By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever quit gaming or thought about quitting gaming?

Tagged games:

Thought about quitting gaming?

Already Quit 7 4.17%

All the time 28 16.67%

Once or twice 59 35.12%

Never considered it 55 32.74%

See results 19 11.31%

Total:168

I've thought about it a few times over the years, but nothing more than that. These days gaming just isn't that exciting for me though.

Around the Network

I think about from time to time. Gaming is an expensive hobby. Some time the stream of me too titles dulls my enjoyment of gaming. Of course then I'll play something special and it rekindles my love for gaming.

Not really quitting, but taking a hiatus.

I only play a few hours a week typically, so I've never been concerned with it interfering with my social life.

Just kidding. I don't have a social life.

Screw the social life XD

Around the Network

Honestly, the best time of Gaming was the PS2 for me. Games like Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts already reached a Level that comes really close to Perfection for me. The Lord of the Ring games were aweseome and you had games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Sly Racoon, Ratchet & Clank, Jak, etc...

The PS2 was centered mostly around my personal gaming taste. I could find enough singleplayer, storybased JRPGs and Action/Adventure and good Platformers. The PS2 just had it all... a great variety of Genres.

The PS3 still had enough great games, especially new franchises like Assassin's Creed and Uncharted. But the Internet becäme to strong and the japanese developers had problems with putting out as much games as they used to before.

I simply hate online gaming. I do not get any entertaining out of competitive online multiplayer. It is simply a waste of time for me. Sure, I could ignore These modes, but they often give me the Feeling that the singleplayer modes are lacking because of the multiplayer. And the inclusion of multiplayer trophies are making me abondon the platinum trophy.

The gaming media are adding oil into the fire by stating that "online modes are a must nowadays" although I often get the Feeling that you have Troubles in most games finding enough People to Play with... only a few games really have a strong and dedicated Player base but everyone tries to be the next Call of Duty.

The XBox One was the one console that would make me quit gaming. I would never buy an "online only" console that I could not operate if I would decide to give up on the Internet. It is the same Thing with a smart phone. I simply do not want one, because I do not Need the Internet. I only need my phone for telephoning.

I get the Feeling that this is simply a cultural Thing. The XBOX 360 somehow "americanized" gaming and brought the PC companies to the console. That was a big shift in the console Business. Western Genres like the Shooter and the WRPG took over and the american way of Advertising gave them the edge against the japanese companies. Well, at least that is how feel when I read the average Review.

A Company like Bethesda could sell a game that is almost broken and unplayable, but would still get a 10/10. The Review System is broken nowadays. You can get so much things for free on the Internet, but the Reviews are no longer reliable for me... they are simply bought. The whole Internet has this problem. There is so much fake there... fake Reviews, fake Ratings... It is simply out of control. The online gaming brings the same Problems. Rage quitter, cheater, trolls... If this is the only future of gaming then I will definately become a niche gamer ...

I have. I wasn't gaming from 2007 till the early part of 2011 when a friend of mine lent me one of his PS3s. I bough mine in the latter part of that year. I gave up gaming when I was in undergrad. That's why I'm so behind on PS3 stuff. I'm actually glad I took that break. I was a much more efficient person back then, so I don't game as much to keep in step with that. Balance is key.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I pretty much have by this point, I just play the big releases I really want to play and the occasional "Casual" stuff with friends. Otherwise I'm spending more time playing sports, skating,hanging out with my mates and enjoying other forms of media.

Well, to be honest. I might skip this gen.

I have a Wii U, but Nintendo is sucking a big ol hard on with it. 3DS has been pretty solid, I'll probably follow that to the end.

PS4 and Nextbox have nothing really distinguishing them from their predecessors. I mean, I have a PS3, and PS4 games look only marginally better. Nothing has wowed me/lots of shooters.

Weedlab said:

I have. I wasn't gaming from 2007 till the early part of 2011 when a friend of mine lent me one of his PS3s. I bough mine in the latter part of that year. I gave up gaming when I was in undergrad. That's why I'm so behind on PS3 stuff. I'm actually glad I took that break. I was a much more efficient person back then, so I don't game as much to keep in step with that. Balance is key.

Ahh you did miss a few good games in that span of time, Heavy Rain, MGS4, KZ 2 to name a few.