish i had taken the guys name or at least got the web address from him. they were obviously getting a few calls about this issue.

I was lucky as i have the week off, but I know of many who took the day off to play, and it would have been an absolute joke had they not been able to download/play until 8pm the night of the day off. It's taught me an important lesson that digital is still in most cases not the way to go.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!