By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever quit gaming or thought about quitting gaming?

Tagged games:

Thought about quitting gaming?

Already Quit 7 4.17%

All the time 28 16.67%

Once or twice 59 35.12%

Never considered it 55 32.74%

See results 19 11.31%

Total:168

This thought goes through my mind about once or twice a year, I can never bring myself to do it though lol.

I think the longest break I've probably had from playing a video game is about 6 months and that was pushing it.

The reasons for me wanting to quit gaming sometimes are because you see days and days melt away, my excuse I keep telling myself though is what else would I do instead? Read a book...Play some sports? 

So yeah what about you guys?

Around the Network

Yes, i skipped the ps2 era. Technically i had the original xbox but i only had halo 2 and nhl 0someyear for it (and the sneak king lol)

I've thought about quitting for a while now. It really does use a lot of your time up and for me personally there are a lot of things I could be doing with that time that are far more important from an eternal perspective. The one benefit is I've made a lot of friendships with people (especially in the mmos that I've played).

Oh and what i did instead? I was 14 in 2000. So that was when i was skateboarding and hanging out with a core group of people on a daily basis doing lots of things each day (which has now disbanded which is probably why i started gaming again)

Dulfite said:

I've thought about quitting for a while now. It really does use a lot of your time up and for me personally there are a lot of things I could be doing with that time that are far more important from an eternal perspective. The one benefit is I've made a lot of friendships with people (especially in the mmos that I've played).

MMOs are probably the most time consumering games out there, I've seen friends lose there girlfriends over those games.

Around the Network

I've gone beyond that.Gaming has become part of me and everybody has accepted it.Other people have different hobbies,I have gaming,what's the problem in that? Problem is if you are losing love for it and are doing it just to kill time.In that case I think you should maybe go different road.
Personally,I look at the future and see that games are really become more and more mature and photorealistic.It's really best time ever to be a gamer.I'm excited for GTA V just as I was excited for,I don't know,something 6 years ago.I must say,games are becoming better and better and unless that stops being the case,I don't see myself going out of the gaming.

When my first PS2 broke i stopped gaming for about a year, my xbox was lent to a friend, didnt care to ask for it back... doing shit other than gaming kicked ass. Then i got my xbox back and got a new ps2 and then I was back to being a nerdy antisocial gamer. Again i gave up gaming for a year when my first 360 broke, had only 1 PS3 game and didnt care to buy more, and again actually doing something with my life was nice. Then when i replaced my 360 life as a gamer began again.

there have been periods 1-2 months where ive stopped but thats due to lack of SW dont think i would quit entirely

Play Me

I have my periods of stopping and playing. It's like gamenstration

my not playing periods are getting longer though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i've gone months without playing and maybe even a year at a time, but its not by choice. Well when I say choice I mean that I didn't plan to go so long without playing.

Just was busy and or didn't have see any must have games to play.