By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst Final Fantasy in YOUR opinion!

Which is your least favorite FF game?

Final Fantasy VI 9 2.60%

Final Fantasy VII 14 4.05%

Final Fantasy VIII 23 6.65%

Final Fantasy IX 7 2.02%

Final Fantasy X/X-2 19 5.49%

Final Fantasy XI 21 6.07%

Final Fantasy XII 33 9.54%

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 146 42.20%

Final Fantasy XIV 13 3.76%

Other answer 61 17.63%

Total:346

Final Fantasy X is when the series went from this hallowed series to just another one. That fall marks it for me as the worst. I think I completely reset my expectations and was easier on XII and XIII because of how awful I found X to be.

Around the Network

I couldn't bring myself to finish FF XIII-2 but I didn't really dislike what I played. I gotta go with Final Fantasy VIII. I was so stunned by the intro and the promise of a love story. Didn't really enjoy the game or the story at all. I think I got to the part where everybody suddenly remembered that they used to know each other. I was young and didn't really have high expectations for video game writing but I think my reaction was "REALLY? You gotta be kidding me!". The gameplay wasn't very fun to me, either. I liked the card game, though. I was obsessed with it until the rules went all crazy.

I'm not going to pretend I played them all.  I first played VII, then went back to VI (aka III), VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, and XIII-2 and I played on on DS that I couldn't finish.  I played a few spinoffs too like Ehrgeiz, Crisis Core, and Tactics.

orniletter said:
Salnax said:
orniletter said:
I still haven´t played a single FF and don´t even know where to start :/
...the most controversial ones seem to be FF2 (something with a broken leveling system ?), FF VIII (because of the love story/protagonist and drawing magic), FF X-2 (so kawaii !!!) and FF XIII (linear corridor: the game)
...that´s what you gather as a FF noob :/

You got 2 and X-2 right at least. As for where to start, there are several schools of thought, but I'd recommend Final Fantasy 4. It's not the best FF game, but in my opinion, it's the most Final Fantasy-like Final Fantasy, and is still very good despite being over two decades old.

That is the thing: I own FF4 in 3 different versions: PSP, DS and Wii VC D: !

..and FF VI as well (on VC) Which version is the best ?

Of those three options, probably the DS version. FF6 might be a better choice if you want to see what the fuss is about, but FF4 gets a better mix of old and new parts of the series. Plus, it's the easiest FF game to play, in terms of pacing and the like.

Love and tolerate.

FF XIII, no doubt. The game was completely boring and mindless.

13! Lost Odyssey was more FF than this garbage.

Around the Network

P played 7, 8, 10, 12 and 13... I only really liked 7. I keep playing them trying to find one that can match 7 for me but it never happens. I enjoyed 8 but after boarding the ship from that one city I could never get past the dude who odin comes during the battle. I never got my hands on 9 because a friend was suppose to let me play it after he was done. 10 was beautiful and a solid game but was short and final boss was waaayyyyy too easy (could you even die?). 12 and 13... need I say more? (I liked 12 better though I can not remember anything that happened it it so maybe not)

Max King of the Wild said:
P played 7, 8, 10, 12 and 13... I only really liked 7. I keep playing them trying to find one that can match 7 for me but it never happens. I enjoyed 8 but after boarding the ship from that one city I could never get past the dude who odin comes during the battle. I never got my hands on 9 because a friend was suppose to let me play it after he was done. 10 was beautiful and a solid game but was short and final boss was waaayyyyy too easy (could you even die?). 12 and 13... need I say more? (I liked 12 better though I can not remember anything that happened it it so maybe not)

You should try FF9. It's totally worth it in my opinion.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

unfortunatly I dont have the hours to invest in 1 game anymore. But I have always been interested in giving it a shot sometime.

AZWification said:

unfortunatly I dont have the hours to invest in 1 game anymore. But I have always been interested in giving it a shot sometime.

You should give it a try when you will have the time.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

XIII was easily the worst. It's just missing so many elements that I consider essential for an RPG and shamelessly relegated the lore and storytelling into a horrible wikipedia sized data-log.