By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSN store is a fucking joke

KHlover said:
Wow, that sucks. Can't PSN scan the downloaded data like Steam and only redownload corrupted files? I wouldn't go digital without this feature, it has been a huge timesaver sooo often.

I cant see how the download file is corrupt but only for a small number of consoles, there is something more to it than that imho. because one of my consoles worked, the other didnt. If a file is corrupt it would be corrupt on both.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Why are you blaming psn when your paying 40 dollars a month for 300kbps?

Max King of the Wild said:
Why are you blaming psn when your paying 40 dollars a month for 300kbps?

I think he has a right to blame PSN considering there is a problem with the download system.

I have a 70MB download and it failed... it's not crappy internet thats the problem.

Digital downloads arent refundable. Its says so in the agreement you sign.

Also, if your connection is so bad, why didnt you just get a physical copy?

This issue is happening with US Store... you need to download without choose "Download in background".

Around the Network

Just found this if this is any help (though nothing is stated on Rockstars site)

--------

Some people have been unable to play the PSN download version of GTA 5 on PS3, reporting an 80029564 error. Sony says the problem should be resolved soon and require the existing content to be deleted, then redownloaded after 4pm.

GTA 5 download “error code 80029564″ to be fixed after 4pm
Here’s the full message from Sony which appeared on the EU forums:

Hi guys,

For those of you experiencing error code 80029564 when downloading or installing GTA V please accept our apologies.

This is been worked on as a high priority and we hope to have it resolved this afternoon. Please delete any GTA content you have already downloaded and then re-download after 4pm today. This should resolve the 80029564 error.

I will let you know if there are any changes to this progress and keep you all informed.

Thanks.

ethomaz said:
This issue is happening with US Store... you need to download without choose "Download in background".

Yeah happened in the EU store also, i used download in background on both machines, 1 worked 1 didn't... so who knows :) But 18 hours for the OP... gah, would have been better to buy the Disk

That's unfortunate to hear. I wonder if its the possibility of too many people downloading it as well since it's launch day.

But all the more reason why some stick with the physical copy. Saves time, money, and bandwidth.

Everything about PSN is a joke really, store included. Madden 25 is the last game I download day one. Would have loved to buy GTA V on PS Store but I heard about these issues and know about the horrendous download speeds.

I hope they make big strides online next gen with the store.

Lol. Don't be mad at Sony for your terrible download speed. I finished the download in about 2 hours and install in about 45 min. No lie. I have verzion fios.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros